Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

CAVE Co., Ltd.

Company »

A Japanese company known for its bullet hell shoot 'em ups.

A plethora of new announcements.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael

Cave just had a press conference, and a number of things happened: 

• An iPhone port of Deathsmiles was announced. I don't really care -- I have no interest in playing their games on a shitty little screen with my finger blocking my vision -- but Cave have obviously made some money on their previous iPhone ports if they're willing to put out more, so cool for them. Screenshots here.
    • An Xbox 360 port of their latest arcade release, Akai Katana, was announced, and it's called Akai Katana Shin. It's got HD graphics, support for proper 16:9 widescreen output (obviously with a number of tweaks to bullet patterns and such, to make the game fit that format), a new stage, new voice acting, and some system changes that haven't been revealed yet. I think there's a very good chance indeed this'll get localized in the near future, so I'm pretty pumped for that. Link.
    • A new downloadable 360 title called Nin2-Jump was revealed. It's a side-scrolling action game where you play as a ninja called Nin Ja. Link.
    • The adventure game they've talked about in the past was revealed: it's called Instant Brain. No details, and we don't yet know what platforms it's going to come out for. Screenshots here.
    • Cave won a Guinness World Record for having developed 48 bullet hell shoot 'em ups -- more than any other developer in the world. Link.

Very exciting news indeed. Here are trailers: 

Akai Katana Shin

The updated graphics look absolutely smashing. Can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy whenever they bring it over.

Nin2-Jump

Graphically, it looks like a shadow theatre (special effects aside). Pretty cool, I suppose, but I'd really like some more animation... at least on Nin Ja's sprite. Kind of hard to see what it plays like, but it's some form of action-platformer. Cave have never made anything like this before, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they can bring to the genre.

Instant Brain 

Some kind of dating sim, judging by the cast. I guess we'll see if I'm right later this year. I'm not especially interested in visual novels though, and the game will probably never be localized anyway, so I don't really care either way.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Icemael

Some more news:

" Nin-2 Jump – Asada hopes to play it on Ustream for us all to see some time in the middle of March. He says he thinks the game has a great amount of depth.

Akai Katana Shin – the Shin mode is already a bit different (in terms of gameplay) compared to the version playable on February 19th. This may also be included in the planned Ustream broadcast.

Instant Brain – Asada hopes to reveal a lot more about the game starting next month. Some in-game screens will be presented. "

Looking forward to it. Source.
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By sameeeeam

Excited about Akai Katana Shin. 

If Instant Brain does turn out to be a visual novel, then I will definitely be interested. Always had a soft spot for that genre.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Icemael

Oh, I forgot: we now know Instant Brain will be coming out on the Xbox 360. Not sure if it'll be exclusive, but pretty much everything they've put out recently has been on PCB, Xbox 360 and iPhone only, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a PS3 or PC announcement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.