Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

CAVE Co., Ltd.

Company »

A Japanese company known for its bullet hell shoot 'em ups.

News from Cave's latest livestream.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael
    Link.

• Dangun Feveron might not be re-released because of some sort of marketing problems. If it comes out, it might be for iPhone instead of Xbox 360.
    • Cave aren't sure if they'll keep making shooters for arcades. They'll discuss the matter after Akai Katana Shin is done.
    • The rumours that Cave aren't happy with Microsoft or their console are not true. They have a great relationship.
    • Superplays may start getting released on Blu-Ray instead of DVD.
    • They don't see themselves making any PC games.

The Dangun Feveron news is bad, obviously. An iPhone release is no release at all as far as I'm concerned. As for the part about arcade shooters... I just don't know that it's a good business decision (but then, I am no businessman). But if they can survive on making shooters exclusively for consoles and stay true to the arcade spirit, I don't mind. I never buy PCBs anyway.
    SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SomeJerk

I think Akai Katana wasn't bullet-hell enough for the arcade crowd. The arcade collectors I deal with have every freaking Cave game ever (and I miss my Uo Poko PCB), regularly import and shop with yahoo auctions, but not a single one has shown any interest in Akai Katana.

I also think the idea of rotating those huge heavy-ass CRTs killed a lot of potential purchases of it.

e: Yep, that was a flop. What a sad sight, scorehunting or bust just like on consoles it's achievements or bust. Could drop a really bad game as long as it has a standard Cave scoring system, as long as it's nothing you can max out.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

Deathsmiles did really well though, and that was both horizontal and easy (well, easy for a Cave game). The main reason Akai Katana flopped was that people maxed out the score shortly after release. When the score has been maxed, there's nothing to beat and the hardcore lose interest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.