...And so April Fool's begins.

#1 Posted by RipTheVeins (1546 posts) -

Today, on their Facebook page, CD Projekt RED announced their new game The Bard.   

A game with no violence, choices, or ramifications for your actions.  It's also under 2 hours, and the best part? The game plays itself!
To go along with this announcement CD Projekt RED also released a teaser and a dev diary:

...On a serious note, I'm still not totally for April Fool's gags, but at least CD gets that if you're gonna go for it, go for it all the way.
#2 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1180 posts) -

I would totally buy this game.

#3 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

Is it wrong that I want to play this?

#4 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

Dandelion is an awesome character, especially in the books.

#5 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Oh shit, it's April 1st! Didn't even notice...

#6 Posted by Nux (2401 posts) -

Yo I don't care if this is a real thing or not but I really would play this game.
#7 Posted by Baal_Sagoth (1278 posts) -

I love the CD Project Red guys. This is how you do an entertaining April Fools joke! Can't wait to play Witcher 2. Would be really interesting if this made it into a little episode like "Price of Neutrality" or something like that because it sounds pretty cool.

#9 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

The Witcher 2 Engine looks fantastic.

#10 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Not sure where you got the "no violence" from, he beats things down with his lute and fucks monsters up to the point where they explode into a cloud of blood. 

But I would buy this game the instant it was released if it was real.

#11 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -
@drag said:
" It does have violence though look. That's actually a bit of a disappointment, even for a joke. I would love to play a WRPG-style game where you don't play as a hero fighter character.  "
Dandelion knows how to fuck someone up

and then run away
#12 Posted by ky326 (255 posts) -

Great find.

#13 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

I want to play The Witcher 2 after watching that...

#14 Posted by ajamafalous (12110 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" Is it wrong that I want to play this? "
YOU'RE NOT DAVE
#15 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
@ajamafalous: I can be whoever you want me to be.
#16 Posted by ajamafalous (12110 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" @ajamafalous: I can be whoever you want me to be. "
Well, in that case...
#17 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" @ajamafalous: I can be whoever you want me to be. "
Santa?
#18 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

I'd play it if it weren't for the "it plays itself" because that actually sounds like an interesting experiment.

I also wish that April Fools jokes were better. This is so obviously false that it's just "oh, I guess that's kinda funny"

#19 Posted by suntone (98 posts) -

Man that game looks great.  I would totally play it if it was real, and Dandelion is a pimp.

#20 Posted by RipTheVeins (1546 posts) -
@drag said:
" It does have violence though look. That's actually a bit of a disappointment, even for a joke. I would love to play a WRPG-style game where you don't play as a hero fighter character.  "
@Azteck said:
" Not sure where you got the "no violence" from, he beats things down with his lute and fucks monsters up to the point where they explode into a cloud of blood.  But I would buy this game the instant it was released if it was real. "
Haha, yeah, I know.  However, it clearly states on the website in the fake poster image that there's no violence despite having a trailer with loot bashing and blood clouds.

I actually thought that was the funniest thing about it.
#21 Posted by Regal (434 posts) -

Finally a fast and light web browser that looks good. 

http://blog.chromium.org/2011/04/taking-chrome-to-lite-speeds.html 
#22 Posted by Regal (434 posts) -

This one was also pretty good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.