Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Champions Online

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Champions Online is a superhero action-MMORPG for PC. It was developed by Cryptic Studios, the makers of City of Heroes.

Character creation, environments, and more! X-Play Interview!

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

Hey, I've been checking up on Champions Online (Cryptic's new MMO) on a fairly regular basis. Moments ago, I visited www.champions-online.com and I found Part One of G4TV's X-Play interview with Cryptic's Bill Roper. I played City of Heroes for a little while before I quit (I have no idea why I did that) and I loved the game. The MMO gamer in me has been talking and I'm starting to listen. Stylized visuals, super powers, and it will be available on the Xbox 360! In fact, the developers often play the PC version with the Xbox 360 gamepad, I'm really pumped for this. The two versions will also have cross-platform servers. Awesome? Yes! Anyway, here you go!:

Edit: The embed code is kind of funky, right now. If the picture is blank or darkened, click on what should be the video a few times and the video pops back. Try that, if not you can visit the website through the link I posted and navigate to X-Play with the links available on the website. Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully the video works for you guys. It's well worth watching.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Holy crap, that looks awesome! I also loved City of Heroes.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MKHavoc

I was watching some of this last night.  I really want this game to do well.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

It's really looking good so far and I can't wait to play it...I really like the fact that you get to create your own personal nemesis too. I also think this might be the first MMO that has a real chance at succeeding on a console.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

I've been watching Champions since it was announced. Really looking forward to it.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Out_On_Bail

This is great.  I can't wait for Champions, I just hope the final product is worth the money.  So far it's looking great though.

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hungrynun

I wonder how the console controls will fare.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb
    hungrynun said:
    "I wonder how the console controls will fare."

Considering that the developers use the gamepad even when playing the PC version, I'd say the controls are coming along nicely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.