Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Champions Online

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Champions Online is a superhero action-MMORPG for PC. It was developed by Cryptic Studios, the makers of City of Heroes.

No GB review?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jedted

Since Dave did a Quick Look i expected him to write up a review to let people know if it's worth it or not.  I was looking forward to hearing his personal recomendation on the game. 

Is he still in the process of reviewing it or what? 
    killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By killdave

The product is still in the process of becoming game.

I've already cancelled my sub and from what I hear ingame, many others are too.

At the moment its just too broken with the powers, builds, pvp etc.

Best to re-review it in a few month

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zombie2011
    @Jedted said:
    " Since Dave did a Quick Look i expected him to write up a review to let people know if it's worth it or not.  I was looking forward to hearing his personal recomendation on the game.  Is he still in the process of reviewing it or what?  "
    They probably don't have the time to play enough of a MMO to review it. The big games for the year are about to hit and i'm sure they're gonna be spending all their gaming time playing those for review.
    wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By wealllikepie

1st of all, dave doesn't do reviews that often, and 2nd, nobody ever reviewed dirt 2 either and that game looks AWESOME

produceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By produceman

i dont know if someone will review the game but it is an mmo and those things take a while to review
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By penguindust

If you want to do a good review of an MMO it takes some time.  There are several things to take into account, not the least of which is the community.  Plus, the game has been changed a lot from the beta I gather, so any impressions made during that time would not count today.  Give them time and they'll get around to it eventually...maybe.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By killdave
    @viiral said:
    " @killdave said:
    " The product is still in the process of becoming game.  I've already cancelled my sub and from what I hear ingame, many others are too.  At the moment its just too broken with the powers, builds, pvp etc.  Best to re-review it in a few month "
    Lies "
    Come on dude be honest, you play the same game as I do and you see what people type, regardless of your opinion on the gameplay.

Sure messing with character creation is a blast but due to the games open nature of picking any spell/power you want makes it very very hard to balance. Thats clear for all to see and experience.
    AaronAlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AaronAlex

Well id write a user review, if the character creation menu would even load up for me. 
    Yep.. It gets that bad.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Well Dave is currently on holiday, so he's not reviewing it at the moment. And dave is usually far too busy working on stuff behind the scenes to be writing reviews. I think he's only done two in total. Also, MMO's are probably hardest type of game to write a review for. And he's not a professional writer, so I'd assume the other guys have to have a fair bit of input on the review, and they're probably all busy, so it puts even more strain on a very small group of staff.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
    ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
    @viiral said:
    " The game does has bugs, so does every new game, but its not broken.  Personaly i think ppl QQ to much about the changes beenign made. "
    Have to agree with viiral.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.