Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Champions Online

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Champions Online is a superhero action-MMORPG for PC. It was developed by Cryptic Studios, the makers of City of Heroes.

Should i get it ..

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Deathshroud

I kinda need a change from WoW . been kinda away from that game for a few months now . I was wondering should i try Champions?  also i was wondering if i did start playing it ...is there a Giantbomb Super group or team on one of the servers ?  

Just as a side story,I watched the Matrix Online going closing videos on the site the other day and it made me want to start playing a MMO again lol .
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By End_Boss

I was one of its most vocal advocates when it came out, and I've gotta' say, it's just not worth your money right now. Maybe in a year or so when some more content has been released, but at this point there's just not enough to do. To answer your other question, there was a Giant Bomb Super Group for a while... I have no idea if it still exists.

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By SBYM

No.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Deathshroud
    @End_Boss said:

"I was one of its most vocal advocates when it came out, and I've gotta' say, it's just not worth your money right now. Maybe in a year or so when some more content has been released, but at this point there's just not enough to do. "

Yeah i was looking at it pretty close durring its time of release , was dabbling in City of Heroes durring that time ...but durring that time i kinda got out of playing all MMOs so i never got into it on release .  

I am kinda looking for something that its of course not only fun but socal ... i was Playing WoW from its release and the Guild i was in and very close to Broke up so i dont really want to go back to that right now .   

Ill take what you said in consideration ....i have been told about the same thing from people at work ...giving it a year or so . 
    just kinda wanted a anothers view on it .
    Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Deathshroud

Thanks you the help btw :)
    Joker_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joker_777

When is it coming to 360? Is it even going to anymore?

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Deathshroud
    @Joker_777 said:
    "When is it coming to 360? Is it even going to anymore? "

i haven't heard anything about it . not sure if it got canned or not .

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

I played it for about a month and 2bh I wouldn't recommend it.  The quests are very repetitive between 1 and 30 at least and it's a hell of a lonely grind.  The best thing about it is building a completely unique hero choosing your own powers and unlocking new costume pieces but it's really not worth the effort.  I'd prefer it if they used the engine to make a new freedom force game but that will never happen. 

Why not give Age of Conan a try? It's just been made free to play for the first 20 levels and looks like it could be very different to WoW if your looking for a change of pace. 

EDIT: Why not watch the champions online quick look? give you a feel for the game maybe

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By carlthenimrod

The game is pretty fun but there is not enough content. Once you level your guy up you will probably be done. It's pretty cheap nowadays though, so might as well give it a look if you like MMORPGs.

I will probably go back in a year or so to check up on it.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deathshroud
    @IncredibleBulk92 said:
    "I played it for about a month and 2bh I wouldn't recommend it.  The quests are very repetitive between 1 and 30 at least and it's a hell of a lonely grind.  The best thing about it is building a completely unique hero choosing your own powers and unlocking new costume pieces but it's really not worth the effort.  I'd prefer it if they used the engine to make a new freedom force game but that will never happen.  Why not give Age of Conan a try? It's just been made free to play for the first 20 levels and looks like it could be very different to WoW if your looking for a change of pace.  EDIT: Why not watch the champions online quick look? give you a feel for the game maybe "

I played Age of Conan , i didnt really like it  :( . But thanks for all the info . i did check the quick look btw . looks ok of a game ..but yeah i dont think i am going to get into it right now . might check out CoH again sense its still install on my computer .
    Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deathshroud

I also considering trying Aion ..but i heard the spam from gold sellers on that is insane .  
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By End_Boss
    @Deathshroud said:
    " I also considering trying Aion ..but i heard the spam from gold sellers on that is insane .   "
    I believe the gold selling has been dealt with, at least in part. The major complaints I hear about Aion is that it's really grindy. But then again... Which MMO isn't?
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By scarace360

i played it and loved it but im a comic fan so that may have something to do with it. I would give it a try

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.