Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Champions Online

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Champions Online is a superhero action-MMORPG for PC. It was developed by Cryptic Studios, the makers of City of Heroes.

Will be playing the game....soon!

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Man. I paid my $200 for lifetime membership then 
    never bought the main game to get started.  I just got
    it from a cyber-monday sale for $20.

I should be getting on soon to play it finally. Does anyone
    play this game anymore?  I haven't heard much about it
    so it makes me wonder about it. 

Based on the Achievements this game has, doesn't look
    like anyone has gotten very far since there are so many 
    rares still in the game.  On the other hand, this is pretty good
    as you can rack up your rares with this game...assuming
    they're not impossible..many look kind of grindy though.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ToxicFruit

200 $ for a lifetime membership!, sure you will be playing it for that long? you know lifetime is a long time. 
    but to answer your question, yeah I think a good bunch of people are playing this. have fun

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Griddler

Holy crap that's alot of money for one game.

And before you've tried it?

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " Man. I paid my $200 for lifetime membership then  never bought the main game to get started.  I just got it from a cyber-monday sale for $20.  I should be getting on soon to play it finally. Does anyone play this game anymore?  I haven't heard much about it so it makes me wonder about it.   Based on the Achievements this game has, doesn't look like anyone has gotten very far since there are so many  rares still in the game.  On the other hand, this is pretty good as you can rack up your rares with this game...assuming they're not impossible..many look kind of grindy though. "
    You paid about 100 quid on a game you've never even played? Wha?
    Avatar image for the_philosopher
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By The_Philosopher
    @Lind_L_Taylor: 
    I still play this game... kinda. My main is level 21 and i played for a bit today for the first time in awhile. It's much more fun with other people, so send me a friend request sometime when you get on. I might be on, I might not but either way my handle is ThePhilosopher1992. If that doesn't work  try The Magician@ThePhilosopher1992 or just pm me your handle or something. Hope to see you online :)
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @girdz said:

" Holy crap that's alot of money for one game.  And before you've tried it? "

@MysteriousBob said:

" @Lind_L_Taylor said:

" Man. I paid my $200 for lifetime membership then  never bought the main game to get started.  I just got it from a cyber-monday sale for $20.  I should be getting on soon to play it finally. Does anyone play this game anymore?  I haven't heard much about it so it makes me wonder about it.   Based on the Achievements this game has, doesn't look like anyone has gotten very far since there are so many  rares still in the game.  On the other hand, this is pretty good as you can rack up your rares with this game...assuming they're not impossible..many look kind of grindy though. "
    You paid about 100 quid on a game you've never even played? Wha? "
    LOL.  I paid the $15 to play the beta & the beta was enough to decide on being a founding member. There wasn't much time so I had to buy the option right away.  But then... I had other games to play & decided I would come back to CO later.  I can already play it when I want with no monthly fee...haha..so I guess it made me a little lazy.  I wasn't exactly stoked about having to pay an additional $50 for the boxed CO after putting down $200.  So I was waiting for the boxed set to drop in price a little & $20 was good enough for me. :-)

I got a friend that bought the lifetime subscription for the Lord of the Rings MMO.  It has been a year & he still hasn't logged in to play the damn game since he's still playing WoW. He also played the beta at the start...roffles.

Oh yeah, I had to upgrade one of my PCs as well that I'd play the game on.  Dust jammed up the heatsink & the fan & ruined the CPU.  So that PC couldn't play any games until 2 weeks ago.  At any rate, I'm all set. I'll be able to give time to CO.  

@The_Philosopher said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor:  I still play this game... kinda. My main is level 21 and i played for a bit today for the first time in awhile. It's much more fun with other people, so send me a friend request sometime when you get on. I might be on, I might not but either way my handle is ThePhilosopher1992. If that doesn't work  try The Magician@ThePhilosopher1992 or just pm me your handle or something. Hope to see you online :) "

Will do, buddy. Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.