Welcome to the Party, Pals

#101 Posted by SlantedRoom (265 posts) -

i don't know man, for about the past 2 years Giantbomb has been my go-to site for video game news and shenanigans and while growth here is inevitable i'm just preying that it doesn't lose that kinda "dudes hangin out in the basement effin' around writing about video games" feel that it has, that has become such a big part (for me anyways) of their personality.  
i fucking love Giantbomb and i'm happy for them and i want them to be successful and they deserve to be successful, i just hope this all works out for the best, for everybody
#102 Posted by Zabant (1268 posts) -

Just saw the photos of matt.

More like Fatt Bodega AMIRITE?!

#103 Posted by Binman88 (3690 posts) -

Awesome. 

The show floor videos from E3 are some of my favourite segments from GB, so please do nice lengthy ones :D

#104 Posted by blasphemousmonkey (25 posts) -

YAY TANG

#105 Posted by Chango (541 posts) -

Welcome!

#106 Posted by Jayzilla (2571 posts) -

with growth comes more. careful what you ask for.

#107 Posted by JarenFace (205 posts) -

As I said in a random thread, one of my favourite destructoid editors is now also writing for one of my favourite video game websites? Hopefully Brad Nicholson will guest on a few bombcasts and bring the same energy he showed on previous Podtoids.

#108 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

Welcome aboard fellas! 

Here's hoping for more "Video Thing" from the 4 duders downstairs.

#109 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2058 posts) -

Aw, I totally thought more fun meant a 3rd endurance run. It'll happen someday though...

#110 Posted by NoXious (1353 posts) -

Oh oh, I foresee no more Dave & Mike Quick Looks if the move is done.
Is this true? Will we loose our source of hilarity and PC Quick Looks?! Nooooooo!!!

#111 Posted by mracoon (4978 posts) -

Can't wait to see what kind of things you guys get up to in your new place.

#112 Posted by FLStyle (4918 posts) -

Rock on Giant Bomb, awesome news.

#113 Posted by Radar (904 posts) -

At the rate that Whiskey Media is growing it's no surprise you guys are moving. 

#114 Posted by s10129107 (1211 posts) -

Sure new brad can bench 230 pounds but awesome brad can simply command the weights to rise on their own with his rich manly voice.

#115 Posted by ThatFrood (3394 posts) -

OMG YOU GUYS THEY'RE GONNA DO A THIRD ENDURANCE RUN!!!!

#116 Posted by Fenrir (32 posts) -

This is awesome news! Giant Bomb is easily my favourite website, let alone games website. What I always felt was needed was "moar" and now that is being delivered :) Cant wait.

#117 Edited by crusnchill (856 posts) -

Man! I'm so happy Brad Nicholson's joining the Giantbomb crew, That guy was such a laugh to listen to on Podtoid, hope he comes on the Bombcast...

As to Matt Bodega. I hate you so much! I also love this and respect him just as equally, ha ha. Matt Bodega, you must deserve it if the GiantBomb guys want you on board.

I want to work for Giantbomb and I'm jealous as fuck! Ah well. I have my own website to think about. :-)

#118 Posted by killawogg (222 posts) -

good snag, also i bet they got brad N as a body guard for e3 lol , giantbomb is going to be like an old rock super group.... i love it

#119 Posted by Hilfemaster (103 posts) -

Hope they get new Brad on the podcast sometime, he was pretty good on the destructoid podcast.

#120 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1743 posts) -

Glad things are evolving. Excited about the future!

#121 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Expand and get better, GiantBomb. I belieb in you.

#122 Posted by MisterMouse (3564 posts) -

Sounds good! also i do hope there is another endurance run!

#123 Posted by Rapid (1402 posts) -

Requesting "How to build a Better Bomb! Videos" 

#124 Posted by zombie2011 (5048 posts) -

Wacky fun?

my hope is "How to build a bomb" pt 2.

#125 Posted by crusnchill (856 posts) -
@Corpsegrinder said:
" Oh shit. It's the Nicholson! He's a beast of a man. Ask him what his shoe size is. "
Classic Podtoid!

Brad responds: "Tell you what, ask me again next podcast and I might tell you all."
#126 Posted by Ronald (1391 posts) -

"
You can expect to see more live things like that from us here in the basement, along with more reviews and Quick Looks, the eventual return of T.A.N.G., and "wacky fun."
 "
Best news I have heard in a long while. The videos are why I keep coming back to the site, hoping for QLs and ERs. And TNT has been fun to watch. Here's hoping for tons more.

#127 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

Buff Brad Vs Fat Brad.  Only on Pay Per View!!!!
#128 Edited by EasyPeasey (159 posts) -

Right on GB. Anything that allows you guys to make more stupid videos is fine by me.

#129 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -

Awesomeness! Good to see Giant Bomb blowing up. Ugh. 

I'd recommend a re-do of the front page though, if you're having more video and news content I don't think the current layout really works?!

#130 Posted by Corpsegrinder (78 posts) -

I think they're getting Nicholson so that he can pump them up for summer. That way they can show off their beach bodies. The Nicholson gets me so pumped I could hurt a small child and feel no remorse.

#131 Posted by DeadFish (229 posts) -

Freelancer are credit to team! :D

#132 Posted by drew327 (632 posts) -

Thanks for the State of the Site, welcome to the new guys

#133 Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro (945 posts) -

Kids on the beat!

Kids on the street!

Beat kids!

#134 Posted by Lambert (402 posts) -

The new additions are welcome to this shitty community.

#135 Posted by Jolt92 (1579 posts) -

I hope it won't change things up to much. If it does, it'll just be 4chan for me.

Please stay good, Giant Bomb. I'll die there. 

#136 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -
@Sweep said:
"Mattbodega should be a guest on the bombcast, provided you don't let him talk about Path Of Neo... "
Or World of Warcraft. MattBodega can talk about WoW for days. I can just picture it now - Ryan asks him what he's been playing, the words "World of Warcraft" leave his lips and we then have a 5 hour solo from MattBodega talking about WoW. If he gets on the bombcast and even mentions WoW I will hunt him down and kill him. 

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED MATTBODEGA!!!!!!!!
#137 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

I hope they just don't spread their work out over too many people. Then you suffer quality for quantity - it always happens.

#138 Posted by bjorno (1433 posts) -

whoa

#139 Posted by marbleCmoney (493 posts) -

I need some quick hits ASAP.

#140 Posted by zaglis (910 posts) -

Um..I don't..what.

#141 Posted by RagingLion (1368 posts) -

Good to hear on update on what's going down, Jeff.  All sounds great - I trust you guys with whatever decisions you take in expanding the site so good luck with it all and I'm sure we'll enjoy the continued journey.  Don't stop having fun.

#142 Posted by Zoombini (64 posts) -

Remember to kidnap Dave on the way out. GB needs him much more then those Whiskey Media dogs.

Good luck with the new office, hope the moving process is without insident. And if it has incident, I hope someone has a camera nearby.

#143 Posted by Crono (2707 posts) -

Giant Bomb is leveling up.

#144 Posted by Gangway (49 posts) -

Does this mean the return of the "How to build a Bomb" web videos on the new office space?

#145 Posted by JTHomeslice (244 posts) -

You need to get Nicholson in some time for the podcast. Dude's hilarious.

Also, everything's true. He can lift anything.

#146 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Always enjoy more people to the team, welcome to the land of tomorrow!

#147 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Sweet, sounds like some good stuff goin' on.

#148 Posted by makari (600 posts) -
@Sweep said:
"

THE FUTURE!!

Mattbodega should be a guest on the bombcast, provided you don't let him talk about Path Of Neo... "
He should be a guest on the podcast, provided he doesn't speak at all!

Endurance Run 3 confirmed!
#149 Posted by Dryker (515 posts) -
@TheHBK:
Ouch, that fool said Fat Brad!
#150 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

E3 coverage is going to be insane.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.