How old is Chell from the Portal games?

#1 Posted by moywar700 (174 posts) -
#2 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10922 posts) -

Well, Portal 2 (spoilers, I guess) takes place a hella long time after the first one, right? So while she doesn't get any older physically, wouldn't she technically be a hundred or something?

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'd ask her, and inevitably her response would be "apple". So I say she's apple years old.

#4 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

Late 200s, early 300s.

#5 Edited by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

she was in stasis. age is somewhat meaningless after one has experienced time stop completely, i would think

#6 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

I always thought of her as an early 30s woman.

#7 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@thedj93 said:

she was in stasis. age is somewhat meaningless after one has experienced time stop completely, i would think

Plus she seems to have lost at least half a decade after being in stasis, so either the stasis machine dyes hair REALLY well and has a comprehensive plastic surgery mechanism, or it's the same thing that substituted her surgically replaced knee for a bunch of high-heel boots...

#8 Posted by moywar700 (174 posts) -

#9 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

@moywar700: she looks much healthier as the story progresses

#10 Posted by ShaggE (6429 posts) -

Throwing story aside and going by appearance, she's 30-something in Portal 1, and mid-20s in Portal 2. She's a mute Benjamin Button.

#11 Posted by iAmJohn (6117 posts) -

Who cares. Seriously, who cares? And why?

#12 Posted by Hunter5024 (5640 posts) -

I would have said mid 30s during Portal one. But they sexed her up a bit in Portal 2, and made her look more early to mid 20s.

#13 Posted by moywar700 (174 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.