Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chicago Bears

Concept »

The Chicago Bears are a professional football team Based in Chicago Illinois.

It's Packers-Bears week!

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By endaround

Yes its one of the greatest holidays of the year, where the Packers go and show the Bears what a winning team looks like. But this year is a very sad one for Bears fans and they are more concerned with things like family and Christmas as they try to not think about the terrible Bears offense. I'm sure that Josh McCown will be the answer! But even the Bears coaching staff has adopted the Cub's unofficial motto of wait 'til next year as Lovie Smith has already started deciding which of his assistants to blame for everything (Mike Martz looks like he's the lucky one this time!) . Now add in the fact the Packers really have little to play for outside of getting last week's lost behind them. But even then Rodgers and the rest of the first string will likely play only a half. What I'm saying is this week is going to be boring with out Bear's fans talking like an SNL sketch. So how can we get them riled up? Sure we can point to last years drubbing in the NFC title game but that makes for bad video. So let's turn back to some highlights of Packers-Bears games from the Ditka years!

1) Jim McMahon throws an interception and is then blocked in a highly illegal way

Most likely one of the dirtiest plays in the NFL. But Martin did serve a two game suspension, so its all good.

2) Ken Stills is a bit late hitting Matt Suhey

This happened the year before the McMahon body slam leading to many people to believe Packer's coach Forrest Gregg was offering bounties to his players when they played the Bears.

3) Mike Dtika still thinks he was robbed

The game that made replay what it is today and made the Chicago Bears replay opponents for years. This game was not included as a loss in the Bear's media guide for years because Ditka was so upset.

So maybe this will give enough impetus for Bears fans to take some time this holiday season to reflect on how much they hate the Packers to once again make this game a very special occasion!

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Karl_Boss

Hope the Bears pull off the upset but they're on a downward spiral so I doubt it.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Atlas

I'm a Colts fan. None of you have the right to complain.

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By patrickklepek

;_;

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PeasantAbuse

As a Seahawks fan, I loved seeing the Bears lose last weekend. I kind of hope they can pull off a win against Green Bay though.

@Atlas said:

I'm a Colts fan. None of you have the right to complain.

lol

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By Atlas

@patrickklepek said:

;_;

Patrick, a question about your football fandom. Do you just watch Bears games, or do you watch other games? Not trying to criticise or whatever, just curious. I'm British, and therefore have no right to know anything about football, and I've heard you talk previously about your inability to get into football (Madden 12 quick look comes to mind), despite a strong family tie to football. Did something miraculous happen to change your opinion on football?

Also, I saw the Bears in London this year against the Bucs. Now have a very deep respect for that defence. Always knew they were good, but seeing them shut down the Bucs for three whole quarters was startling.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Nadafinga

@endaround said:

Now add in the fact the Packers really have little to play for outside of getting last week's lost behind them. But even then Rodgers and the rest of the first string will likely play only a half.

Actually Green Bay hasn't secured homefield advantage yet. If San Fran wins the rest of their games and Green Bay loses their last two, they will split it. So they're definitely not going to sit any players this week.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By white_sox

@endaround said:

Sure we can point to last years drubbing in the NFC title game but that makes for bad video.

It was a seven point game with Jay Cutler on the bench. Hardly a 'drubbing'.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9  Edited By JasonR86

No week is a packers-bears week to me.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By endaround

@Nadafinga: Given the amount of injuries they have on the offensive line and tailback even if the game is close I think Rodgers is out after 3.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Commisar123

I'm a New England fan, but I grew up in Chicago and I still have great fondness for the Bears. So lets go Bears!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.