Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Child of Eden

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Q Entertainment's music shooter for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It features support for the Kinect and Move controllers, and is considered a spiritual successor to the cult classic, Rez.

EGM First Review.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barrock

6.5 Good: Visuals and music. Bad: Neither engaging enough with a controller nor responsive enough with Kinect. The Ugly: Your vocabulary after dying for the umpteenth time.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DharmaBum

If it's anything like Rez then I still plan to get my synesthesia on with a controller. I just wish it was an XBLA or on-demand release instead of a boxed product.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By isomeri

@Lebensbaum: Exactly! I was really surprised to find out that this is actually a boxed product.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By penguindust

I believe it's coming to Playstation and will be Move-enabled; September I think.  It might be more responsive with that system.  We'll see in the Fall.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Lunar_Aura

That seems like a disappointingly low score.

Chylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chylo

For what Child of Eden is, I don't mind the score, but I'm more disappointed in the lack of hype with the multiple looks Jeff, Ryan, and Brad have given the game. Is this the stigma that is Kinect? It doesn't seem like Ubisoft distributed review copies, but we'll see what happens at midnight. I really want to pick it up, and.. love it, Kinect or not.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Nadafinga

Griffin McElroy gave it 5/5, even though it clocks in at only 90 minutes from start to finish.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By umdesch4

Interesting that this came in a green case (instead of a purple one). The front cover has a purple stripe on it that says "Better with Kinect sensor".

Now I just have to wait a few hours until I can get home and finally play this!!!!

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Nadafinga

@umdesch4 said:

Interesting that this came in a green case (instead of a purple one). The front cover has a purple stripe on it that says "Better with Kinect sensor".

Thats because its playable with a regular controller too.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By alternate

I am surprised.  I though most high end publications would overrate it (wow, this feeds my Rex boner and is like art and shit), while low end ones will underrate it (you can't even get headshots!).  I expected the reality to be somewhere in between.  Snooty EGM average scoring it is a bad sign.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.