Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Child's Play

Game » consists of 0 releases.

A downloadable stealth-based game coming from TikGames, based on the classic horror film starring the sadistic doll Chucky.

Hey, What's Up With That Child's Play (aka Chucky) Video Game?

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek
    No Caption Provided

Look, when I promised continued coverage of the just announced Child's Play video game last week, I wasn't kidding. Given how few horror video games exist, your Giant Bomb news editor and horror fanatic is keeping a close eye on this downloadable and how it's shaping up.

TikGames marketing manager Amar Gavhane got back to me--and was a good sport about my story last week. After a quick glance at its recent development history of PC casual games, I wondered if TikGames could pull this off.

Gavhane said the studio would be making some more announcements that should reflect a new "hardcore" path for TikGames in the months ahead, but he wasn't willing to disclose those games yet.

"Though TikGames is small," expanded Gavhane, "we’ve got people who’ve been in the industry for over 20 years. Our people have worked on games like the Call of Duty series, X-Men: Legends, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Kingpin, Soldier of Fortune, SimCity, Bomberman, 50 Cent: Bulletproof, the various Quest series by Sierra, Mortal Kombat, and many, many more."

Fine, but now the Chucky kiddy gloves come off! Is the voice of Chucky, Brad Dourif, involved?

== TEASER ==

"While I’m a big fan of his work, especially when his talents are used well in the horror genre," said Gavhane, "at this point he’s not involved."

It's really hard to imagine anyone but Dourif voicing Chucky, but hey, sometimes change is good.

But what about Child's Play creator Don Mancini? Maybe he helped with the story? Mancini has been kicking around a Child's Play reboot for a while now, but nothing's ever come together.

"This might be the first Chucky project he’s not involved in," he said. "The story was written internally, and anybody familiar with the movie series will see some parallels or crossovers with the overall cinematic story arc."

Neither answer surprises me, but the Child's Play fan inside me is definitely a little bummed out.

TikGames' playable take Child's Play is scheduled for downloadable services later this year.

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By patrickklepek
    No Caption Provided

Look, when I promised continued coverage of the just announced Child's Play video game last week, I wasn't kidding. Given how few horror video games exist, your Giant Bomb news editor and horror fanatic is keeping a close eye on this downloadable and how it's shaping up.

TikGames marketing manager Amar Gavhane got back to me--and was a good sport about my story last week. After a quick glance at its recent development history of PC casual games, I wondered if TikGames could pull this off.

Gavhane said the studio would be making some more announcements that should reflect a new "hardcore" path for TikGames in the months ahead, but he wasn't willing to disclose those games yet.

"Though TikGames is small," expanded Gavhane, "we’ve got people who’ve been in the industry for over 20 years. Our people have worked on games like the Call of Duty series, X-Men: Legends, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Kingpin, Soldier of Fortune, SimCity, Bomberman, 50 Cent: Bulletproof, the various Quest series by Sierra, Mortal Kombat, and many, many more."

Fine, but now the Chucky kiddy gloves come off! Is the voice of Chucky, Brad Dourif, involved?

== TEASER ==

"While I’m a big fan of his work, especially when his talents are used well in the horror genre," said Gavhane, "at this point he’s not involved."

It's really hard to imagine anyone but Dourif voicing Chucky, but hey, sometimes change is good.

But what about Child's Play creator Don Mancini? Maybe he helped with the story? Mancini has been kicking around a Child's Play reboot for a while now, but nothing's ever come together.

"This might be the first Chucky project he’s not involved in," he said. "The story was written internally, and anybody familiar with the movie series will see some parallels or crossovers with the overall cinematic story arc."

Neither answer surprises me, but the Child's Play fan inside me is definitely a little bummed out.

TikGames' playable take Child's Play is scheduled for downloadable services later this year.

Thiemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Thiemen

haha... I guess?

Marlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Marlowe

I do not have much faith in this but I guess it could be surprising.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Nubster

While it is a bit disappointing that neither the creator nor the voice is involved (though unsurprising, like you said), a good horror game could really go well.

If they decide not to take the campy route, that is.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

lol

pkhilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pkhilson

FRIENDS TO THE END!!

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Druminator

I really don't see this being too awesome but ya never know...

Soffish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Soffish

I hate you Klepek! I've had a lifelong fear of chucky so please stop putting him on the front page!

PieGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PieGuy

I'm suprised this game is being made considering the controversy surrounding it, speficially the UK.
    If you don't know just look into Jon Venables. Messed up. Regardless we all know this will be a poor game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Chucky use to be scary until he was killed by a hand gun in Bride of Chucky.  He then became a hero when he killed Redman in Seed of Chucky.   My mind pictures this game as the parts of the second Buffy game where you play as Sid the Dummy mixed with Sneak King.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#11  Edited By EpicSteve

I really want this stuff to trend. The Scream 4 game might not have been a big deal, and even Child's Play doesn't sound too promising. However, my "dream game" is a Friday the 13th or Halloween. Running away from a serial killer, not being them. I can't imagine what the gameplay structure for Child's Play: The Videogame would be. 

comradecrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By comradecrash

I guess I wont be getting my hopes up. :(

ShartCarbuncle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By ShartCarbuncle

I see TikGames, and I think Creat Studios, and I throw up a little in my mouth.

ShartCarbuncle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShartCarbuncle

To clarify, these people and their close associates are a bunch of fucking clowns, and I wouldn't trust them with a Hannah Montana game.

Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mikewrestler5

I kind of expected this. It's a shame that Brad Dourif won't be involved. I'm still pretty excited to see how it turns out, though.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By 234r2we232
    I'd rather see news stories about good/interesting games, please :(
    IceOrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IceOrb
    @tentaclesex: You have my attention. What have they done cause I sure as fuck have never heard of them.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody who thinks this game will be anything other than throwaway rubbish is a fool. A damn fool.
    RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RoyCampbell

HI I'M CHUCKY, WANNA PLAAAAAAAAAYyyyy

BacardiExpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BacardiExpress

They are too cheap to actually pay them to do it and means it is a low budget quick money maker.

ShartCarbuncle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShartCarbuncle
    @IceOrb: Hey, whatup broham.

TikGames is mostly known for web games, like flash shit. They've also published some stuff for consoles, like Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom and Wakeboarding HD. It's all total shovelware.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vorbis

The game can never live up to the movie, but it could still be good, even without Dourif.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By oraknabo

I know his profile went up with LOTR, but Dourif always seemed to me like the kind of guy that was up for just about anything willing to pay him decent money.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MideonNViscera

I'm sure they'll find a guy who can do a Chucky impression. Mark Hamill comes to mind as an easy and obvious choice.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @RoyCampbell said:
    HI I'M CHUCKY, WANNA PLAAAAAAAAAYyyyy
    that fucker really enjoyed some quality play time..
    isawachuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#26  Edited By isawachuck

Woooo!
    Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I remember hating this series as a kid. My older brother was terrified of them, and he tried to make me terrified too. I ended up just disliking them. Though I'm wondering how this game will turn out.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I read this story because of Patrick's love of the source material. 

I really don't care. 

Thanks, though, Patrick.

HawkSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29  Edited By HawkSE

I'm down for this. Great work Patrick!

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RazielCuts

And here's me thinking this was a Penny Arcade Childs Play charity game. Would of been more interested..

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31  Edited By crusader8463
    @EpicSteve said:
    I really want this stuff to trend. The Scream 4 game might not have been a big deal, and even Child's Play doesn't sound too promising. However, my "dream game" is a Friday the 13th or Halloween. Running away from a serial killer, not being them. I can't imagine what the gameplay structure for Child's Play: The Videogame would be. 
    A series of cooking mama style mini games, but instead of cutting carrots or chunks of meat it's people.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Chucky sans Brad Dourif? Eff that ess. Dourif's from my neck of the woods. Gotta stick by your own, so fuck this game.

IceOrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By IceOrb
    @tentaclesex: Nothing much brostradamus. Just haven't been getting my daily dose of tentaclesex on live or on SA. :P

Great... So basically this is another tale of a totally incompetent developer working with an IP that they don't fully understand. Looking forward to the amazing Wakeboarding Majong Childs Play crossover game that they'll release. (Actually.... no no no that'd be bad.)
    Quantical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Quantical

So I can't stab anyone in the face yet? Damn.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By damodar

Y/N on Dourif; Klepek is asking the questions I want answered. 

I hope the coverage continues, although I can't imagine how a Child's Play game might work.

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ninjalegend

Horror movie games usually turn out as bad or worse than regular movie games (except The Thing). I mean, they could not make a good alien game! The game almost writes and programs itself. And that is actually a good horror movie. Running from a doll with a knife? Does not sound horrifying or the least bit compelling to me. Friday the 13th, Dracula, Nightmare on elm street are all serious horror movies I would like to see made but would fear how they turned out. I think if you want to go for the more tongue in cheek horror movie, American Werewolf in London could be brilliant, and a whole lot more fun than chasing people around as a doll with a knife.

Noct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By Noct
    @EpicSteve said:

Yeah, there was already a Friday the 13th game (on NES) it's one of the few I held onto for posterity. It wasn't great, and was maddenlingly frusterating.

@ninjalegend said:

Horror movie games usually turn out as bad or worse than regular movie games (except The Thing). I mean, they could not make a good alien game! The game almost writes and programs itself. And that is actually a good horror movie. Running from a doll with a knife? Does not sound horrifying or the least bit compelling to me. Friday the 13th, Dracula, Nightmare on elm street are all serious horror movies I would like to see made but would fear how they turned out. I think if you want to go for the more tongue in cheek horror movie, American Werewolf in London could be brilliant, and a whole lot more fun than chasing people around as a doll with a knife.

Welp, again, most of those have already been done ages ago (during thier primes really). There was a Nightmare on Elm St. NES game that was actually pretty cool to me (at the time), but I'm not sure how it would hold up now. As I mentioned above, there was F13th on NEs, and there have been dozens of Dracula games over the years on consoles and PCs.  

There was alo a Texas Chainsaw MAssacre game on Atari 2600 actually, heh, if you want to count that as  a game.
    Danda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Danda

Hey, thanks for letting us know that this game will be so cheap (in a bad way) that they can't even afford a TV actor. Scratch that, that they can't even bother to contact a TV actor or the character creator because they don't care if it doesn't feel like Child's Play fiction as long as the game carries that title. Thanks but no thanks. 

It's probably better this way. Remember those old Evil Dead games? They had Bruce Campbell and they still sucked hard.

Ronald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Ronald

I'm guessing no Mancini or Dourif means there is no way they are getting Jennifer Tilly or Billy Boyd in the game. Talk about wasted potential for the game, not being able to have a family of killer dolls on the loose for co-op play.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Roger778

If Brad Dourif's not coming back as Chucky, then I'm not getting it.  Brad's a scary but talented actor.  HE IS CHUCKY!
    Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Phr4nk0

I think the pertinent question is whether or not an unlockable Bushwick Bill character model is included. I'll buy 3 copies if they make it happen, Chuckwhick ftw! 
    dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42  Edited By dichemstys

Most anticipated game this year. Just to see what the fuck it is.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By RichardLOlson

Curious as to how this game will turn out.  And the term "hardcore gamer", tells me they might toss out other horror games of the same caliber kinda worries me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.