charity you say?

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14562 posts) -

I'm waiting for my wallet to grow $5.

#3 Posted by rentfn (1283 posts) -

Chime in for Charity!!!!!

#4 Posted by Creamypies (4088 posts) -

I really dig the music in this.

#5 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

Any chance this could come to PSN? I want it!

#6 Posted by Cazamalos (983 posts) -

great music

#7 Posted by Trilogy (2681 posts) -

I suppose I'll CHIME IN and write a comment.

Sorry.

#8 Posted by DukesT3 (1940 posts) -

Looks cool. 

#9 Posted by Meltac (2005 posts) -

I bought it, and it's actually pretty addicting.

#10 Posted by Zerstoren (33 posts) -

seems worth while for the cost and It's always nice to help out charity.

#11 Posted by TheKing (844 posts) -

Bought it! Thanks for the heads up.

#12 Edited by momentarylogic (416 posts) -

This was my most anticipated game of 2010, i am not kidding. Speaking of which, I am dearly hoping that they add 4 tracks each time for 400 as an expansion (and perhaps a new game mode).  

FYI - I would have paid more.
#13 Posted by piderman (204 posts) -

Looking cool! Sounding too :)

#14 Posted by Robitt (351 posts) -

Great initiative!

#15 Posted by Kraznor (1588 posts) -

Sold. I don't want to be jerk, and I don't want to pay $15 for Lumines so this should fit the bill.

#16 Posted by AllanIceman (1323 posts) -

That looks cool

#17 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

looks like a real must buy for $5...

#18 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -

I wish I could get this game, but I don't have an Xbox 360...

#19 Posted by wfolse1 (456 posts) -

man, this is awesome.  I'll be picking this up.

#20 Posted by NukeSpoon (530 posts) -

Needs to come out on Steam.

#21 Posted by GamerCat (47 posts) -

Looks like a really nice game. I think I'll pick this up and then get madly addicted to it, which I can see myself doing...

#22 Posted by Trace (3576 posts) -

This reminds me a bit of the carpentry puzzles in Puzzle Pirates, except a fair bit more entertaining. For $5, and a good portion going to charity, I purchased this without hesitation.

#23 Posted by Hitman101 (81 posts) -

I want this on my iphone!!

#24 Edited by ahoodedfigure (4240 posts) -

It's always important to know which charities.  Always.  Not just for personal beliefs, but causes every sane person would be behind have thieves pop up around them.  "For charity" by itself is always a manipulative phrase unless it's immediately backed by WHICH charities.

So, from the game's website:

All Zoë Mode’s services are provided at no cost to OneBigGame, and all Zoë Modes royalties (a minimum of 60 percent of the purchase price) are donated to the OneBigGame charity initiative. OneBigGame always aims to donate a minimum of 80% of all donations to its charity partners Save the Children and Starlight Children’s foundation.

OneBigGame gives to:

Starlight Children's Foundation
, which gives 82% (decent) to programs to help kids with various debilitating illnesses in the U.S., giving them activities and information.  Reminds me a bit of Child's Play in some ways.

and

Save the Children, which gives a wonderful 91% to programs which focus on child development and helping disadvantaged children in the U.K.

So, seems decent enough as far as I could tell.  Always good to research ahead of time, even though that means a bit more work for you.  Personally I think this is a great model, both for helping people and selling games, although it does mean creators have to donate their time to do it, as it stands.
#25 Posted by Kazona (3090 posts) -

I don't know why everyone is so excited for this game. It looks incredibly boring to me.

#26 Posted by MikkaQ (10326 posts) -

Awww DO want.  

I think the "hey it's for charity" angle will work when I steal a credit card to buy this. 

#27 Posted by Winternet (8034 posts) -
@NukeSpoon said:
" Needs to come out on Steam. "
This.
#28 Posted by Meltbrain (2975 posts) -

It does look kinda neat, even if I still hate the ridiculous pretentiousness of the name "Zoe Mode"

#29 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Seems interesting

#30 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1876 posts) -

nice all round, plus its for charity. if I could get it, id get it.

#31 Posted by Lazy0718 (53 posts) -

It was a little hard for me to figure out what exactly was going on in the video, but once I downloaded the game and tried it, it was pretty simple and fun.  It has the easiest achievement I've ever received, but considering the reason, I'm okay with it.

#32 Posted by masternater27 (918 posts) -

Not having Chime by Orbital was a missed opportunity imo.

#33 Posted by HatKing (6054 posts) -

The first conversation is hilarious... like something my friends would totally have.
#34 Posted by babz (309 posts) -

Its for charity, who can say no to that!

#35 Edited by Milkman (17168 posts) -

It's hard to knock a game for charity. This looks neat.

#36 Posted by Tordah (2484 posts) -

This looks pretty fun, I think I'll pick it up since I have 600 unused points on my account from before.

#37 Posted by HatKing (6054 posts) -

Yeah I might buy this.... looks interesting and I sorta want another puzzle game to kill time with.  At this point the charity thing is coming off like a gimmick and I hope that really isn't the case. 

Also any Quick Look with Boogie Nights references is just fine with me. :)
#38 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

Ooh Ya, i might get this for the charity, and it looks good.

#39 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

I just bought splosion man for 5 bucks and have 400 points left over, so im definietly picking this up, it looks pretty interesting.

#40 Posted by Jensonb (1763 posts) -

I'm waiting for a refund on a T-Shirt.

#41 Edited by Alphonzo (756 posts) -

I feel like a better way to gather charity money would be to put out games with more mainstream appeal, not something quite so nichey.   
In no way am I knockin Chime.  It looks pretty cool.  

#42 Posted by EvilDingo (589 posts) -

I just saw this, downloaded the trial and played it. 
...and It's differently not stress-relieving!!! 
I just played the content in the trial twice, and I feel like my heart is about to explode :-) 

I was really expecting a laid back mellow game experience. 
Suppose I'll turn on Fallout 3 again for some REAL stress relief.

#43 Posted by Jerusahat (139 posts) -
@ahoodedfigure said:
"Save the Children, which gives a wonderful 91% to programs which focus on child development and helping disadvantaged children in the U.S."
Slight correction: according to their site (and in-game legal) it's the UK arm of the charity, not the US one.
#44 Posted by ahoodedfigure (4240 posts) -
@Jerusahat: Oh, thanks for that!
#45 Posted by Zabant (1254 posts) -

First song is super ghost in the shell lady.

#46 Posted by clientkiller (69 posts) -

I wanna see a video of someone using some rain man level of skill playing this game :D

#47 Posted by XXL_Bomb (89 posts) -
@Kraznor: It didn't on Xbox Live? Weird, the PSN version dropped to 8 a couple of months back and as I recall the XBL version was out way before the PSN version.
#48 Posted by Ballskin (34 posts) -

No Philip Glass love :(

#49 Posted by august (3861 posts) -

I simply can't accept charity sitting down.

#50 Posted by beetrootjam (6 posts) -

I have no idea how they're playing this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.