Chivalry on Steam Free Weekend This Week!

#1 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

I've been wanting to try the game out for a while now, but every time I think I'll have the money, something comes up and screws it all over. However, I will finally have money AND the opportunity to decide whether to dump money out for Chivalry. It's on Free Weekend through Steam, as well as on sale for $12.49 ($37.49 for a 4-pack).

#2 Posted by Snail (8579 posts) -

I might finally give this game a shot. I hope I can convince some friends to try it out too.

#3 Posted by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

Out of curiosity is it similar to mount and blade except with the emphasis on sword combat? I have looked into it but I am still not sure entirely what the game is all about.

#4 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I'm in the exact same position as you; can't wait to try it out with some friends. Loved Mount and Blade, so I'm pretty sure I'll have fun with this.

#5 Posted by konig_kei (596 posts) -

Mount and blade is a bad comparison in my opinion. Chivalry is a multiplayer focused melée combat. Instead of just clickity,clickity,click gameplay it's about timing, position and spamming the battlecry button. If call of duty required some skill I would compare it to call of duty.

#6 Edited by AssInAss (2542 posts) -

They're adding a Duel Mode? Game Grumps tried the one map with hilarious results.

And there's going to be a duel tournament with TotalBiscuit, Criken, and others.

Everyone should play this game.

#7 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

I got murdered! Then I chopped someone's arm off! Then I caught fire! Then I kicked someone off a ledge! Then I impaled a guy with a spear before getting shot in the face by an archer! Fun was had by all.

#8 Edited by Capum15 (4810 posts) -

This game is worth it just to sprint and repeatedly mash C.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHH!

You can usually get your entire team to do it on first spawn.

Edit:   

#9 Posted by HolyHackZack (105 posts) -

Game is amazing. Was falling asleep last night and thought 'Hey that looks neat...'. Several hours with no sleep later and I was late for work.

#10 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Welp, that was pretty awesome. I'm not sure if I'll buy it right now, though, as I have like 9 other games I need to play right now. I will definitely pick it up some time, though.

#11 Edited by Carlos1408 (1490 posts) -

When games like this come out, it makes me wish I had a gaming PC. I, however, have a macbook. Maybe if it gets popular enough and there's a demand it'll come out for a console or other operating systems. It looks like such a fun game!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.