I think we need to revisit Chivalry for TNT

#1 Posted by mrfluke (5130 posts) -
#2 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

That is wonderful.

#3 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1430 posts) -

I'm sure it's just admin fucking around with gravity ratios.

#4 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

That game does seem mighty rad.

#5 Posted by mrfluke (5130 posts) -

@ghost_cat said:

if its just the admin of a server then id imagine its not too difficult to pull off then?

#6 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Or a historically accurate server.

#7 Posted by Lanceuppercut (129 posts) -

Amazing!

#8 Edited by face15 (1291 posts) -

Awesome.

That game seems stupid and insane and fun but it's not really something I'd play myself. Would love to see a second TNT on it.

#9 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Holy shit, yes.

#10 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Yes

#11 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1430 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

@ghost_cat said:

if its just the admin of a server then id imagine its not too difficult to pull off then?

Right, you would just bring up the console and type in the command to adjust the gravity variable to a desired ratio, so long as you are the server's admin with full privileges. Like the old days of CS when admins went nuts on private servers.

#12 Posted by Bollard (5432 posts) -

Hell yeah we do.

#13 Posted by mrcraggle (1903 posts) -

So much screaming

#14 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4601 posts) -

Fucking brilliant. Although it doesn't top the best Chivalry vid.

#15 Posted by mrfluke (5130 posts) -

Fucking brilliant. Although it doesn't top the best Chivalry vid.

this game is great

#16 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Gravity modifying servers are fun as hell, feels like a kung fu movie with massive jumps

#17 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2685 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

@ghost_cat said:

Right, you would just bring up the console and type in the command to adjust the gravity variable to a desired ratio, so long as you are the server's admin with full privileges. Like the old days of CS when admins went nuts on private servers.

Giant Bomb server admin here.

It's not actually a variable you can change on the fly, but it's stored in the config to be executed at server launch. I wouldn't mind setting it to low grav once in a while. The server is pretty active so we'd have to let people know.

Default gravity in Unreal is 520 (GldSrc and Source are 800). I'd imagine 100 or 200 are low enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.