What class are you rockin'?

Posted by Sweep (8830 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: What class are you rockin'? (40 votes)

Archer 5%
Man-At-Arms 15%
Vanguard 40%
Knight 38%

I tend to pick Vanguard with spears. I like the survivability of the Knight but I get too impatient having to plod about everywhere. The spear has a quick wind-up time and long range, which means you can usually interrupt an enemy attack before they get too close. Swinging is pretty useless too, you gotta thrust every time for the big damage.

Also: Booo, archers!

#1 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2414 posts) -

I use Man-At-Arms 90% of the time, great balance between power and speed.

#2 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Vanguard + Spear.

There is no other class in that game, I'm pretty sure.

I know that I see some vanguards that can throw spears at me, but i'm pretty sure they're vanguards with spears.

#3 Posted by Mageknight (120 posts) -

Vanguard all day every day. I use the bardiche nowadays but I think I switch to spear or brandistock depending on my mood. After using the polearms I just can't go to any other weapon - reach is such an incredibly powerful tool, and poking people is fun.

#4 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

I usually play as a Knight, but Archer is a close second.

Eff you, Vanguards!

#5 Posted by Musou (380 posts) -

Vanguard with Claymore or another two-handed sword most of the time.

#6 Posted by Beaker (94 posts) -

I'm new to the game and I've been trying both Vanguard and Man-at-arms. I do like the Vanguard though because of the distance you can get with the spear.

#7 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

I use a hammer. So either the knight or the man at arms has one now I think. It's really satisfying when you hits someone and the head explodes.

#8 Posted by Sweep (8830 posts) -

@bigboss1911:I tried man-at-arms but couldn't find a comfortable way to incorporatehis dodge into my attacks. The V key is default, I swapped it to space(Nobody is ever jumping in that game anyway) but still found the classin general to be too fragile.

@skytylz said:

It's really satisfying when you hits someone and the head explodes.

We're still talking about the game... right?

#9 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

@sweep: Yeah, I just reread my post and it didn't really make sense.

Here's video evidence you can make someone's head explode.

#10 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1803 posts) -

Vanguard's reach is pretty boss.

#11 Posted by Huey2k2 (486 posts) -

Why do so many people hate archers? :(

#12 Posted by Sweep (8830 posts) -

@huey2k2: The same reason everyone hates snipers in FPS games - they sit away from the frontline, don't help capture objectives, rarely get a score high enough to actually make a meaningful difference to the team, and are completely useless when everyone else is dead and they just run around like headless chickens.

The only thing archers are good for is killing other archers.

#13 Posted by BamSaidTheLady (89 posts) -

Yep Vanguards are the shit. I like the reach on the weapons but I think my favorite to use is the Claymore. Ever since they let you bind an alternative horizontal swing I have been tearing shit up.

#14 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

Man at arms, because it's extremely easy to decimate an entire team's worth of knights and vanguards.

Also, several of you in this thread need to play on the Giant Bomb server.

#15 Posted by Sweep (8830 posts) -

@rolyatkcinmai: Yeah I keep meaning to check that out but I have too much fun on the 40+ Free-For-All servers :D

#16 Edited by MikkaQ (10270 posts) -

I like being a hulking death machine, so knight for me.

#17 Edited by MikkaQ (10270 posts) -

I like being a hulking death machine, so knight for me.

#18 Posted by captain_max707 (480 posts) -

Anything that gets me a sword in one hand and a shield in the other.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.