Cho'Gath is an abomination from the Void. Or was it the Outside? Some call it the Unknown. Although the name of the region Cho'Gath comes from is uncertain, his strength is absolutely undeniable. Cho'Gath rips through his enemies with his massive claws, ruptures the ground with spikes, and can consume his opponents. His hunger is insatiable and Cho'Gath grows in size with every opponent he eats. He is truly a terror on the battlefield.
Cho'Gath and his kind have been trying to find a way to break into the world to cause destruction and bring about an existence of fear. An opportune moment came about in the land of Icathia. Cho'gath was summoned through the Void and was bound to the League of Legends. He sits as a trump card that is to be used to decide the fate of the world. If the choice were up to him, it would be destruction.
|Stat||Base Value||Growth Per Level|
(Innate): Whenever Cho'Gath kills a unit, he recovers 40 - 82 health ( 2.5 each level) and 8 - 16.5 mana ( 0.5 each level).
(Active, [Q]): Ruptures the ground at target location. After a short delay, enemies are launched into the air for 1 second, dealing magic damage and slowing them by 60% for 4 seconds.
(Active, [W]): Cho'Gath screams in a cone in front of him, silencing enemies for a short period and dealing magic damage to them.
(Passive, [E]): Cho'gath's physical attacks launch spines which deal magic damage to a line in front of him.
(Active, [R]): Cho'gath's ultimate devours an enemy unit, killing champions at low health and most minions instantly. Every successful Feast increases Cho'Gath's health and size. The health bonuses stop after 6 growths, but visually Cho'gath keeps getting bigger. It is unknown how big he can become ...
Cho'Gath can be played two ways. He can be a durable tank or a solid dps. Cho'Gath has a massive health pool, after maxed consumption he can have around 4400 health. He has a very good combo with Rupture, Feral Scream, then Feast. This combo does an incredible amount of damage and is very disruptive in team games. Although Cho'Gath has a large health bar he lacks any kind of magic and physical resist abilities making him less durable than other tank classes.
- If you're having difficultly feasting upon champions, try eating minions until you're larger.
- Using Rupture on creeps in combination with Carnivore is a good way to gain health and mana.
- If your team has a tank already, one can switch to an ability power build in order to do more damage. Since feast already increases Cho'gath's maximum hp, he will still be difficult to take down
- Feast deals 1000 damage to minions regardless of AP or level.
- Use of Rupture and Feral Scream can lead to mana starvation, but if partnered with a champion such as Soraka
or one with a Mana Manipulator, using both skills early can yield positive results.
Upon Champion Selection
- "You'd wish the world you know to end... yes!"
- "The daylight! It Burns!"
- "No! I don't live under a bed.... Fool!
- "Afraid of the dark...? Wise!"
- "Summoner, your darkness... beckons."
- "There are stains upon your soul... Perfect."
- "Who will get eaten first?"
- "Your souls will feed the void!"
- "You shall not escape!"
- "Your races are a scourge upon the world"
- "You are such.....hideous creatures!
- "Oh bother!" (Gentleman Skin)
- "Pip-pip! Cheerio!" (Gentleman Skin)
- "Anyone for a spot of tea?" (Gentleman Skin)
- "Let us fight like gentlemen!" (Gentleman Skin)
- *Clears throat* "Yes, good sir?" (Gentleman Skin)
- "What what....what?!" (Gentleman Skin)
- "Anything less would be uncivilized" (Gentleman Skin)
- "I challenge you to a duel!" (Gentleman Skin)
- "I like a man who grins when he fights!" (Gentleman Skin)
- "You sir, are a coward and a ruffian!" (Gentleman Skin)
- "One can survive everything nowadays, except death!" (Gentleman Skin)
- "I'll bite your legs off!" (Gentleman Skin)
- "You cheeky little fellow!" (Gentleman Skin)
- Would you like some cheese with that wine? (as Gentleman Cho'Gath)
- Death is not the end for you, I've seen too much for eternity, you are mine!
- "Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom!"
- "Ah, the tangled webs we weave..."
- "Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom!" (spoken faster than the first)
- "It's funny isn't it? How your best friend can just blow up like that. ( As Gentleman Cho'Gath)
- Cho'Gath is the only champion to have three /joke clips.
- "Ah, the Tangle Webs we Weave" is a reference to a poem written by Sir Walter Scott called Marmion, and possibly one of the sayings used by crypt fiends from Warcraft III.
- Cho'gath, with consistent use of Feast, is the largest character in League of legends.
- Cho'gath's Gentleman Skin is the first Champion Skin ever to feature a voiceover change.
- Cho'Gath, and the other Void-themed champions, appear to be inspired by the Cthulhu Mythos of H. P. Lovecraft.
- The line "I'll bite your legs off!" is a direct reference to British comedy group Monty Python's movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" where the Black Knight yells the exact same line after being defeated and dismembered by King Arthur.
- When using Cho'gath's Gentleman Skin, the line "Let us fight like gentlemen!" is a line from Dudley from Street Fighter III Strike/Super Street Fighter 4.