The Chris Baker wiki last edited by cbake76 on 09/02/14 10:25AM
View full history
Chris, who spent much of his youth growing up in Houston, Texas, graduated from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville with a degree in Communications. Before graduation, he began working as a freelance writer (and eventual offsite editor) for the All Game Guide
, writing reviews for games published as early as Intellivision up until the Sony PlayStation, mostly focused on NES and 16-bit titles. Later he expanded into writing and editing character profiles for video game characters.
In Early 2000, Chris left the All Game Guide to join Ziff Davis's Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine, where he acted as editor from January 2000 through August 2004. After freelancing for a few months after leaving the magazine, Chris accepted a position as a publicist with LucasArts. At LucasArts, Chris focused on interacting with the enthusiast press, representing himself as the PR voice of the company for press events and fan gatherings such as E3, Star Wars Celebration and San Diego Comic-Con. He also contributed to titles in development, utilizing his vast writing experience and knowledge of the Star Wars universe.
In late 2007, Chris left LucasArts and joined Marvel's games department. Currently Manager of Licensed Games, Chris' core job function is to approve IP use and contribute to console projects featuring Marvel characters.
Points of interest
- Has worn "the jacket" from the Iron Man 2 movie.
- Has a website dedicated to old game reviews in Haiku form.
- Was Peter Porker (the Spectacular Spider-Ham) for Halloween 2010.
- Has Thor, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America, Hulk and Iron Man on his business card.
- Has an unhealthy love for restaurant chains Chick-fil-A, Schlotzsky's and In-N-Out.
- His favorite football team was the Houston Oilers, but despite attending school in Tennessee, has little affinity for their new designation, the Tennessee Titans.