Christina Norman has left Bioware

• 54 results
#1 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -
#2 Posted by EuanDewar (4893 posts) -

I believe she has an account on this site as-well. Good luck Christina Norman, you did great work on ME2. 

#3 Posted by RTSlord (1200 posts) -

best of luck to you Christina Norman, you did a ton of fantastic work on ME2 and i know that you'll continue doing it on LOL. 

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Not sure who she is, but OK.

#5 Posted by DeeGee (2121 posts) -

Who?

#6 Posted by Jimbo (9800 posts) -

Good luck, Christina.

#7 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

She didn't like where Mass Effect was going as a franchise, obviously. 

@EuanDewar said: 
I believe she has an account on this site as-well. Good luck Christina Norman, you did great work on ME2. 
Yeah, she's made several blog posts.
#8 Posted by Jimbo (9800 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: @DeeGee: She did one of the Top 10 lists last year, and has posted here in the past iirc.

#9 Edited by Chris2KLee (2334 posts) -

Wow, that is big news. I wish her luck, but now I'm worried who's gonna take her place at Bioware. Wonder if she'll work on League of Legends, or maybe a new project. Either way, again, I wish her luck!

#10 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Not sure who she is, but OK.

A King should know his subjects better. Time for you to leave the moon and visit little old earth more often.

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ

She has an account here? *clicks that link, looks at profile* I think she has a crush on Brad.
#12 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

@Chris2KLee said:

Wow, that is big news. I wish her luck, but now I'm worried who's gonna take her place at Bioware. Wonder if she'll work on League of Legends, or maybe a new project. Either way, again, I wish her luck!

Well League of Legends is the only thing Riot Games has developed so I'd assume she's working on that game unless Riot is working on something new.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow

I'd try out some PAX stuff, but Kingly works keep me busy. Besides, as you should know, I'm not too fond of humanity..
#14 Posted by mnzy (2914 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
I heard John Romero replaces her.
#15 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

Wow, that was kind of an unexpected move. I hope she has the best of luck at Riot, he did some excellent things at Bioware.

#16 Posted by jaymorgoth (242 posts) -

Alright Patrick, go get us the scoop on this development!

#17 Posted by papercut (3474 posts) -

Good luck to her. I always liked the character class video's she made for ME2.

So ME3 is doomed obviously.

#18 Posted by PenguinDust (12493 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

@EuanDewar said: 
Yeah, she's made  several blog posts.
According to the Bioware forums she recently got married and her and her husband moved out of Alberta.  

And for those still wondering, she was Lead Gameplay Designer at Bioware according to this bio.
#19 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

@mnzy said:

@FluxWaveZ said:
I heard John Romero replaces her.

That's what Mass Effect always needed: more hell and ponytails. So we can obviously confirm that Commander Shepard will have a ponytail option and an exclusive interrupt where Shepard says he's about to make you his bitch.

#20 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -
@RTSlord said:
best of luck to you Christina Norman, you did a ton of fantastic work on ME2 and i know that you'll continue doing it on LOL. 
Funny enough, the first time reading this I thought you cut the sentence short just to laugh.  I know the game though but still, hilarious.
#21 Posted by believer258 (11802 posts) -

Er... OK? 

Was she some sort of Bioware big-wig or something?

#22 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

lol that's quite a demotion...

#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -
@believer258 said:
Er... OK?  Was she some sort of Bioware big-wig or something?
I believe that's been answered several times in this thread.
#24 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

@phrosnite said:

I wouldn't say so. League of Legends has a pretty large following, from what I understand.

#25 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -
@benjaebe said:

@phrosnite said:

I wouldn't say so. League of Legends has a pretty large following, from what I understand.

Free DotA clone for noobs. Of course it has a large following but this is still a demotion imo. Anyways... I wish her luck in whatever she does...
#26 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Maybe now we can finally get some new maps in that goddamn game. Or something at least! ANYTHING.

#27 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I can't seem to change the headline on her wiki page. Someone else do it, or tell me why the damn wiki submission things tells me I need the description field when I have already filled it.

#28 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -
@Kyreo said:

I can't seem to change the headline on her wiki page. Someone else do it, or tell me why the damn wiki submission things tells me I need the description field when I have already filled it.

Same thing happens on my side. Must be a bug.
#29 Posted by believer258 (11802 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
@believer258 said:
Er... OK?  Was she some sort of Bioware big-wig or something?
I believe that's been answered several times in this thread.
Not really, just bits and pieces of info about her. What was her job? What did she do? Did she program? Draw? Write? Market? Direct? Stand there and look pretty? Make coffee? 

In short, what made her so special and newsworthy? I'd like to know.
#30 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -
@believer258 said: 
Not really, just bits and pieces of info about her. What was her job? What did she do? Did she program? Draw? Write? Market? Direct? Stand there and look pretty? Make coffee?  In short, what made her so special and newsworthy? I'd like to know.
Again, that's already been answered in this thread. And if you didn't know before, Giant Bomb's a database for video game related items. Type "Christina Norman" in the search field and you'll know all (you need to know) about her.
#31 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Good for her.

#32 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

But... but... I don't play League of Legends, and the gameplay was what improved in ME2. 
I hope whoever takes over gameplay in ME3 payed bloody close attention. 

Well, congrats to Christina and Riot Games. Make sure to let dudes kick lots of other dudes through windows in LOL! I'm a spectre... and that shit's fun.

#33 Posted by iShayman (91 posts) -

Good luck Christina!

#34 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
@benjaebe said:

@phrosnite said:

Free DotA clone for noobs. Of course it has a large following but this is still a demotion imo. Anyways... I wish her luck in whatever she does...
It's not a demotion if it's her choice. I think the word you're looking for is downgrade.

League of Legends is pretty big and making a lot of strides in esports.
#35 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

@believer258: She's a friend of the site. She narrated all the ME2 gameplay videos and she provided a top 10 list for Giant Bomb's 2010 Game of the Year awards.

#36 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

So the Lead Gameplay Designer for ME2 left Bioware?

My initial reaction was 'uh oh' but I'm sure ME3 will just iterate on the foundation laid in ME2 and reports so far say ME3 feels good so I guess we shouldn't be too worried.

#37 Posted by Doctorchimp (4074 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
@benjaebe said:

@phrosnite said:

Clearly if someone knows anything about the industry....it's you....dude with mass effect avatar....
#38 Posted by LiquidPrince (15912 posts) -

I never understand why people leave these awesome companies to go to less awesome companies ala Patrice Desilet and now Christina. I mean I UNDERSTAND, they probably get higher pay, but you know...

#39 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -
@LiquidPrince: Better working conditions, perhaps.
#40 Posted by Egg0 (169 posts) -
#41 Edited by MEATBALL (3194 posts) -

Project Wombat is code for a Volus party member, right? RIGHT!?

#42 Posted by LiquidPrince (15912 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@LiquidPrince: Better working conditions, perhaps.

I can't imagine that Bioware and Ubisoft are bad like you know Team Bondi, at least from the sounds of it.

#43 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said: 

I can't imagine that Bioware and Ubisoft are bad like you know Team Bondi, at least from the sounds of it.

That's irrelevant. Small studios are more likely to have better working conditions than big studios, especially when you're working on important titles such as ME3.
#44 Posted by LiquidPrince (15912 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@LiquidPrince said:

That's irrelevant. Small studios are more likely to have better working conditions than big studios, especially when you're working on important titles such as ME3.

And you know this from personal experience? It doesn't have to do with the size of the team, as long as the people are respectable, but has to do with the stress if working on a big game.

#45 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

If Casey Hudson left that would be news ala Patrice Desilet... Don't make this bigger than it is, people.

#46 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said: 

And you know this from personal experience? It doesn't have to do with the size of the team, as long as the people are respectable, but has to do with the stress if working on a big game.

No, I know this from developers' statements such as the recent Irrational Behavior Podcast interview with Bryan Reynolds. It doesn't take a genius to know that you'd have to work way harder and spend much more time, having more crunch time, working on big games like Mass Effect 3, that are expected to sell extremely well and be contenders for GotY, compared to working on games such as League of Legends.
#47 Posted by Catarrhal (826 posts) -

@MEATBALL said:

Project Wombat is code for a Volus party member, right?

Mass Effect brought us the space monkey. Its sequel brought us the space hamster. Now, let us welcome the space wombat. Marsupials hold the key to withstanding the Reapers' invasion.

#48 Posted by xyzygy (9949 posts) -

If what someone said about how she didn't like where the ME franchise was going is true, mad respect to her. I feel the same way.

#49 Posted by LinkinMedo (56 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
If what someone said about how she didn't like where the ME franchise was going is true, mad respect to her. I feel the same way.
me too .
#50 Posted by Chris2KLee (2334 posts) -

@RockinKemosabe said:

@Chris2KLee said:

Well League of Legends is the only thing Riot Games has developed so I'd assume she's working on that game unless Riot is working on something new.

If they did have something new planned, hiring the lead designer of one of the best games of 2010 seems like a good start.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.