The Christmas Thread - 2011

#1 Posted by Sweep (8984 posts) -

WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS, GIANT BOMB?!?

#2 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3489 posts) -

World peace.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (12440 posts) -

For you to be inside me...

#4 Posted by chocomuffling (31 posts) -

Happiness

#5 Posted by Winternet (8059 posts) -

A future.

#6 Posted by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

CHRISTMAS IS BALLER YO

i just want it to snow!

#7 Posted by eagle6002 (47 posts) -

I would like SOPA and PIPA to go away

#8 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:

He's already inside all of us... 

I want a First in my exams.
#9 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1270 posts) -

Day off from work.

#10 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

All I want for Christmas is Sweep to moderate my life.

#11 Posted by matti00 (675 posts) -

I want to get over my concussion in time for the big day, and I want a washing machine and a fridge freezer for my new house. Nothing major, ya know?

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Some games. Maybe YOU could help me accomplish this goal. Yes, you.

#13 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

I'd like for everyone to forget the work night out happened (and to give the majority of people their dues, they have), and to somehow have scraped a pass in the first 3 of my professional exams.

Granted, I won't find out if I've passed 'til mid-February, but it would be a nice present nonetheless.

Besides that, just to have a lovely Christmas (and hopefully have plenty of money to ride out January in relative comfort).

#14 Edited by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

For a clean slate of Karma. 
I'm so deep in the naughty side right now, I'm starting to fear retribution.

#15 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

#16 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

A beer.

#17 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I already know most of what I'm getting, because my mom ordered everything while overseas and I had to pick it up from the post office.

I can confirm that I'm getting a laptop, a copy of Skyward Sword and a Magnavox Odyssey 2. Probably more than I deserve.

#18 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

Nothing.

#19 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

A gift card to Target, since I'm moving out in the next few months and I want to buy some more basic stuff before I move.

#20 Posted by laserbolts (5370 posts) -
@The_Hiro_Abides

Day off from work.

#21 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@eagle6002 said:

I would like SOPA and PIPA to go away

Seconded.

#22 Posted by dankempster (2262 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that I'm only getting one big present from my parents this year - specifically, a copy of the Super Deluxe Edition of Quadrophenia. I absolutely love that album, it turned my life around five years ago, so to get a 'complete' copy of it will be incredible.

I've received some little things from friends, mostly CDs and DVDs, and I know my sister has got be a copy of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, but other than that, anything else I get will be a surprise. I'm mainly hoping for a bit of cash to put towards an HDTV, so I can finally start playing Skyrim. To be completely honest though, Christmas this year has been much more about giving than receiving for me, and I'm glad I've been able to give so much to my friends and family in spite of my current financial situation.

#23 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
I want a PSP 3000, but i will buy one. Also, i want The Binding Of Isaac, but strangely enough, i can't buy that right now.  BUT IF SOMEONE WANT TO GIVE ME THAT AS A GIFT, YOU KNOW... 

@EpicSteve said:

A beer.

I thought you said " A bear".
#24 Posted by Jimbo (10007 posts) -

How long have you got?

#25 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

LEGOs, like every year!

#26 Posted by Ramone (2976 posts) -

Some sick rollerblades

#27 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

To pass the one fucking exam that's been delaying my fucking life for two fucking years

#28 Posted by Th3_James (2579 posts) -

Socks.

Anything that I want is out of the realm of a Christmas gift, and everything else I just buy for myself.

A 2560x1600 monitor and a 7970 will be my gift to myself sometime between January and March.

#29 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

My mom got me a pair of bose headphones, but i bought her a pretty nice bread-maker, so it's not like I came out on top...

#30 Posted by ZombiePie (5759 posts) -

I don't "Do" Christmas.

#31 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

I know I'm getting a pretty sweet looking coat. Other than that, a day off to relax will be just fine for me.

#32 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I didn't ask for anything this year. My mom ends up spoiling me pretty bad every Christmas though, it's pretty neat.

#33 Posted by Patman99 (1620 posts) -

I want my Jewish friends to celebrate Christmas correctly. They never put up a tree, or sing carols. All they do is light some candles every day for about a week and they even dont always do that on Christmas. Last time I checked, Christmas was about the birth of Santa Claus, not some crappy candles. I've tried to tell them that they are celebrating the holiday wrong but all they do is laugh at me.

@PeasantAbuse said:

I didn't ask for anything this year. My mom ends up spoiling me pretty bad every Christmas though, it's pretty neat.

This also occurs to me. I ask for like one video game and I get a box full of awesome shit. It appears that she likes me a lot or something....

#34 Posted by TearsInRain (269 posts) -

To find a job!!! ... PLEASE?!

#35 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11415 posts) -

I'm hoping this is the first Christmas where I literally get nothing.

#36 Posted by Masha2932 (1242 posts) -

A gift on Steam...any takers?

and

A job.

#37 Posted by Grillbar (1914 posts) -

i want it to be over.

#38 Posted by Toxin066 (3330 posts) -

Tickets to see my St. Louis Blues in the Stanley Cup Finals this year.

#39 Posted by Village_Guy (2667 posts) -

A fucking rawket lawnchair!

#40 Edited by jakob187 (21763 posts) -

I want the same thing that I tell people every year: nothing.

If you feel the need to get me something, then go to the local toy store and spend the money on toys, then take them down to the local Toys for Tots.

As someone who grew up poor, I understand what it's like to go without presents for Christmas. No kid should go through that shit, and worse than that, no parent should feel useless because they can't afford some cool shit for their kid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.