Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chrono Trigger

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 11, 1995

Take control of the lovable but silent protagonist Crono in this time-spanning collaborative effort from Squaresoft's "Dream Team." Chrono Trigger follows the exploits of Crono as he and his friends attempt to save the world from a planet-devouring alien creature.

A Chrono Trigger DS Endurance Run?

MiserableGerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MiserableGerm

Would you like to see Jeff and Vinny do this?

bobby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By bobby

I think part of the appeal of the endurance run is that it's people playing games most sane people would not invest their time with. Persona 4 works because it's long and involved. Chrono Trigger would probably just end up as running commentary that is forced shtick. I vote nay on this one.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By luce

i know its a favorite but its old as hell..plus handheld runs wont work with 2 people

so no

i'd vote for nocturne but its pretty hard

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Stang

Nocturne would be amazing, but the difficulty combined with very few in game social interactions = boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-587815b1c9354
    deactivated-587815b1c9354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

chrono trigger wouldnt be a very good idea most people have already played the game to death anyways

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

would be tight imo

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By PercyChuggs

At this point, they could do an Endurance Run where they just read Endurance Run related threads. It would last over 300 episodes.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8  Edited By Symphony

As luce said, a handheld ER wouldn't work with two people. Sure they could bring out the old SNES and play the original, but Chrono Trigger is a game pretty much all JRPG fans know and love, whereas Persona 4 was in a very niche market that even most JRPG fans didn't know about. Pretty sure any staffers who had the desire to play CT have already done so (I seem to recall Brad mentioning he did... I could be wrong though).

Another Shin Megami Tensei game at this point wouldn't make much sense for an ER in my opinion. The last thing I'd want is for Vinny and Jeff to burn out on seeing too many Jack Frosts and having trippy plots involving Japanese gods and summoning demons. Persona 5 will definitely be a contender and there will have been enough of a break between this one and when that is released for them to return to the Megaten franchise.

In the meantime, however, I'm really not sure there is a game that could garner as much of a following as P4 did and introduce people to an obscure title. Sure there are games I would love to see them play through (eg. Odin Sphere, Persona 3, hell, I would watch them play pretty much anything), but I'm at a loss for thinking of a title that would appeal to a wide audience -- including Jeff and Vinny (or others of the GB crew that might want to try their hand at an ER) -- and would hold everyone's attention for 50+ episodes.

An MMO endurance run with Dave and Ryan (or Vinny, or whoever would even be interested in an MMO), maybe?  FFXIII with Brad and Vinny would be pretty awesome, but that's not out for awhile... would be cool to have a lot of members playing it at the same time and sharing different tactics or opinions.

In any event, hopefully they figure out something, or just come up with a new idea for some recurring videos. Heck, I'd enjoy watching Jeff or other staffers recording some of their online fighting-game matches for games like SFIV, assuming any of them still play it at all.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Stang
    @Symphony said:
     In any event, hopefully they figure out something, or just come up with a new idea for some recurring videos. Heck, I'd enjoy watching Jeff or other staffers recording some of their online fighting-game matches for games like SFIV, assuming any of them still play it at all. "
    YES!!!
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Red

I think so far Shenmue makes the best argument for the next ER. 

Chrono Trigger isn't crazy enough to be an ER.

Food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Food

Shenmue would be cool

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toowalrus

I don't want them to do an endurance run of ANYTHING without voice acting. Honestly, half the fun of watching the endurance run is hearing them make fun of the awesome/terrible voice acting. Hell, I cracked up every time Jeff/Vinny quoted Adachi's "Bitches" the past few episodes.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Milkman

Crowding around a DS for 100 hours doesn't seem like a fun time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.