Apparently sampling VG music isn't just for Nerd-Core Rappers

Posted by Dain22 (315 posts) -

I'm probably really late to the game about this, but whatever...

Also,

It's late, so I'll have to come back to this post some other time to detail my thoughts. Short version: I'm in support of this - sampling gets people discovering new music/mediums they might not discover otherwise.

#1 Posted by Dain22 (315 posts) -

I'm probably really late to the game about this, but whatever...

Also,

It's late, so I'll have to come back to this post some other time to detail my thoughts. Short version: I'm in support of this - sampling gets people discovering new music/mediums they might not discover otherwise.

#2 Posted by Veektarius (4833 posts) -

Having some trouble hearing it in the second one. First one is pretty blatant, though. Surprising.

#3 Posted by zipperface (77 posts) -

That first one, just wow.

@Veektarius: 55s in for the Dom Kennedy track matches 1m 42s in on the Chrono Trigger track; pretty spot on too.

#4 Posted by Veektarius (4833 posts) -

@zipperface: Yeah, there it is. I didn't bother listening to the whole Chrono Trigger track since I thought I knew it by heart.

#5 Posted by InsidiousTuna (383 posts) -

This one's also good, if you haven't heard it.

#6 Posted by AuthenticM (3731 posts) -

Wow. Google turned up articles reporting this last year. Has he paid Square Enix? Because if he didn't, I don't think this could pass as fair use.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.