Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chrono Trigger

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 11, 1995

Take control of the lovable but silent protagonist Crono in this time-spanning collaborative effort from Squaresoft's "Dream Team." Chrono Trigger follows the exploits of Crono as he and his friends attempt to save the world from a planet-devouring alien creature.

Concerns/excitement/anticipation for late game stuff (spoilers)

AyKay_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AyKay_47

To be clear, this isn't about how I want them to min/max the game or get every possible top tier item. I'm just super curious and this seems like a good opportunity to make some predictions. I like to make predictions.

For anyone who played the game, but doesn't remember, there's a point in the game where you need a Brono clone. That's also the point where you make a decision regarding a certain character. Now, a lot of people are super excited over the prospect of Bagus, but I think there's a pretty good chance they might just ice the dude and be none the wiser. Over/under on them icing the dude? I think they just might.

Also, back to the Brono clone, unless they start looking at guides, I am very much looking forward to them not knowing where the fuck they need to go next. Not to mention the not-really-optional side quests.

After getting really frustrated over the stupid little things they've been doing so far, I've realized that they just might fail to endure this one. And that got me excited all over again.

bluefroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bluefroman

Oh crap, yea that's gonna be a shit show with them trying to get the clone. Honestly, I don't even remember how you are told in game that Norstein Bekkler HAS the clone for you to obtain? Or, if they are told, the conversation between Patrick and Ryan forgetting everything might come into play:

Ryan: OK Patrick, we have to go find a clone of Brono. The NPC told us to seek out Norstein Bekkler. Now...where is he again?

Patrick: Wasn't he the guy in the tent at Leene Square?

Ryan: Alright that makes sense, let's try there... uhm... Where's Leene Square again?

Patrick: It's in 1000 A.D.

Ryan: Oh right!... Where's 1000 A.D. again?

-sigh-

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
    WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@BlueFroman said:

Ryan: OK Patrick, we have to go find a clone of Brono. The NPC told us to seek out Norstein Bekkler. Now...where is he again?

Patrick: Wasn't he the guy in the tent at Leene Square?

Ryan: Alright that makes sense, let's try there... uhm... Where's Leene Square again?

Patrick: It's in 1000 A.D.

Ryan: Oh right!... Where's 1000 A.D. again?

That is actually scarily accurate to the most recent episode: when Ryan forgot which era Brog was in. XD (The only 600 AD portal available, they initially said 'no that's not it.' Thankfully, they figured it out pretty quickly. :P )

And as for Magus (Bagus >_> ), I am 90% certain that they'll miss the chance to recruit him. (Completely fabricated number to leave room for error :P )

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Getz

I don't remember much about the late game of Chrono Trigger at all, but I'd say anything is possible. They could stumble upon secrets by accident, of course. The odds of them sussing that stuff out using intuition seems unlikely though: they don't really pay attention that well. Not to insult their intelligence, they just seem to be pre-occupied trying to add color commentary which is fine by me. I'm finding the ER to be hilarious so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.