Endurance Run Starts Monday

• 152 results
#1 Edited by admachina (190 posts) -

At the end of the Kinect live show the calendar showed that it will be posted 9am ET on Monday.

It has since been pushed off of the top page by Kinect quick looks.

Just thought you may want to know.

#2 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Good to know!

#3 Posted by CornBREDX (5365 posts) -

Oh, cool. I did not notice that. =)

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

meh

#5 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

Endurance Run and Game of the Year deliberations? That's what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving.

#6 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

meh
#7 Posted by Dagbiker (6977 posts) -

who wants to take bets on how far they get before something stops the Endurance Run

#8 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

It is not going to be live is it?

#9 Posted by Mcfart (1626 posts) -

Probably having to read everything aloud.

#10 Posted by Crono11 (1650 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

who wants to take bets on how far they get before something stops the Endurance Run

NOTHING STOPS THE ENDURANCE RUN!

#11 Posted by XenoNick (1408 posts) -

I wish I could be more excited.

#12 Posted by munnyman5 (184 posts) -

@Crono11 said:

@Dagbiker said:

NOTHING STOPS THE ENDURANCE RUN!

You forgot "MOTHERFUCKER" as the last word. I'll let it slide, this time.

#13 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Who is doing this one?

#14 Posted by FengShuiGod (1486 posts) -

Since it's Chrono Trigger I guess that means it ends Friday.

#15 Posted by Dagbiker (6977 posts) -

@Cube said:

Who is doing this one?

Ryan and Patrick

#16 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Cube said:

Who is doing this one?

Ryan and Patrick

Oh wow. Definitely not watching.

#17 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@TentPole said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

meh
#18 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1190 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

You're just baiting that response now. I'm watching you...

And people complaining about the ER, get over yourselves, you asked for it... Constantly.

#19 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Ryan being a dick while Patrick panders to someone about something, count me in.

#20 Posted by laserbolts (5323 posts) -

Wake me up when it's over.

#21 Posted by Ramone (2972 posts) -

Good. And to all the people saying 'meh', give it a chance at least.

#22 Posted by byterunner (308 posts) -

I can't imagine that this ER is going to be that long, but all is well, I like me some Ryan.

#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19353 posts) -

@MasturbatingestBear said:

And people complaining about the ER, get over yourselves, you asked for it... Constantly.

They asked for it because of the enjoyment that the two previous Endurance Runs provided. Enjoyment that could possibly not be derived from this one.

I'm very curious to see how this ER turns out. Of course, I hope it turns out to be as funny and interesting as the two previous ones, but there are many factors that make me think otherwise.

#24 Posted by benpicko (2010 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

They asked for it because of the enjoyment that the two previous Endurance Runs provided. Enjoyment that could possibly not be derived from this one.

I'm very curious to see how this ER turns out. Of course, I hope it turns out to be as funny and interesting as the two previous ones, but there are many factors that make me think otherwise.

Yeah, I agree. The reason I enjoyed the last ones were because DP and Persona have completely insane stories.

#25 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11795 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I'm with you on this one. Chrono Trigger is not a bad game by any means (in fact, one might even call it "great", if such a descriptor can be used), but other than Patrick being Patrick and Ryan making a bunch of Dragonball jokes within the first 5 minutes, I don't see that game having nearly as much commentary fuel as the prior two ER titles. Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition both had the benefit of being off-the-wall Japanese games, but Chrono Trigger is well... normal by comparison. It's not trying so hard to be funny as it is earnest in the way that JRPGs from that era are, not to mention it has the detriment of being a well-known title that plenty of people have played beforehand.

That being said, maybe I'm totally wrong. I'm going to watch it (at least for a little while, to see how inept the pair will be at a relatively simple JRPG) but I will not commit to anything more than that. We asked for it, and we got it.

#26 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

I'm with you on this one. Chrono Trigger is not a bad game by any means (in fact, one might even call it "great", if such a descriptor can be used), but other than Patrick being Patrick and Ryan making a bunch of Dragonball jokes within the first 5 minutes, I don't see that game having nearly as much commentary fuel as the prior two ER titles. Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition both had the benefit of being off-the-wall Japanese games, but Chrono Trigger is well... normal by comparison. It's not trying so hard to be funny as it is earnest in the way that JRPGs from that era are, not to mention it has the detriment of being a well-known title that plenty of people have played beforehand.

That being said, maybe I'm totally wrong. I'm going to watch it (at least for a little while, to see how inept the pair will be at a relatively simple JRPG) but I will not commit to anything more than that. We asked for it, and we got it.

Either way, we have Vinny and Dave playing old ass PC games now. So even if it turns out to be a dud, we still have something great.

#27 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

@XenoNick said:

I wish I could be more excited.

They answered the hundreds of posts about then Endurance runs but they picked a bad game to do it with.

#28 Posted by Brendan (7817 posts) -

C'mon guys, we all know that the real enjoyment derived from this series will be from the rage-filled commenters below the video. Remember the spitfire under two games that a lot of people hadn't played?

Imagine what the comment section will look like when so many people have spent dedicated hours in this thing. Glorious.

#29 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -

I'm just hoping they will surprise us, and they will actually be playing a different game. And maybe Patrick will be busy and ask Vinny to take his place.. I can dream can't I??

#30 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I planned to watch it until I found out what game it was.

#31 Posted by benpicko (2010 posts) -

@Legend said:

I'm just hoping they will surprise us, and they will actually be playing a different game. And maybe Patrick will be busy and ask Vinny to take his place.. I can dream can't I??

This is what I was hoping.

#32 Posted by Hyuzen (454 posts) -

@Dagbiker: Um perhaps you haven't heard, but i have it on good authority that there is no conceivable thing in the known world with the power to halt an endurance run, you who has sex with ones mother.

#33 Posted by deskp (448 posts) -

Will be watching, but im not too excited about it. Its not the type of games I like. deadly premonition was a good fit of game and story im into but never would have cared to play.

Regular daily video content is good since they manage to keep a fairly decent fun factor in most of their stuff =]

#34 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

I'll be watching this one, I'm sure it'll be great. It may not be DP or a Persona game but come on, could any game ever top off those two?

#35 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

I've never been a huge fan of ERs, I know they put some effort in it but I think these type of experiments are better suited to more controversial titles. Matrix death was a very real look at an end of an MMO. Star Wars Galaxies death is going to be amazing just because of its historical value as well. Chrono Trigger...no controversy here, just a classic JRPG. If they're not forcing themselves to grind it out for some extra content, then I guess it can't be too bad.

#36 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Hyuzen said:

@Dagbiker: Um perhaps you haven't heard, but i have it on good authority that there is no conceivable thing in the known world with the power to halt an endurance run, you who has sex with ones mother.

You sir win. Everything.

#37 Posted by rentfn (1280 posts) -

Can't please all the people all the time....this time all the people are on Giant Bomb :)

#38 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -

Sweet, If Vinny plays, the entire first week will be spent grinding for coins to beat those fairground minigames

#39 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19353 posts) -

@Brendan said:

C'mon guys, we all know that the real enjoyment derived from this series will be from the rage-filled commenters below the video. Remember the spitfire under two games that a lot of people hadn't played?

Imagine what the comment section will look like when so many people have spent dedicated hours in this thing. Glorious.

Yeah, I won't lie. This is what I'm currently looking forward to the most from this ER.

#40 Posted by evanbower (1213 posts) -

@laserbolts: Woaaah, watch out for this guy!

#41 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

I'll take a look but i am not expecting great things.

#42 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I ain't stupid. I'll watch a few episodes and see what's up.

#43 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5260 posts) -

I don't know, I think the endurance run should have ended with DP. This one just doesn't feel right to me, but I guess I'll find out soon enough!

#44 Posted by JackSukeru (5916 posts) -

I can only imagine it will be great. I mean, people are already getting their complain on and they haven't even started playing yet.

#45 Posted by mm665 (407 posts) -

Without V and J this isn't ER.

#46 Posted by AlmostSwedish (554 posts) -

Silly internet, complaining about things they havn't experienced yet.

#47 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I'm going to be watching, but no Jeff and Vinny makes me sad.

#48 Posted by phuzzybunny (172 posts) -

Just finished playing the DS version. I'll watch this eventually but not right when they're posted. I still need to finish the Persona 4 endurance run and the game for that matter. I stopped watching when I bought the game.

#49 Posted by DexterKid (668 posts) -

hmm I only just found out about the game choice and the people involved. I guess not being into the whole twitter nonsense means you miss out on a lot of announcements.

I gotta say, I haven't been so disappointed about anything on this site before. An old game that a lot of people know about and with no voice acting, just seems really unsuitable for an Endurance Run. And the idea of listening to Patrick talk for that many hours is soul crushing.

Sigh, I guess this is what I get for wanting a new ER so much.

#50 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

my body should be ready by then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.