Endurance Run Starts Monday

• 152 results
#51 Posted by Milkman (17073 posts) -

Hey guys, I'm just here to complain about something I haven't watched yet.

#52 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2231 posts) -

I can't believe they gave it a 7.5!

Wait, am I wrong place for complaining? I'm all mixed up with my outrage.

#53 Posted by Winternet (8027 posts) -

1st time I'll come to one of these with a little doubt on my mind. My only fear is towards the game they chosen. It's an old game. And old games are fun. For two hours. Also, I don't know if Chrono Trigger can offer joke material the same way the previous games did.

Said that, I'll watch every minute of this.

#54 Posted by lord_canti (1519 posts) -

ive played enough chrono trigger to know where this is going

#55 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

I'll give it a chance but I have my doubts about this one.

#56 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

A Chrono Trigger ER is a dumb idea.

#57 Posted by MidgardDragon (152 posts) -

Square RPG's may be some of the most over LP'd games out there. But it's not Ocarina of Time (the most over-LP'd), and that's good enough for me.

#58 Posted by Swoxx (3003 posts) -

I will watch the first episode but I'm not optimistic.

#59 Edited by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

@Crono11 said:

NOTHING STOPS THE ENDURANCE RUN!

There is the possibility you might be slightly biased.

@Brendan said:

Imagine what the comment section will look like when so many people have spent dedicated hours in this thing. Glorious.

Imagine what the comment section will look like when Patrick picks the option that doesn't recruit the Magus. BAD END.

"Hey I got this sweet amulet!"

*ESPLOOOODE*

#60 Posted by The_LMFAO_Guy (192 posts) -
@Cube said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Cube said:

Who is doing this one?

Ryan and Patrick

Oh wow. Definitely not watching.

Ryan Davis is awesome, but Patrick Klementia sucks. That guy is in the majority of the Quick Looks that gets posted on this site, and now he's all over the next Endurance Run? Fuck that.
#61 Posted by Renachan (137 posts) -

@Brackynews said:

@Crono11 said:

Someone has not watched enough ER and is missing the joke. 

The reaction this has got has been very weird for me, and honestly I think y'all aren't thinking this through enough. 
  1. We have yet to see an episode, so we're judging something before it's even out
  2. Everyone saying a LP with people who already know at least something about the game is boring, are being very silly. Part of the fun of ERs was them experiencing the stories for the first time, but also some of them, especially towards the end, did get spoiled. It was more what they made of the game that I found fun. This boils down to why a lot of LPs are out there at all, the experience of a game can really change depending on who plays it, and that's why I watch LPs for games I play myself.
  3. Those complaining about who is playing, I would say first that I would give them an episode or two to decide if you think the team up works
  4. Second you're not thinking enough about how much time stuff like this takes up. Would you rather Vinny and Jeff be tied up in this ER for the next however long, having a lot less time for reviews and other features, or would you want them free for other stuff? ERs take a lot of time, which is the big reason it's been so long since we've had the last one.
  5. Everyone complaining about text, is forgetting just how much text based DP and P4 are. Plus are missing how much fun text can be, think of all the voices that can be had.
#62 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

I'm good thanks though

#63 Posted by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

@Renachan said:

Someone has not watched enough ER and is missing the joke.

Ahem. Someone is missing the joke that a user named Crono with a Crono avatar might be slightly biased towards a CT ER. (I thought quoting the avatar pic itself might be too obvious. Guess not... ;)

I totally agree with the rest of your points though. And welcome to Giant Bomb. ;)

#64 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Cube said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Cube said:

Who is doing this one?

Ryan and Patrick

You're a dick.
#65 Posted by CaptainCody (1508 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

@TentPole said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

meh
#66 Posted by Superkenon (1467 posts) -
Endurance Run Starts Monday

Awesome. Can't wait!

Ah... it has never been so easy to be controversial.

#67 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@Cube said:

You're a dick.

Why? Because he isn't entertained by those two in particular? Why would he subject himself to something where the personalities involved don't appeal to him? Why does that make him a dick?

#68 Posted by Bobstar (314 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

@TentPole said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

meh
#69 Posted by liako21 (526 posts) -

Ive never beat chrono trigger so im excited to see how it all plays out. the game is an absolute classic and definitely imo stands the test of time. its a wonder why more jrpgs didnt follow in the steps of this game (no random battles etc) but i suppose thats what makes it so unique.

#70 Posted by DonChipotle (2787 posts) -

I do not like Chrono Trigger at all but I will still tune in to watch because my dislike for the game is not as strong as my like of watching people play games I don't like.

#71 Posted by Giantstalker (1697 posts) -

Since it's Chrono Trigger

Ryan and Patrick

meh
#72 Posted by bigsmoke77 (790 posts) -
@McShank: The game picks you, you don't pick the game
#73 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Milkman said:

#74 Posted by Nentisys (896 posts) -

If this is true then wow, amazing.

#75 Posted by WorldDude (91 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@Milkman said:

#76 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5278 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

@Napalm said:

@Cube said:

You're a dick.

Why? Because he isn't entertained by those two in particular? Why would he subject himself to something where the personalities involved don't appeal to him? Why does that make him a dick?

THE GIANTBOMB STAFF IS INFALLIBLE IF YOU ARE NOT ENTERTAINED BY THEIR ANTICS YOUR ARE SCUM!
#77 Posted by D_W (1182 posts) -

So this will be about a 20 to 30 episode ER if they play for an hour at a time.

#78 Posted by supermike6 (3593 posts) -

Everyone in this thread is what's wrong with the internet.

#79 Posted by AuthenticM (3767 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Napalm said:

@Cube said:

You're a dick.

Why? Because he isn't entertained by those two in particular?

No. He's a dick because he chose to express his disinterest in the upcoming ER by posting a condescending comment. That's what's making him a dick.

#80 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

@AuthenticM said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

No. He's a dick because he chose to express his disinterest in the upcoming ER by posting a condescending comment. That's what's making him a dick.

How was that a condescending comment? How does essentially saying "I'm definitely not going to watch it because Ryan and Patrick are a part of this" evoke condescension?

#81 Edited by AuthenticM (3767 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AuthenticM said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

How was that a condescending comment? How does essentially saying "I'm definitely not going to watch it because Ryan and Patrick are a part of this" evoke condescension?

That's not what he said. Condescension is not found in content, but in presentation.

#82 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

@AuthenticM: How does "Oh wow. Definitely not watching" as a response to learning who the two participants of the ER are differ from how I interpreted his comment?

#83 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Sorry but you're not going to smash through the weird concrete thinking some people have.

#84 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3398 posts) -

Jesus, there are a lot more self-entitled assholes on this website than I had previously suspected.

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Napalm said:

@Cube said:

You're a dick.

He's being a dick because he went out of his way to phrase his opinion in such a way as to insult the two gentlemen in question. He could have just as easily said something along the lines of "well, that's not really my thing, I don't think I'll be watching this one." Instead, "OH FUCK NO THESE DUDES HAVE NO REDEEMING QUALITIES AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I VISIT THIS WEBSITE THAT THEY'RE A MAJOR PART OF."
#85 Posted by AuthenticM (3767 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AuthenticM: How does "Oh wow. Definitely not watching" as a response to learning who the two participants of the ER are differ from how I interpreted his comment?

It differs in that his comment is condescending while your interpretation of said comment isn't. Read the comment while imaging in your head this guy saying said comment after learning that Patrick and Ryan were doing the ER. If I'm crazy, other people should jump on this and tell me, but from where I'm standing, I would have felt a little bit insulted had that comment been directed towards me.

#86 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

Instead, "OH FUCK NO THESE DUDES HAVE NO REDEEMING QUALITIES AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I VISIT THIS WEBSITE THAT THEY'RE A MAJOR PART OF."

See, now I might be crazy, but this seems like you're twisting his comment incredibly compared to how I saw it. The way I see it, you're only seeing what you want to see from that comment, because none of that is implied there.

@AuthenticM: When I had first learned of who the two ER dudes would be and what the game was, the first thing that came to my mind was also along the lines of "Oh wow." It's just a display of surprise. He's not saying anything bad about those two staff members. This is just a matter of differing views on implication. You took it as a slight to Patrick and Ryan; I took it as a comment fueled by disappointment, not by any desire to be insulting.

#87 Posted by Landon (4155 posts) -

I wonder if they've already played a ton of it by now.

#88 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3398 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Hell, I'm willing to admit that I might be wrong, but given the general tone/attitude of a lot of posters in this thread (i.e. "waaah I hate Patrick") I seriously doubt that.
#89 Edited by AuthenticM (3767 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

When I had first learned of who the two ER dudes would be and what the game was, the first thing that came to my mind was also along the lines of "Oh wow." It's just a display of surprise. He's not saying anything bad about those two staff members. This is just a matter of differing views on implication. You took it as a slight to Patrick and Ryan; I took it as a comment fueled by disappointment, not by any desire to be insulting.

Alright. I can work with that. There is no way to truly know the intention of the poster, but what you said is a legitimate perception.

Before hitting "post reply", I'm going to take this opportunity to tell the Internet that this is how two people should argue online (and in real life); not by writing rationally-devoid and emotionally-fueled comments in all-caps.

#90 Posted by Joker369 (882 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

@TentPole said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

meh
#91 Edited by Gabriel (4071 posts) -

I need to make a Twitter account for the Chrono Trigger Endurance Run that reads like the Next Generation Season 8 account.

In this episode Patrick makes many poor and unneeded Jurrasic Park jokes that no one finds funny, Ryan abuses an Intern and is served an summons for Duress.

#92 Posted by Wikitoups (851 posts) -

all the more reason why i love mondays!

#93 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

You know at first I wasn't really exited about it mostly because the game they choose to play, but I´ve come arround also it's the endurance run is gonna be fun either way and they don't necesarelly have to complete de game is called Endurance Run for something who knows if Ryan suddenly says "this is too hard fuck this!" , but I do hope they finish it .

#94 Posted by Nux (2386 posts) -

Awesome, can't wait!

#95 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

I'd like to thank @FluxWaveZ: for basically saying what I meant. Ryan and Patrick aren't horrible people, and, I'm sure they'll be ideal for some. But I will definitely not watch it. It has absolutely nothing to do with visiting the website which they are a "major part of", as much as @Dark_Lord_Spam: would have you believe...maybe he shouldn't take things so personally. But, this is the internet...

#96 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Why so much hate?

More Giant Bomb content is always awesome!

Even if they totally should have done Earthbound instead...

#97 Posted by ffdthree (200 posts) -

@Crono11 said:

@Dagbiker said:

who wants to take bets on how far they get before something stops the Endurance Run

#98 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Come at me

#99 Edited by Yagami (597 posts) -

Hmmh... I kinda hoped for Jeff, Ryan, Patrick, Brad and Vinny. (Yes, all of them.)

#100 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

This sounds on paper like the second worst thing ever, (that farmville thing being the worst), but I'll give it a shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.