Ryan is Bobo: A Tribute to the ER

#1 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

...and Patrick is Brono.

I have loved Chrono Trigger since Christmas morning 199?. I opened it up then immediately ran up stairs and played until the prison break dragon fight. I was thrilled to hear the Giantbomb guys were doing an ER of it. So as a thank you for some of the greatest entertainment, here is an homage to two great dudes playing a great game.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

You deserve all the intercookies. This is great!

#3 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

Patricks classic pose makes it, fantastic.

You're Winner!

#4 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Hahahahha that's awesome!

#5 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

@TobbRobb said:

Patricks classic pose makes it, fantastic.

You're Winner!

Yeah, that pose and the way Brono casts magic is why Patrick got to be him. Oh yeah, and the big hair.

#6 Edited by Halberdierv2 (1868 posts) -

oh man, this is gold. all that is missing is Lucca or Taban in the background hitting something with a wrench shouting SCIENCE!

#7 Posted by Brendan (7696 posts) -

Not only is this well drawn, the characterization is very inspired and appealing. Great fucking work.

#8 Posted by fusrodah (95 posts) -

This should be the preview image for the whole ER.

#9 Edited by countinhallways (632 posts) -

This is really excellent stuff.

It warms my heart to see someone enjoying and appreciating this endurance run in such a pure way. No nitpicking, whining or criticising, just having fun watching...

@Valames said:

...two great dudes playing a great game.

I couldn't have put it better myself. Literally, I tried to do so before giving up and deciding to just quote this line.

#10 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

@Halberdierv2: That would have been an awesome idea! I was debating whether to put frog in, or another reference... that would have been a good one. But I know this is the team they love using, so I'm happy with that.

And holy crap, these are some of the nicest comments I have received for my work, thanks guys!

#11 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

This is very good, stuff like this is why I like to visit the forums I like when the community gives a shit. If I was talented at anything I would love to do something but since i am not it's nice to see things like this. Though anytime someone draws Patrick it should be with his mouth open because that duder never closes it.

#12 Posted by TerraDelu (500 posts) -

ULTIMATE DRAWING

#13 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

That is absolutely brilliant.

#14 Posted by Fruitcocoa (483 posts) -

Wow, this is amazing! :D

#15 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

Haha, very cool. Uzzi Punch looks awesome. And they're in the forest they hate so, so much.

#16 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4611 posts) -

That is just too fucking perfect.

#17 Edited by Vexxan (4616 posts) -

Fuck yeah Patrick's doing his signature pose!

Nicely done!

#18 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

This is amazing

#19 Posted by Video_Game_King (36124 posts) -

Needs more Tupac.

#20 Posted by CornBREDX (4877 posts) -

Ok, thats brilliant.  
Well done dude! =)

#21 Edited by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

Ryan reminds me of Dr.Robotnik in that picture!

Good work by the way. I haven't been able to keep up with the pace of the ER, which is a shame as I've never played Chrono Trigger (my secret shame!). Managed to watch the latest episode , the spamming of the ultimate damage ability was very funny! Is it actually that broken?

#22 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Hahaha I love it!

#23 Posted by ViciousAnchovy (727 posts) -

Wonderful.

#24 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

@Neurotic: Thank you for noticing that, lol. I was hoping people would notice that.

#25 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Pose of Patrick makes this so so so great.

#26 Posted by jewers (8 posts) -

Oh my god this is amazing!

#27 Posted by Nux (2308 posts) -

This it well done. Can I be Brog?

#28 Posted by Beb (240 posts) -

@TerraDelu said:

ULTIMATE DRAWING

#29 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

@WatanabeKazuma: I don't think of it as broken. It's a reward for all the hard work it takes to get to that point. Then you can go craaaazay.

#30 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

This is the best. The best.

#31 Posted by RetroVirus (1462 posts) -

Haha, love the Uzzi Punch there!

#32 Posted by ProjekD (12 posts) -

This work deserves the praise

#33 Posted by Yummylee (21305 posts) -

I feel like everyone on this site can draw but me.

#34 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

I feel like everyone on this site can draw but me.

I've heard that drawing or "art" is 1% talent and 99% inspiration, but I believe it is more 1% talent, 1% inspiration, and 98% patience.

Just keep drawing lines and erasing them until you find the one you like. Eventually the pieces of the puzzle will come together and you will have the picture you saw in your mind. And not a single person on Earth can tell you it's wrong. It's whatever you want it to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.