Some Chrono Trigger pictures I drew 10 years ago

Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

In honor of the Endurance Run, I figured I would look for these in my closet and post them! Maybe some people would enjoy them. These aren't traced. I printed a few pictures off and drew them by eye. I'm sure you could find the originals on the interwebs somewhere.

Brono himself
Ye Olde English speaking Brog (I don't know what that redish stain is)
Can't think of a subtitle for this one.
#1 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

In honor of the Endurance Run, I figured I would look for these in my closet and post them! Maybe some people would enjoy them. These aren't traced. I printed a few pictures off and drew them by eye. I'm sure you could find the originals on the interwebs somewhere.

Brono himself
Ye Olde English speaking Brog (I don't know what that redish stain is)
Can't think of a subtitle for this one.
#2 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

Now we know what you were doing between May 24 and the 29th in 2001.

#3 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11005 posts) -

Just a question, how old were you when you drew these? That will pretty much determine the tone of my response.

#4 Posted by Skytylz (4015 posts) -

Those are great, I'm impressed now matter how old you were at the time.

#5 Posted by VoshiNova (1594 posts) -

I know what that stain is.........

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9740 posts) -

Those are really good! You could be another Akira-what's-his-face.

#7 Posted by Khann (2612 posts) -

Shit

#8 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater said:

Just a question, how old were you when you drew these? That will pretty much determine the tone of my response.

#9 Posted by Korwin (2721 posts) -

You know every time I read the ER names for these characters I keep thinking about how much I look forward to them adding Robo to the party.

#10 Edited by XenoZak (170 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater: The signature and dating kind of hint he can't have been young. I don't know many 13 year olds who sign and date their work. Nevermind!

Really awesome sketches, unfortunately Brono just looks like Gohan or something to me.

@Korwin said:

You know every time I read the ER names for these characters I keep thinking about how much I look forward to them adding Robo to the party.

Wait huh? They already did, hes called Bobo, Surprisingly not Brobo.

#11 Posted by MauveForest (588 posts) -

Man. Brono (Crono) looks like a Dragon Ball Z character. Actually, fuck, they all look like they could be in Dragon Ball Z.

#12 Posted by Korwin (2721 posts) -

@XenoZak said:

@ArbitraryWater: The signature and dating kind of hint he can't have been young. I don't know many 13 year olds who sign and date their work. Nevermind!

Really awesome sketches, unfortunately Brono just looks like Gohan or something to me.

@Korwin said:

Wait huh? They already did, hes called Bobo, Surprisingly not Brobo.

Haven't watched today's episode, Bobo was exactly what I was hoping for (although I do think they should have capitalized the 'g' in Brog's name, whatup BroG!)

#13 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11005 posts) -

@Cataphract1014 said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

Ok, that makes sense then. Considering I knew people in high school who made far worse anime type "art", I can assure you that your decent drawings of Chrono Trigger characters are far beyond the level of talent I would expect from a freshman in High School.

#14 Posted by bmarie82 (66 posts) -

I really like your drapery style

#15 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Brog looks kickass.

#16 Posted by Pink_o_mat (199 posts) -

Barle looks great!

#17 Posted by ikwal (225 posts) -

brono looks like he's in dragon ball

#18 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

@ikwal said:

brono looks like he's in dragon ball

Well, they were designed by the same guy.

#19 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

@ikwal: all Toriyama characters look like Dragonball characters.

#20 Posted by NTM (7033 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Cataphract1014 said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

Ok, that makes sense then. Considering I knew people in high school who made far worse anime type "art", I can assure you that your decent drawings of Chrono Trigger characters are far beyond the level of talent I would expect from a freshman in High School.

Actually, he was probably a Sophomore by then. Just saying. By the way, yes, it was a fine drawing.

#21 Posted by NegativeCero (2925 posts) -

God, I literally can't think of the characters by the original names anymore. Thanks ER. But yeah, surprised you still have these. I've long since lost stuff I did when I was 15 or younger and it's been nowhere near 10 years for me.

#22 Posted by Beb (222 posts) -

These are really well done!

Seems like a lot of people in the thread don't realize that this is exactly what the characters are supposed to look like.

#23 Posted by Draugen (573 posts) -

Those look pretty good dude. Well done.

#24 Posted by Metalisticpain (71 posts) -

The DBZ look is Toriyama, not the OP :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.