Stuck fighting the Mother Brain

#1 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Why is it, that while fighting Mother Brain my attack and magic power go down over time while the Mother Brain continues to do more and more damage over time? I use Lumiere on turn one and it does 1500 damage, about 900 the second time, about 300 the third time, and 100 the fourth. His main attack goes from about 100 (after ive taken out the monitors) to 200,300, 500, to a one shot kill.

#2 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
  
#3 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

But I wanted to beat it with Chrono, Robo and Lucca(Lucca is pretty weak)... I suppose that will be impossible unlessi get lucca some more magic

#4 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

level grind its pretty much reauired in rpgs.

#5 Edited by StarFoxA (5123 posts) -

Just make sure you're a relatively high level. Mother Brain is pretty easy if you're a high level.
Go do some other, easier side-quests first to gain levels (and other items).

#6 Posted by StarFoxA (5123 posts) -
sidescroller said:
"I recall grinding a ton before Giga Gaia, and then breezing through the rest of the game.Just to clarify, you are doing this right before fighting Lavos right?"
It's one of the several optional side-quests that can be done before fighting Lavos. This particular one is Robo's, I believe.
#7 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
StarFoxA said:
"Just make sure you're a relatively high level. Mother Brain is pretty easy if you're a high level.Go do some other, easier side-quests first to gain levels (and other items)."
*sigh* i did this sidequest in order to prepare for the black omen.
WilliamRLBaker said:
"level grind its pretty much reauired in rpgs."
Right, but i thought I might be able to beat this one with strategy. 
#8 Posted by StarFoxA (5123 posts) -
AgentJ said:
"*sigh* i did this sidequest in order to prepare for the black omen."
Hey, these side-quests are fun. :P And definitely worth it.
#9 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
StarFoxA said:
"AgentJ said:
"*sigh* i did this sidequest in order to prepare for the black omen."
Hey, these side-quests are fun. :P And definitely worth it."
Yeah, but i have to beat this by April 1, because then i won't have the time for this stuff, or at least not as much.
#10 Posted by StarFoxA (5123 posts) -
AgentJ said:
"StarFoxA said:
"AgentJ said:
"*sigh* i did this sidequest in order to prepare for the black omen."
Hey, these side-quests are fun. :P And definitely worth it."
Yeah, but i have to beat this by April 1, because then i won't have the time for this stuff, or at least not as much.
"
Oh you totally have enough time to do all of the side-quests, beat Black Omen, and beat Lavos by then.
#11 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

You know, many of the boss fights took a couple of tries, but the only time i ever felt i had to level grind was before the masamune fight. This game is definately well balanced.

#12 Posted by Red (5991 posts) -

Just kill two screens and do a lot of damage to make up for the last screen's ocassional healing.

#13 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
Red said:
"Just kill two screens and do a lot of damage to make up for the last screen's ocassional healing."
Tried that, but without my screen-filling doom blasts, i can't do enough damage to  him before he is healed. I beat him anyway though (barely. He killed robo and lucca, and all that was left was Crono,, with about 66 hp left. I just had him attack as quickly as possible out of desperation, and his 100 or so damage was just enough)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.