The Giant Bomb Chrono Trigger Endurance Run Epilogue.

• 63 results
#51 Posted by byterunner (296 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

@byterunner said:

@RockmanBionics said:

It wasn't the strongest of the 6 Endurance Runs, but parts of it were really great and I mostly had fun with it. Watching the end live was an experience as well and totally worth it.

I hope they'll do another one, someday.

SIX?!

what? *goes to ER page*

What?

Don't forget about when they played through all of Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja and Afterburner Climax.

oh and Fantasmigoria

#52 Posted by EightBitShik (1333 posts) -

I liked it but honestly I'm sure people are sick of hearing this from people but I need Vinny in my ER and in my everything Giantbomb related.

#53 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2906 posts) -

I was actually really impressed with Ryan's improvement in play by the end, he was getting pretty snappy with his inputs. A week ago I was certain Ryan would die a couple times on Lavos just by being slow to react to shit.

#54 Posted by OneManX (1676 posts) -

@Goldanas said:

I enjoyed it and was glad to see Ryan and Kep finally get a hold on things.

My complaints were how they always talked about making the ER "pure", and talking about "the whole point of an ER".

If they wanted a "pure" experience, they probably shouldn't have played for a mere 30 minutes a day. Nobody played games like that when it originally came out. Also, not trying to seek advice when they're stuck? The world was filled with friends and associates with whom you could talk to about the problems you were having in games, which they were having many throughout the course of the ER. That's a part of the social aspect of video games back then. Hell, they wouldn't have had such a problem, if they just looked for help every once in a while. Playing for such a short amount of time a day is probably what contributed greatly to that memory loss.

It was still funny, but if they could have taken a cue from Jeff and Vinny (They often used guides when they felt it appropriate, sometimes during the filming), it would have been much more enjoyable.

If you want to know the point of your video content, it's to be entertaining, and sometimes it's only frustrating when you try to adhere to platitudes outside the realm of possibility and your ability.

As I said, though. It was still enjoyable. Persona 4 is still the best, and both DP's were fantastic.

To be fair, in order to get the good stuff in Persona, you need a guide, there is no way around it.

CT is a game where you don't need a guide. Outside of them looking up the jerky quest (which, unless you talked to everyone at the start, you would have no clue how to finish it), they still got through everything, even if they just had to brute force their way or luck out in other ways(Having Bobo equipped with an item that made it impossible for him to die)

I thought it was a fun ER, and would be interest for more games like this.

#55 Posted by Dotsonics (2 posts) -
#56 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -

It was fantastic!

Great fun to watch and be apart of in the end. Seeing a classic SNES game makes me really want them to ER FF3/6. Would be great to see a classic I'm really attached to and familiar with.

#57 Posted by Neurotic (631 posts) -

@hoonsama said:

It had its close to unbearable moments but it was a blast to watch overall.

Am I the only one hoping that they'd try for all the other endings? Though I guess the chances of that happening is nil.

No. Them going for all the endings would mean they'd have to fight Lavos 14 (?) more times. As awesome as that final battle was, it'd be boring to see them do it over and over just to see a few more scenes.

@SoothsayerGB
said:

It was fantastic!

Great fun to watch and be apart of in the end. Seeing a classic SNES game makes me really want them to ER FF3/6. Would be great to see a classic I'm really attached to and familiar with.

But the point of the ERs is that neither of the people playing it have played it before. I highly doubt that there are two guys on the team who haven't played FFVI. I know Patrick had played Chrono Trigger but he remembered next to nothing about it. I'll agree that the ERs are better if they're playing a game you love, hence why the Persona 4 Run will always be the best one for me.

Best moments were their naming scheme, their reactions to Uzzi Punch and Ultimate Damage, the detour to 65,000,000 BC, the whole of the last episode and the music of Chrono Trigger.

#58 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

It was awesome 'til the very end. Great idea to finish it live.

#59 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

The ending was fantastic, both in the actual ending content and the way they got through it. 
The ER overall was entertaining, but this last episode brought it up to a new level. Shame it is over, but at least it ended on the highest of notes. 
It also made me see why people love Chrono Trigger so much, as I hadn't played it before.

#60 Posted by NegativeCero (2972 posts) -

@byterunner said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@byterunner said:

@RockmanBionics said:

It wasn't the strongest of the 6 Endurance Runs, but parts of it were really great and I mostly had fun with it. Watching the end live was an experience as well and totally worth it.

I hope they'll do another one, someday.

SIX?!

what? *goes to ER page*

What?

Don't forget about when they played through all of Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja and Afterburner Climax.

oh and Fantasmigoria

And Amped 3.

#61 Posted by hoonsama (26 posts) -

@Neurotic: @Neurotic said:

@hoonsama said:

It had its close to unbearable moments but it was a blast to watch overall.

Am I the only one hoping that they'd try for all the other endings? Though I guess the chances of that happening is nil.

No. Them going for all the endings would mean they'd have to fight Lavos 14 (?) more times. As awesome as that final battle was, it'd be boring to see them do it over and over just to see a few more scenes.

I suppose. Some endings do require a complete new game playthrough to a certain point so it'd take a good while. I just wanted to hear their reaction to the other endings, if anything.

#62 Posted by Nux (2293 posts) -

I loved it. I watched it everyday while I ate dinner and it really gave me something to look foward to at the end of the day. Doing the final episode live was awesome and I'm glad they only lost a save once.

#63 Posted by Hailinel (23675 posts) -

Having watched the final episode, that was a great ending. Ryan and Patrick really had their head in the game at the end there, and their strategy worked out well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.