They didn't save Lara!!!

#1 Posted by The_Ruiner (1033 posts) -

It sucks that Bucca's mom will never walk again and Ryan and Patrick saved over any chance of helping her.....it's pretty fucked up.....but not altogether unexpected... poor Lara....

#2 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -

I've played and beaten Chrono Trigger about half a dozen dozen times over the past 15 years and have many friends who have done the same.

I don't know a single person who managed to save Lara the first time.

I think it's better that way. It's more of a touching story moment. As a player, you feel the same frustrating and sad helplessness that Lucca feels.

My favorite thing about Chrono Trigger is that there is a real reason to go back and play through it again and do things differently (like beat the game without reviving Crono).

#3 Posted by fini_fly (767 posts) -

@JokerSmilez: On the DS, it's fun to beat Lavos with just Chrono and Marle after you get back from 600 AD, plus all of the other endings.

The first time I played through for the SNES I saved Lara. Although it took a second to figure it out. It was close. It is a really good moment in the game though for all the emotional drama associated with it.

#4 Posted by falling_fast (2207 posts) -

it took me at least two tries to save her.

#5 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

Nor did I. I felt like crap too. I didn't even know it was possible till I looked it up. Anyway, the scene with Bobo and Bucca after you fail is ridiculously heartwarming.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (24272 posts) -

It took me a few tries to do it. Even when you know what the code is, it's not obvious where you need to stand in order to input it.

#7 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5253 posts) -
@JokerSmilez said:
(like beat the game without reviving Crono).
Oh man I never even thought of that.

But yeah, I screwed it up the first time too. It's actually pretty tricky.
#8 Posted by theodacourt (523 posts) -

...spoilers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.