Wait mode broken?

#1 Posted by GalacticGravy (548 posts) -

I just picked up Final Fantasy Chronicles for Playstation 1, which has FF IV and Chrono Trigger. I prefer wait mode to active mode. So please don't say "just play active mode instead."

My combat is in wait mode. It doesn't seem like wait mode is working. From what I understand, when it's your turn it is your turn. The enemy can't attack. If your battle gauge fills up first, you go first, even if you sit there for an hour the enemy won't attack. However, the enemies are attacking me. My gauge fills up and the dudes are attacking me. It is totally set to "wait."

Does wait not work like other games? Or is my game fucked up? Or am I retarded?

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14842 posts) -

Sounds to me like you set it to active mode by mistake.

#3 Posted by Shadow (4980 posts) -

They won't attack while you're choosing what skill/item to use. It doesn't make the game turn-based.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (24851 posts) -
@Shadow

They won't attack while you're choosing what skill/item to use. It doesn't make the game turn-based.

This is the truth. Wait Mode only pauses actions while in the Tech and Item menus.
#5 Edited by MetalBaofu (1387 posts) -

Yup....it's been answered, but I'll say it again anyways because I'm bored. It only waits when you have the item or tech menus open.

#6 Posted by Beforet (2922 posts) -

I think Ryan and Patrick may have misrepresented what Wait mode actually means (probably from not understanding it themselves). All of the Square games that have the ATB system use Wait mode in this way. Except maybe 12 and 13.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.