Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chrono Trigger

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 11, 1995

Take control of the lovable but silent protagonist Crono in this time-spanning collaborative effort from Squaresoft's "Dream Team." Chrono Trigger follows the exploits of Crono as he and his friends attempt to save the world from a planet-devouring alien creature.

Well Guess What? !"#€%!#"!%"... All This Nagging... (ER Related)

• 172 results
    Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Zabant

@Video_Game_King said:

Plus they're not very good at it, and so much has been said about the game already that it's doubtful that there's anything left to be said.

Every video games the guys play on camera ever.

Quit bitching about it, this isn't a speedrun site or MLG

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#102  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Zabant:

I'm not asking for a damn speedrun of Chrono Trigger or anything like that; I just want them to know what they're doing and not screw up a game that's been out for a while and everybody has played. If you're gonna take the time to make a video of you playing a game for everybody to see, you might as well be good at it. (Although to be fair, they are getting better. I'm just dreading all the future events I know they're going to fuck up.)

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Zabant

All this and you guys ask why jeff wants nothing to do with another endurance run ever.

Some of you can really be the worst.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#104  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@CL60 said:

"We want Endurance run!!!! MAKE ONE!!!!!!!"

"Okay guys, here, we'll make one.. sheesh."

"NOOOO!!!!! NOT THAT GAME!!!!! AND PATRICK SUCKS!!!!!!! GAAAWDD!!!!"

It's all part of the internet experience package. If you want we can also add a 13 year old kid who will question your sexual orientation while you play video games for free.

@Video_Game_King said:

@Zabant:

I'm not asking for a damn speedrun of Chrono Trigger or anything like that; I just want them to know what they're doing and not screw up a game that's been out for a while and everybody has played. If you're gonna take the time to make a video of you playing a game for everybody to see, you might as well be good at it. (Although to be fair, they are getting better. I'm just dreading all the future events I know they're going to fuck up.)

I didn't play Chrono Trigger and Honestly I don't think I would have played very differentially from how they are playing it. Unless you already played it before I don't see how you can expect them to know what to do.

I should also mention that I hate JRPG's with a passion and they actually got me interested in one and I do find this ER very fascinating and entertaining so I guess they are doing something right.

ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By ikwal

I don't know why anyone would complain about the ER, if you do not like it then don't watch it. It's just so rude to complain and bitch about something that's for free. Sure if you have something constructive to say then go ahead but just being hateful isn't helping anyone.

In my opinion this ER is just as good as the previous ones.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Unless you already played it before I don't see how you can expect them to know what to do.

You do realize that Patrick has played it before, right? And that Ryan has admitted to playing the first hour? And the "we don't know where to go, despite having gone there in a previous save" thing?

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#107  Edited By AlexanderSheen

I'm not gonna say anything bad about the this ER (cause apparently it's prohibited here), but I can't watch it anymore. That's why I go back and rewatch the older ERs (well, except the BR one). Easy solution.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Bocam

@Video_Game_King: I think the "we don't know where to go, despite having gone there in a previous save" thing was because of a big gap in recording the videos. Like Episodes 1 to 3 being recorded in October and the rest being recorded closer to now.

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Zabant

@Bocam said:

@Video_Game_King: I think the "we don't know where to go, despite having gone there in a previous save" thing was because of a big gap in recording the videos. Like Episodes 1 to 3 being recorded in October and the rest being recorded closer to now.

Yep, you clearly hear patrick say "well Halloween is coming up soon" in one of the first few videos.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Zabant said:

@Bocam said:

Yep, you clearly hear patrick say "well Halloween is coming up soon" in one of the first few videos.

I thought that was a joke.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Bocam

@Video_Game_King: Guess it wasn't.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112  Edited By Milkman

@Video_Game_King said:

@Zabant:

I don't know why people are constantly saying that everyone has played Chrono Trigger. Going into the Endurance Run and I knew literally next nothing about the game. Obviously, I knew of its legacy but I didn't know anything about what the actual game entailed. I'm sure there are plenty of people in the same boat.

BerserkingGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By BerserkingGuts

Way too many entitled assholes on this site.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#114  Edited By alistercat

@Milkman said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Zabant:

I don't know why people are constantly saying that everyone has played Chrono Trigger. Going into the Endurance Run and I knew literally next nothing about the game. Obviously, I knew of its legacy but I didn't know anything about what the actual game entailed. I'm sure there are plenty of people in the same boat.

I know nothing of Cronotrigger either, and I am playing along with them. For the first time. There are a lot of people who never owned a SNES or picked up any of the re-releases.

More to the point though, an endurance run besides the name is as excuse for them to play a game that they want to play but don't have time to. Ryan wanted to play Cronotrigger. You can't have a one man endurance run so patrick is along for the ride. Being good at games has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you are expecting any of the staff to be good at any game you are on the wrong site. Drew has Halo, Brad has Starcraft, Jeff has Blitz 99. That's it. The point of watching them play games is to watch that particular person lay a particular game, not to watch someone who is good at it. Plenty of other videos on Youtube for that.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Video_Game_King

@AlisterCat:

Perhaps we're coming from differing philosophies. You're examining the Endurance Run as a Quick Look, while I'm looking at it as more a Let's Play. Rule 1 of Let's Play: be good at the game you're playing. Nobody wants to see you fuck up for the majority of a video.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#116  Edited By alistercat

@Video_Game_King: I'm going off their own description of the endurance run and I expect nothing more from them than what they set out to do, which is play a game until they cant any more. Tedium included. I don't think of it as the same format as any other type of video. Breaking Brad maybe holds up to the name 'endurance run' than these videos do but in a more compressed form with much harder to reach but shorter goals. Play until you can't play any more.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Video_Game_King said:

@AlisterCat:

Perhaps we're coming from differing philosophies. You're examining the Endurance Run as a Quick Look, while I'm looking at it as more a Let's Play. Rule 1 of Let's Play: be good at the game you're playing. Nobody wants to see you fuck up for the majority of a video.

I thoght the first rule is: Be sure that the game you gonna play is totally new to you. That's why they not uber badass at the game. If you think about it, Vinny and Jeff made mistekes too.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#118  Edited By JasonR86

I could see this being the last endurance run. If I were on the GB staff I sure wouldn't want to take the time out of my day to do an endurance run for an audience that is just going to bitch about it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @AlexanderSheen said: 

I thoght the first rule is: Be sure that the game you gonna play is totally new to you. That's why they not uber badass at the game. If you think about it, Vinny and Jeff made mistekes too.

Where did you come up with that rule? And even if it was a rule, they've broken it because Patrick already played the game when he was younger and Ryan played a couple hours of it in the past.
    AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

Where did you come up with that rule? And even if it was a rule, they've broken it because Patrick already played the game when he was younger and Ryan played a couple hours of it in the past.

I just made that up, because I think what he said is non-sense.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Patman99

@JasonR86 said:

I could see this being the last endurance run. If I were on the GB staff I sure wouldn't want to take the time out of my day to do an endurance run for an audience that is just going to bitch about it.

Yeah, no kidding. It's not like they bitched on the first episode but rather EVERY single episode since and will probably continue for some time. People just need to chill out and accept the facts. They are doing a Chrono Trigger endurance run. Deal with it.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Video_Game_King

@AlexanderSheen:

Huh? When was that rule ever established? Some of the best Let's Plays are ones where people have played the game before and actually know what they're doing. Like this or this or this or this or I think you get the point by now. (Also, how would I know if Vinny & Jeff made mistakes? This is my first Endurance Run.)

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Video_Game_King: First: This is not Let's Play (I've never heard about it before). Second: You should go and watch the previous ERs... right now.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Video_Game_King

@AlexanderSheen:

First: it is a Let's Play. It fulfills all the criteria for being a Let's Play, and does nothing to disqualify itself from being one.

Second: Not yet. I still have to play those games.

Zaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#125  Edited By Zaph

I think the actual reason so many people are upset about the new Endurance Run is due to the waiting.

There are roughly 14-18 months between starting ER's, which means the next one (if there is a next one), probably won't start until 2013 at the earliest.

So for those who feel this isn't a 'real' ER (or the ER they wanted it to be - maybe because of the choice of game or the people playing it) that's a whole 3 years to wait between the last one finishing and the next one starting.

Looking at it like that, I can understand why some people are disappointed - but I just wish they'd express that disappointment in a more respectful manner, especially considering how hard the small GB crew work to pump out all the content.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Bocam

@AlexanderSheen: It is a Let's Play

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Zaph: I've not seen anyone complaining mention their frustration in regards to a wait for a next Endurance Run, so I think this is just conjecture.
    AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Video_Game_King: It's a genre now? If it is, then ER got a "disadvantage". It doesn't have rules. And you said in your previous comment that: "Rule 1 of Let's Play...", so there are more rules, no?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Video_Game_King

@AlexanderSheen:

I don't exactly understand your argument, but I'll post some more rules:

• Be good at the game (felt the need to repeat that).
    • Make significant progress in each update.
    • Capture your material well.
    • Have something informative or interesting to say.
    • Demonstrate great knowledge of the game you're LPing.
    • Make sure that the game you're LPing would make for a good LP in the first place.

I should say that there really isn't any book of rules on LPing, but a lot of this can be inferred from good LPs or retsupurae videos. I should also say that not all of these are relevant to a discussion of the Endurance Run, but since you kinda asked, I think...

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By CL60

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Video_Game_King: It's a genre now? If it is, then ER got a "disadvantage". It doesn't have rules. And you said in your previous comment that: "Rule 1 of Let's Play...", so there are more rules, no?

No, they don't have rules, Video_Game_King just gets pissy whenever lets plays are mentioned and the person playing doesn't know exactly everything that happens, and everything that's in the game.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Video_Game_King said:

@AlexanderSheen:

• Make sure that the game you're LPing would make for a good LP in the first place.

I should say that there really isn't any book of rules on LPing, but a lot of this can be inferred from good LPs or retsupurae videos. I should also say that not all of these are relevant to a discussion of the Endurance Run, but since you kinda asked, I think...

"Demonstrate great knowledge of the game you're LPing." You didn't saw the previous ERs so you don't know, that, because the fact that they played those games for the first time, they had little or no knowledge of the game they played. So they failed at LPing from the start. My argument is: they don't have to be good at the game to produce a good ER, and they proved that with the first two ER.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By CL60

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@AlexanderSheen:

"Demonstrate great knowledge of the game you're LPing." You didn't saw the previous ERs so you don't know, that, because the fact that they played those games for the first time, they had little or no knowledge of the game they played. So they failed at LPing from the start. My argument is: they don't have to be good at the game to produce a good ER, and they proved that with the first two ER.

As I said previously. Video_Game_King hates blind Lets Plays and likes pushing on us that we're all wrong and he's right when we say we like blind ones.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#133  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@AlexanderSheen said:

Good Lord, shut up. The ER is a Let's Play, get over it. Being on Giant Bomb doesn't somehow elevate it above the slums of YouTube LPs, no matter how much you would like to insert the staff's flaccid penises into your dry, thirsty mouth for sustenance while reaching behind them and parting their sagging anus cheeks to insert your shaking, nervous fingers into their sweaty hold in the hopes that maybe, just maybe you'll please them.

Reading your posts is like rape.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@CL60: I read your comment after I commented :)

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Bocam

@Video_Game_King: Think of this ER as a blind LP even both participates have played varying amounts of the game

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By MeierTheRed

@Cube said:

Chrono Trigger is totally unfit for an Endurance Run. So are the hosts. It's unfortunate they've got it so wrong this time around.

I would say they had it pretty wrong the first time around too. Cause Persona is a horrible series. But then again Chrono Trigger isn't any better. Its like choosing between cat piss and vinegar. And in this case Persona is the cat piss for me so i would rather chug the vinegar if i'm forced to.

Sorry for the bile.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@GunslingerPanda: Than don't read it -.- And as I said, I never heard about LP before, so I didn't know what the fuck it is.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Fruitcocoa

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

They had played Persona 4 before the endurance run? Please, just stop all the negativity around the site it really sucks to see every second thread be about "uhm the endurance run sux!!"

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#139  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@AlexanderSheen said:

@GunslingerPanda: Than don't read it -.- And as I said, I never heard about LP before, so I didn't know what the fuck it is.

Then how are you qualified to say what is and isn't an LP? Please, stop raping me.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Fruitcocoa said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

They had played Persona 4 before the endurance run? Please, just stop all the negativity around the site it really sucks to see every second thread be about "uhm the endurance run sux!!"

I'm pretty sure we were talking about Chrono Trigger there. And I don't see how I was being negative there, either.
    ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#141  Edited By ThePickle

I have been pleasantly surprised with the ER.

SniperXan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By SniperXan

You know, I used to think that Giant Bomb had a collection of some of the greatest members around but more and more, with Patrick hate, ER whining, Alex on the Bombcast bitching ect ect ect the community as a whole has turned to shit. Oh well, site is still rad...it's just the people ruining it. I think it started with the memberships, I like the memberships and being part of the site and helping to fund something I LOVE but is has created a group of entitled asshats that think that if they wave a membership around and complain like bitches every time they dislike something that it will be changed...instead they are just ruining it for everyone and I am sad.

Love Giant Bomb, hate entitled asshats.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@GunslingerPanda: You know what, I changed my mind. Read my comments.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Fruitcocoa

@SniperXan said:

You know, I used to think that Giant Bomb had a collection of some of the greatest members around but more and more, with Patrick hate, ER whining, Alex on the Bombcast bitching ect ect ect the community as a whole has turned to shit. Oh well, site is still rad...it's just the people ruining it. I think it started with the memberships, I like the memberships and being part of the site and helping to fund something I LOVE but is has created a group of entitled asshats that think that if they wave a membership around and complain like bitches every time they dislike something that it will be changed...instead they are just ruining it for everyone and I am sad.

Love Giant Bomb, hate entitled asshats.

Not shit, but people are crazy here now. I think Patrick fits in the Bomb Squad, the new Endurance Run is awesome and Alex on the Bombcast was pretty much because Vinnys on vacation, right? With that said, the days Kessler enters the Bombcast... man! (Nothing against Kessler at all, love that guy in quicklooks and in other videos, but bombcast, no please).

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#145  Edited By Cube

@pornstorestiffi said:

@Cube said:

Chrono Trigger is totally unfit for an Endurance Run. So are the hosts. It's unfortunate they've got it so wrong this time around.

I would say they had it pretty wrong the first time around too. Cause Persona is a horrible series. But then again Chrono Trigger isn't any better. Its like choosing between cat piss and vinegar. And in this case Persona is the cat piss for me so i would rather chug the vinegar if i'm forced to.

Sorry for the bile.

We can agree to disagree. I never said anything about the quality of the game. Both are great, but Persona 4 totally fits the format. Quirky, hilarious dialogue, good length, and it was under the radar just enough that it introduced a ton of people to the series. Jeff and Vinny had a chemistry with their humour - they simply complimented each other.

Chrono Trigger has been played millions of times over, it has no voice acting, it might have some weird stuff but it's not genuinely funny. Ryan and Patrick don't have that chemistry, in my eyes. Coupled with the fact that Patrick already beat the game, it doesn't add up.

It's too bad so many people take this as "bitching", when I'm simply stating my opinion. I'm not watching the series but everyone is entitled to.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Winternet

I think you guys are overthinking this too much. I think that Chrono Trigger is, in my opinion, a bad fit for an ER. It's old, well known, it's kinda boring to watch and it doesn't give much material to work with, entertainment wise.

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#147  Edited By DeadPan

Patrick haters

Give me one concrete reason why you dislike him? Other then him being the new guy

He knows his stuff and is a great writer. I see no big deal with him doing the ER and being on the site

Stop being dicks duders

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Roger_Klotz

I want to see this community explode if they decide to bring back TANG, but switch Davis for Kessler. Also Patrick is great, he seems to have alot to say and is pretty funny. Adds a little different humor to the giantbomb crew.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By soldierg654342

@DeadPan said:

Give me one concrete reason why you dislike him? Other then him being the new guy

His laugh and how awesome he thinks "trolling" is?

Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with him, but I can see how some might find those two characteristics less than appealing, though one is certainly a more salient point of contention than the other.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Cloudenvy

@DeadPan said:

Patrick haters

He knows his stuff and is a great writer. I see no big deal with him doing the ER and being on the site

Stop being dicks duders

I don't find him funny and I find some of his "jokes" extremely annoying, like on the newest Endurance Run where he kept trying to make the Octopod noise himself. : )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.