What does B.C. and A.D. mean in this game?

#1 Posted by WindFall259 (365 posts) -

Because it sure as hell wouldn't mean Before Christ and Anno Domini, at least that's what I think. Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Hailinel (24721 posts) -

They never really say.

#3 Posted by Dang3rDoom (31 posts) -

maybe B.C. is Before Chrono..

#4 Posted by mac_n_nina (272 posts) -

big cock after dark

#5 Edited by captain_max707 (490 posts) -
@Dang3rDoom: Impossible. It would have to be B.B., Before Brono.
#6 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I am more of a BCE and CE type of folk

#7 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@Dany said:

I am more of a BCE and CE type of folk

#8 Posted by AndrewB (7611 posts) -

Before Cake and Always be Desting.

#9 Posted by Scalec (71 posts) -

I think it means "Brono Crazy" and "After Dat".

#10 Posted by JackSukeru (5911 posts) -

Before Calamity and After Doomsday.

#11 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1665 posts) -

Good question.

#12 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

Brono Cross

#13 Posted by Marz (5651 posts) -

though the game isn't using it correctly to signify the birth of jesus....  the Kingdom of Guardia however was founded at 0 or 1 AD thus giving you reference of why there is an Epoch change.

#14 Posted by ffdthree (200 posts) -

@Marz said:

though the game isn't using it correctly to signify the birth of jesus.... the Kingdom of Guardia however was founded at 0 or 1 AD thus giving you reference of why there is an Epoch change.

you're wrong, sir.

#15 Posted by Marz (5651 posts) -
@ffdthree said:

@Marz said:

though the game isn't using it correctly to signify the birth of jesus.... the Kingdom of Guardia however was founded at 0 or 1 AD thus giving you reference of why there is an Epoch change.

you're wrong, sir.

k, what is correct?
#16 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2908 posts) -

Does Japan use BC and AD or something not based on a real life religion? If it's something generic like BCE and CE maybe that's what it says in the original and the translators just used BC and AD without realizing that they don't really make sense in the gameworld?

#17 Posted by dankempster (2253 posts) -

@SuperfluousMoniker said:

Does Japan use BC and AD or something not based on a real life religion? If it's something generic like BCE and CE maybe that's what it says in the original and the translators just used BC and AD without realizing that they don't really make sense in the gameworld?

That seems like a pretty reasonable assumption. Or perhaps BC and AD were deliberately used to make the time-span instantly relatable to a Western audience.

#18 Edited by EchoEcho (825 posts) -

@dankempster said:

@SuperfluousMoniker said:

That seems like a pretty reasonable assumption. Or perhaps BC and AD were deliberately used to make the time-span instantly relatable to a Western audience.

This was my assumption.

#19 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

I do believe its used in the east people don't seem realize that the BC and AD moniker are accepted parts of acamedia world wide not just in religious christian countries...

#20 Posted by ffdthree (200 posts) -

@Marz said:

@ffdthree said:

@Marz said:

you're wrong, sir.

k, what is correct?

The Portal Kombat picture on your page is pretty damn correct.

#21 Posted by Commisar123 (1792 posts) -

It seems to mean pretty much the same thing even if it doesn't stand for the same thing

#22 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'm betting that Jesus is in this game's universe, but instead of getting nailed to a cross and all that junk, he beat the shit out of Judas while yelling, "WHERE'S THE REAL JUDAS, YOU MONSTER BASTARD!?"

#23 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2908 posts) -
@WilliamRLBaker: Thinking about it some more, I realized that you were probably right. Also, I'm crazy so I grabbed a copy of the Japanese rom and checked myself. Lo and behold...

#24 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

"Before Christ" and "Anno Domini"

#25 Posted by gorkamorkaorka (442 posts) -

How can that world support such a large population with no farms should be the real question.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.