Why do YOU hate the Chrono Trigger Endurance Run?

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by AlexW00d (6230 posts) -

derp.

#52 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

It's not as good as persona 4 or deadly premonition.

Derp.

#53 Edited by bybeach (4772 posts) -

Because not only am I a Twat, I am also a hypocrite. Without telling a soul (besides my best friend the internet) I plan to watch every episode after it's over, and I can no longer justify my attitude about the choice.

#54 Posted by IzzyGraze (850 posts) -

Yeah, and they're probably never going to do an endurance run again because of all the bitching and moaning. People asked for soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long for another endurance run and they finally do one! What do those people have to say? Thank you? No: "Boring!/ do better!/ Why do you suck so bad?/ I hate you for not spoon feeding me enjoyment while I sit here, mouth agape, with glassy soulless eyes."

This is why we can't have nice things.

#55 Posted by TooWalrus (13155 posts) -

'Cause it's mad boring (at least, the first three episodes are). I'll watch it eventually.

#56 Posted by PenguinDust (12483 posts) -

If is was any good, I probably would have seen it.

#57 Posted by Getz (2995 posts) -

@NTM: Vindication, camaraderie, debate, aggression... these are all selfish pursuits, but they're something that everybody seeks and something everybody needs another to accomplish. To say they have no meaning is to say that human interaction is meaningless.

All of these people calling me childish, or an idiot, or telling me how awesome and right I am are just projecting their own insecurities on to me. They can't possibly know who I really am; I'm just a box of text that they fill with their own imagination. We're all broken; but with the internet we can pretend that we're whole.

#58 Posted by DeF (4848 posts) -

because I don't have time to watch it all :P

#59 Posted by Strife777 (1513 posts) -

@Getz said:

@NTM: Vindication, camaraderie, debate, aggression... these are all selfish pursuits, but they're something that everybody seeks and something everybody needs another to accomplish. To say they have no meaning is to say that human interaction is meaningless.

All of these people calling me childish, or an idiot, or telling me how awesome and right I am are just projecting their own insecurities on to me. They can't possibly know who I really am; I'm just a box of text that they fill with their own imagination. We're all broken; but with the internet we can pretend that we're whole.

Did you just create this thread to somehow project your life philosophies on to us or something?

Also, this thread is going nooooowhere.

#60 Posted by kylenalepa (112 posts) -

I don't hate it. I've never played Chrono Trigger so it's cool getting to see the game played through from start to finish. The only thing that drives me crazy is the complete lack of observation they have, although I'm sure it's harder to pay attention when you're recording something that thousands of people are going to watch and scrutinize. Still, I do wonder sometimes how Patrick and Ryan are able to get through the day without accidentally killing themselves by walking into traffic or drinking Drano (lol).

#61 Posted by TheVideoHustler (406 posts) -

I fucking love the Endurance Run,

J Sin'

#62 Posted by BRich (431 posts) -

The game is just a little too conventional for an Endurance run. I've finished Chrono Trigger and nothing crazy happens to comment on.

I mean, imagine experiencing something like Saint's Row for the first time with the crew's commentary (I haven't played the Third yet, can't wait).

#63 Posted by Brendan (7734 posts) -

It's interesting how different the experience is, watching most of the ER without ever looking at the comments. It's much more pleasant.

#64 Posted by Stonyman65 (2658 posts) -

I don't hate the Endurance Run, I just don't like Patrick being on it. Honestly, that is the only thing stopping me from watching it.

#65 Posted by tyxja (278 posts) -

I don't hate it, I'm just not very interested in watching someone play through all of Chrono Trigger, I'd like the game to be completely weird and out of left field.

#66 Posted by Saethir (353 posts) -

The worst part is the people bitching about it. I'm enjoying it myself.

#67 Posted by wealllikepie (757 posts) -

i think chrono trigger is boring as shit to watch and ryan+patrick arent as fun to watch as vinny+jeff (in my opinion anyway)

#68 Edited by Zacagawea (1588 posts) -

Because it isn't funny or entertaining in any way

#69 Posted by Marmalade (192 posts) -

I certainly wouldn't say I hate it, not enough to leave hateful comments on the videos anyway. I simply didn't enjoy it enough to continue watching it. Ryan and Patrick's bumbling about is certainly entertaining to an extent, but their constant wandering around clueless as to what to do wears thin. I'm sure they've gotten better and know what they're doing now, but when I dropped off it basically boiled down to:

NPC: Go to (X) / Do (Y)

R&P: Where do we go? What do we do?

Pat: Oh, videogames.

So what I'm saying is...I'm a twat, I guess?

#70 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4964 posts) -

@Strife777 said:

@Getz said:

Did you just create this thread to somehow project your life philosophies on to us or something?

Also, this thread is going nooooowhere.

I am the controller?

#71 Posted by Strife777 (1513 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: ....what?

#72 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4964 posts) -

@Strife777: Deep stuff.

#73 Posted by Strife777 (1513 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: Indeed.

#74 Posted by Getz (2995 posts) -

@Strife777: There is a difference between philosophy and psychology. Or something.

#75 Posted by Nentisys (888 posts) -

No Vinny, no Jeff = no endurance run.

#76 Posted by TehBuLL (603 posts) -

Mainly it's because I've played the game before and often and it is hard for me to watch other people play it. As a retro quicklook I could have stomached it, but after 8 episodes, I just couldn't take it anymore. Not saying I won't eventually watch the rest, it is just that I can't put it at the top of my MUST SEE list, like the Persona ER. Also, the lack of Vinny makes almost anything less enjoyable. Not a knock on any other GB staff member, but Vinny is easily the most on my level and often times says what I am thinking. For the next ER, I know Ryan says there will be a hell of a hiatus before that happens, I just hope that Vinny is involved because his commentary and advice is the funniest.

#77 Posted by ProfessorEss (7309 posts) -
@Getz:  I don't like it, but I care as little about explaining it as you care about hearing it. 

...so I just clicked I am a twat, it's probably the closest anyways.
#78 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

You're all nuts.

#79 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

I never was a fan of Chrono Trigger. Therefore, I am clearly a twat.

#80 Posted by Spoonman671 (4588 posts) -

This thread needs to exist.

#81 Posted by TheKing (827 posts) -

How is the not locked yet?

#82 Posted by MB (12202 posts) -

@TheKing said:

How is the not locked yet?

I was just wondering the same thing!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.