Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

City of Heroes

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 28, 2004

City of Heroes was a superhero based MMORPG that ran from April 2004 to November 2012

City of Heroes Badges on Giantbomb

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KillerZ

So I started thinking, we have WoW, Steam, and X-Box stuff here. Is it possible to get City of Heroes badges linked with giantbomb?

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By SumDeus

Wow this was posted 6 months ago and no one responded...

Well I'm responding! That's a great idea, but I don't think enough people play CoH for them to do it. I would love to show off my badge collection though.

Fnord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Fnord

I'd love to see that as well, but I don't think they have implemented any sort of API to actually report your badges externally.  The devs would have to do that first.  I think that was part of the whole City Vault thing they were working on a few years ago, but that got scrapped.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By trace

@Fnord said:

I think that was part of the whole City Vault thing they were working on a few years ago, but that got scrapped.

This is correct from what I recall. When the devs admitted that the Vault was going to be scrapped, a bunch of players asked if a system for official badge tracking/API could at least be implemented. Positron seemed to indicate that either it couldn't be done at the time because it'd stress the servers out too much, or that he was unwilling to settle for a City Vault that only tracked a portion of the dev team's desired stats. No clue if that's still the case, what with all the work that's been done to CoH and its code.

It's kind of a shame, really. CoH had a pretty entertaining (and slightly grindy) badge system, and I wouldn't mind being able to flaunt the depressing amount of time I spent collecting hundreds of badges way back when.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.