Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Clash of Clans

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 02, 2012

A strategy game for Android and iOS devices in which players create clans and compete against each other.

The Gist Of It: Quick Looks: Those Super Bowl Ad Games

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Edited By eccentrix

The Games:

Three iOS games big enough to have commercials play during the Super Bowl; Game of War, Clash of Clans and Heroes Charge.

The Quick Look: Running time: 28:13, starring Drew Scanlon and Jeff Gerstmann.

To begin, Drew shows us and Jeff, who hasn't seem them before, the ads in question. Jeff questions who Kate Upton is and Drew describes her as a "professional pretty lady". Drew says he enjoyed the Liam Neeson commercial.

The first two games are very similar games with the mobile game-standard energy meters and micro-transactions. Drew tries to explain to the best of his ability all of these different systems and currencies while Jeff tries to wrap his head around all the flashing lights vying for his attention. In each of the games, Drew launches an attack on an enemy player before moving on.

The third game, Heroes Charge, is instead more of a tactical real-time game with RPG elements. Drew goes more in depth with his explanations of this game's abilities and levelling system and expresses his appreciation for the game, citing its light strategy. Jeff says he thinks it would make an okay handheld game with the micro-transactions removed.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The only thing I'd expand upon is what the commercials in question were for, in relation to the spokesperson (Kate Upton - Game of War; Liam Neeson - Clash of Clans). Did he show the Heroes Charge commercial? I might have spaced out.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I'd expand upon is what the commercials in question were for, in relation to the spokesperson (Kate Upton - Game of War; Liam Neeson - Clash of Clans). Did he show the Heroes Charge commercial? I might have spaced out.

Didn't show the Heroes Charge commercial.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

@amyggen said:

@whitegreyblack said:

Didn't show the Heroes Charge commercial.

I didn't remember that, either. He probably addressed it, but there was a longer period between viewing and writing for this one. It was a weird quick look in a lot of ways!

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eccentrix: Just seemed like they forgot about it/moved on. Drew said they had all the commercials loaded up on the phone, but they didn't show that last one for some reason. Oh well, was a good QL!

cloudyimpulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Drew actually showed the Heroes Charge commercial. He just didn't call it out really and wasn't that crazy of a commercial like the other two. Had some CG characters and a couple of seconds of actual gameplay before fading out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.