Cliffy !! Look You dont have to hate the Ps3 any longer !!!!!

#1 Edited by Unreal_dro (277 posts) -
#2 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Can you still use it to play Talledega Nights?

#3 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOO. i hate the 360 controllers >_> there to big.

#4 Posted by tekmojo (2298 posts) -

I love it, however why did the dude use the 360 D-Pad!?! I'm guessing it would take extra work to modify that area of the controller to have 4 individual directions instead of the single D-disc. Otherwise pretty badass controller to own if you are willing to spend an afternoon making it.

#5 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

That is pretty lame.

#6 Posted by Dalai (6978 posts) -

It's things like this that will cause a rift in the space-time continuum.

#7 Posted by Damonation (556 posts) -

Haha! Is that legal?

#8 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Damonation said:
"Haha! Is that legal?"

No, not in the slightest.
#9 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"Damonation said:
"Haha! Is that legal?"

No, not in the slightest."
I'd assume it would be legal, except your warranty gets trashed.
Also, I prefer Dualshock. Call me crazy.
#10 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
atejas said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Damonation said:
"Haha! Is that legal?"

No, not in the slightest."
I'd assume it would be legal, except your warranty gets trashed.
Also, I prefer Dualshock. Call me crazy.
"

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm the son of a lawyer and I'm having trouble seeing how this could be in anyway legal. And that isn't a belligerent challange, I'm actually curious as to how it would be.
#11 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

*Challenge

Wow. >.<

#12 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"atejas said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Damonation said:
"Haha! Is that legal?"

No, not in the slightest."
I'd assume it would be legal, except your warranty gets trashed.
Also, I prefer Dualshock. Call me crazy.
"

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm the son of a lawyer and I'm having trouble seeing how this could be in anyway legal. And that isn't a belligerent challange, I'm actually curious as to how it would be."
As long as you don't try to sell the thing, or claim warranty on it, I fail to see how it would be illegal. I mean, they're both products you've purchased for your own pleasure. Sure it may be highly discouraged, but I doubt it's illegal.
#13 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

Erm, by illegal I guess I wasn't meaning that he would be legally punished for his actions; rather, this is prohibited and the console would get locked down if Sony managed to do so.

#14 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Well, I dunno, lol.

#15 Posted by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -

I actually like the PS3 controller but this is a pretty cool mod.

#16 Posted by Player1 (3850 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"atejas said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Damonation said:
"Haha! Is that legal?"

No, not in the slightest."
I'd assume it would be legal, except your warranty gets trashed.
Also, I prefer Dualshock. Call me crazy.
"

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm the son of a lawyer and I'm having trouble seeing how this could be in anyway legal. And that isn't a belligerent challange, I'm actually curious as to how it would be."
If he sold it then it would be illegal. Otherwise, it wouldn't matter at all. Its his stuff.
#17 Posted by pause422 (6170 posts) -

I'd say sell it and take a chance. Anyway, a bit late on this....I believe this was shown in early 07 initially :P

#18 Posted by Player1 (3850 posts) -
pause422 said:
"I'd say sell it and take a chance. Anyway, a bit late on this....I believe this was shown in early 07 initially :P"
I agree what the hell. People would probably pay good money for it.
#19 Edited by KamasamaK (2407 posts) -

This doesn't seem like it'd be any more illegal than selling your used controller on eBay. It's just modified using parts purchased from both controllers. I suppose if this went into production without paying the companies and using Microsoft's patented design and Sony's trademark there could be a problem.

BiggerBomb
said:

"*Challenge

Wow. >.<"
There's an edit button... I'd expect someone with as many posts as you to know that by now.

BiggerBomb said:
"Erm, by illegal I guess I wasn't meaning that he would be legally punished for his actions; rather, this is prohibited and the console would get locked down if Sony managed to do so."
Umm, no. Using third-party controllers is not prohibited and there's no reason they'd lock down your console for something so trivial.

EDIT: TESTING
#20 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -
Kamasama said:
"This doesn't seem like it'd be any more illegal than selling your used controller on eBay. It's just modified using parts purchased from both controllers. I suppose if this went into production without paying the companies and using Microsoft's patented design and Sony's trademark there could be a problem.

BiggerBomb
said:
"*Challenge

Wow. >.<"
There's an edit button... I'd expect someone with as many posts as you to know that by now.
He actually got all those posts from re-editing his prevuois posts in another post.
#21 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -

*Previous

#22 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -

Shitty? The controllers were never shitty, but I guess it comes down to personal preference. I like both the PS3 and 360 controllers.

#23 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Kamasama said:
"This doesn't seem like it'd be any more illegal than selling your used controller on eBay. It's just modified using parts purchased from both controllers. I suppose if this went into production without paying the companies and using Microsoft's patented design and Sony's trademark there could be a problem.

BiggerBomb
said:
"*Challenge

Wow. >.<"
There's an edit button... I'd expect someone with as many posts as you to know that by now.

BiggerBomb said:
"Erm, by illegal I guess I wasn't meaning that he would be legally punished for his actions; rather, this is prohibited and the console would get locked down if Sony managed to do so."
Umm, no. Using third-party controllers is not prohibited and there's no reason they'd lock down your console for something so trivial."

The edit button doesn't work, this website has many bugs...I'd expect someone who thinks he's clever to be clever.
#24 Edited by KamasamaK (2407 posts) -

Sorry, I've never had a problem with it and I've edited a few posts and seen several that have been edited, so you can imagine where I'm coming from. In fact, I just tested it (see above). I know the site has bugs, but this happens to be one I've never run into. I can see how such a bug would be difficult to fix, as reproducibility is key.

I don't see how assuming something that's worked fine for me would not be working for someone else is any less clever than re-reading a post you've written before submitting. Also, that's a lofty expectation that you would be better off without.

EDIT: TEST2

#25 Posted by LiquidPrince (15833 posts) -

Yeah, I'd rather keep my Sixaxis. I dislike the 360 controllers.

#26 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

As someone who has absolutely hated the playstation controller since the original playstation this would be absolutely amazing to have. I just would not have faith in myself actually being able to create that alone, even following instructions.

#27 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Kamasama said:
"Sorry, I've never had a problem with it and I've edited a few posts and seen several that have been edited, so you can imagine where I'm coming from. In fact, I just tested it (see above). I know the site has bugs, but this happens to be one I've never run into. I can see how such a bug would be difficult to fix, as reproducibility is key.

I don't see how assuming something that's worked fine for me would not be working for someone else is any less clever than re-reading a post you've written before submitting. Also, that's a lofty expectation that you would be better off without.

EDIT: TEST2"

What I am saying is, "Don't be a presumptuous ass."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.