If Cliff Bleszinski could have made any game in history...

#1 Posted by Icemael (6307 posts) -

...he'd choose Bayonetta.

Someone tweeted Cliff the question: "If you could attach your name to any game in history, which game do you wish you made?". Cliff answered: "Bayonetta".

The man's got taste! And talent, too. It'd be cool to see him and his team work on a beat 'em up after Gears of War 3 is done.

Link.

#2 Posted by JackSukeru (5897 posts) -

If I could have made any game in history I would have probably chosen Big Rigs, or Gods and Generals, cause that way I wouldn't ruin some other, better game.

#3 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

I wonder how long before somebody says they wanted to make Rapelay. 

That really seems weird. It does not seem like his kinda game at all.
#4 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3481 posts) -

Nice pick. Bayonetta is amazingly awesome!

#5 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Cliff's a good guy, I don't know why he gets so much hate.

#6 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

That's too  bad, he should have picked a good game. Oh well.

#7 Posted by Icemael (6307 posts) -
@RsistncE said:
" That's too  bad, he should have picked a good game. Oh well. "
It isn't surprising that someone who makes fairly complex games (in comparison with others of the same type) with tight controls, that push genres forward also likes fairly complex games with tight controls, that push genres forward.
#8 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" @RsistncE said:
It isn't surprising that someone who makes fairly complex games (in comparison with others of the same type) with tight controls, that push genres forward also likes fairly complex games with tight controls, that push genres forward. "
I partially agree with part A but completely disagree with part B.
#9 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Cliffy B is a tool. I would've chosen Tennis for Two. Or Tetris.

#10 Posted by Icemael (6307 posts) -
@RsistncE said:
" @Icemael said:
" @RsistncE said:
It isn't surprising that someone who makes fairly complex games (in comparison with others of the same type) with tight controls, that push genres forward also likes fairly complex games with tight controls, that push genres forward. "
I partially agree with part A but completely disagree with part B. "
Bayonetta isn't complex and doesn't have tight controls? 

lol. Turn the difficulty up from "Very Easy Automatic" to "Normal", "Hard" or "Infinite Climax" and try to get a decent rank on all the chapters -- then get back to me.
#11 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

Deserved, Platinum Games is a great developer. In before "herp Bayonetta is sexploitation".

#12 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" @RsistncE said:
" @Icemael said:
" @RsistncE said:
I partially agree with part A but completely disagree with part B. "
Bayonetta isn't complex and doesn't have tight controls? 

lol. Turn the difficulty up from "Very Easy Automatic" to "Normal", "Hard" or "Infinite Climax" and try to get a decent rank on all the chapters -- then get back to me. "
I don't know, I just found I didn't like the game. It was pretty cool at first but got boring about halfway through.  I played on normal by the way and I got mixed scores on the chapters (a few platinums and golds, mostly silvers and bronze etc.) 

I haven't tried Vanquish but I have a feeling I may like that one better. Techno beats and sci fi always go well together...usually.
#13 Posted by Romination (2774 posts) -
@Shirogane said:
" I wonder how long before somebody says they wanted to make Rapelay.  "
It'll be Molyneux, talking about how he could have done it better.
#14 Posted by Andrela (621 posts) -

Put chainsaws on Bayonetta's boots. Game done.

#15 Posted by Icemael (6307 posts) -
@Romination said:
" @Shirogane said:
It'll be Molyneux, talking about how he could have done it better. "
"Every rape victim has her own unique personality. Some like parks, some like dark alleys; some are happy to converse with strangers, others need you to fart for ten minutes before they like you enough to drop their guard."

"We've got this new, innovative thing called a 'dog'. It's your best friend in the game, and can sniff out hidden potential rape victims for you."

"You can plant a seed at the beginning of the game, and when you return later, it'll have become a mighty baby!"
#16 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -

Joust... can you imagine Joust with chainsaws?!

#17 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" Cliff's a good guy, I don't know why he gets so much hate. "
Agreed. He comes across as a smart guy with a lot of enthusiasm for what he does. Dude Huge is alright in my book.
#18 Posted by FlipperDesert (2081 posts) -

I would like to see his version of Braid. Actually, someone just give me a picture of Tim holding a chainsaw bayonet.

#19 Posted by Romination (2774 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" @Romination said:
" @Shirogane said:
"Every rape victim has her own unique personality. Some like parks, some like dark alleys; some are happy to converse with strangers, others need you to fart for ten minutes before they like you enough to drop their guard.""We've got this new, innovative thing called a 'dog'. It's your best friend in the game, and can sniff out hidden potential rape victims for you.""You can plant a seed at the beginning of the game, and when you return later, it'll have become a mighty baby!" "
"The way you rape your victims will determine things later in the game. We have a morality system built in to be able to tell how sick and twisted you are, and they could return later one to seek their revenge." 

"My balls"
#20 Posted by captain_clayman (3318 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" @Romination said:
" @Shirogane said:
"Every rape victim has her own unique personality. Some like parks, some like dark alleys; some are happy to converse with strangers, others need you to fart for ten minutes before they like you enough to drop their guard.""We've got this new, innovative thing called a 'dog'. It's your best friend in the game, and can sniff out hidden potential rape victims for you.""You can plant a seed at the beginning of the game, and when you return later, it'll have become a mighty baby!" "
BAHAHAHA
#21 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2717 posts) -

Thanks for letting us know, I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.