Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Clive Barker's Jericho

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 23, 2007

A squad-based FPS with a story by the acclaimed horror writer Clive Barker. The player controls a team of seven characters, equipped with both firearms and supernatural powers, as they uncover the secrets of an ancient Middle Eastern city full of ghastly creatures.

Shooting brown things that bleed brown in brown environments

emnii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 9

Edited By emnii

No, I'm not deployed again, I'm just playing Clive Barker's Jericho! Ha!

Seriously. Can this game get more brown? I'm in the World War 2 period of it and I'm not shooting undead nazis, I'm shooting big brown monsters with chainguns and flamethrowers. At one point I was shooting a dead woman with a German accent named Lichthammer whom I assume was in nazi regalia but I can't be sure because everything was brown. I could only tell by her stylish hat.

And the voice acting. It's god awful. I want to strangle Father Rawlings and Delgado and I'm positive I only don't hate the rest of the characters because they don't talk as much as those two. The best one so far is Arnold Leach and he has barely spoken at all.

This is all such a far cry from Undying it's unreal. Undying was a colorful, well voiced, genuinely scary game. The best I can say about Jericho is that the fiction is pretty good (but not as good as Undying so far) and Leach is a well designed monster. He looks like he's straight out of Hellraiser. The concept art is impressive but seeing him in motion at the end of the first section of the game is damned near terrifying.

I know Undying didn't sell well, despite being a great game, so that probably limited Clive Barker's options for studios willing to take the risk in developing another game for him (especially after Demonik was cancelled) but I do hope if he has it in him to give us another game he shops it around until it gets picked up by a studio that can do him some justice and stays involved in it's development. Until I get further all I can tell is that he gave the studio a script and a couple of concept sketches and let them fill in the blanks and when his name is in the title, it really only hurts his reputation that this game turned out to be a big disappointment.
    emnii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By emnii

No, I'm not deployed again, I'm just playing Clive Barker's Jericho! Ha!

Seriously. Can this game get more brown? I'm in the World War 2 period of it and I'm not shooting undead nazis, I'm shooting big brown monsters with chainguns and flamethrowers. At one point I was shooting a dead woman with a German accent named Lichthammer whom I assume was in nazi regalia but I can't be sure because everything was brown. I could only tell by her stylish hat.

And the voice acting. It's god awful. I want to strangle Father Rawlings and Delgado and I'm positive I only don't hate the rest of the characters because they don't talk as much as those two. The best one so far is Arnold Leach and he has barely spoken at all.

This is all such a far cry from Undying it's unreal. Undying was a colorful, well voiced, genuinely scary game. The best I can say about Jericho is that the fiction is pretty good (but not as good as Undying so far) and Leach is a well designed monster. He looks like he's straight out of Hellraiser. The concept art is impressive but seeing him in motion at the end of the first section of the game is damned near terrifying.

I know Undying didn't sell well, despite being a great game, so that probably limited Clive Barker's options for studios willing to take the risk in developing another game for him (especially after Demonik was cancelled) but I do hope if he has it in him to give us another game he shops it around until it gets picked up by a studio that can do him some justice and stays involved in it's development. Until I get further all I can tell is that he gave the studio a script and a couple of concept sketches and let them fill in the blanks and when his name is in the title, it really only hurts his reputation that this game turned out to be a big disappointment.
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

I thought you meant the Great Mighty Poo stage in Conker.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Seedofpower

you should copy and paste this into a review. Happy I didn't buy it.
    emnii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By emnii
    @Seedofpower: I'll review it once I finish the game. I'm not even halfway through yet though, so I'm beginning to wonder if I even will. I think if the story can keep me hooked I might make it even if the desire to see something other than brown doesn't. 

Also, I got this at Best Buy when they dropped the price to $10. Glad I held out for that sale! I'd feel like a real sucker if I had paid full price for this!
    macinnis75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@emnii Are you ever going to write that review?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.