The Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog wiki last edited by Peever on 07/21/13 06:18PM
View full history
This game details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Developed by Matrix Games. It maintains the well-known 2D look. The engine has been updated to support 32-bit graphics. Matrix Games reveals that the next game in the series will be a full 3D title.
The game ships with 35 realistic maps.
- Completely redone and revitalized 32-bit graphics give the game an all-new look and feel.
- Issues orders to your major units on a strategic level, and then fight each engagement at the tactical level.
- Accurately depicts World War II tactical warfare and its challenges in real-time.
- Proven psychological model influences the behavior of your men in combat.
- Each individual soldier may tire, gain experience, and gain or lose morale after every battle. Manage your forces and preserve your veteran soldiers to field the most effective force possible.
- Includes a wide variety of historical squads, weapons, vehicles, aircraft, and artillery.
- Mount troops or guns on vehicles during tactical battles.
- Accurate and realistic equipment modeling.
- Weather conditions, including night and fog influence the battle at all levels.
- Use strategic-level air and artillery interdiction to block or slow the movement of enemy forces.
- Call in close air support, mortar support, and indirect fire support at the tactical level.
- Integrated multi-player lobby and match-making forums.
- Enhanced Scenario Editor - Create your own "what if" Scenarios.
- A host of adjustable game settings including speed scroll speed, sound volume, and UI layout.
- Enhanced to run well on modern DirectX systems
- Enjoy the huge variety of modifications available from the Close Combat Community providing years of additional gaming pleasure.
Windows XP SP2+ / Vista / 7CPU:
800 MHz CPU (1.5GHz+ recommended)RAM:
1GB (2GB recommended.)Video:
256MB Video RAM (512MB recommended.) DirectX 9 compatible and capable of 1024 x 768 resolution or higher.Sound:
16-bit DirectX 9 compatible sound cardHard disk space:
Yes, for physical versionDirectX Version:
PDF (Download and Physical) and Full Color Printed Manual (Physical version only)Resolution:
Variable, 1024x768 minimum
An Internet connection is required for 2-player head to head play.