Demo impressions ...

#1 Posted by spankingaddict (2740 posts) -

I've just finished the demo on Psn . It seems like clever , unique puzzle game . Thought it was great demo , and it was the first time in a while that I was disappointed that the demo ended :D I wasn't following this game till tonight . Now , to see and wait what the experts think about this game :P

So , what do the rest of you guys think of the demo ? And if you've unlocked the full game and finished it , I'd love to know what you thought about it ...

Very cool font
#2 Posted by AssInAss (2747 posts) -

Yeah, awesome demo, got me hooked. Buying it today.

It isn't often a game hurts my head like Braid, but this did it. Very unique mechanic.

I don't even know how to describe the soundtrack, very creepy but also a bit funky sometimes. Also, going into water with the music is cool.

It's made by 2 guys, but I hope for a Steam release so I can double dip too. :D

#3 Posted by TheAsianInvasion (13 posts) -

I know one of the guys who made this, from my hometown. pretty cool dude

#4 Posted by IAmNotBatman (656 posts) -

I'm a sucker for this kind of thing, that money has pretty much already left my bank account.

#5 Posted by dvdhaus (357 posts) -

I bought this after Patrick did the QL and this game is awesome. I already got stuck on 1-15, but looks like you can start world 2 and 3 without having to beat world 1.

#6 Posted by Tearhead (2218 posts) -

Just finished the game and got that 100% completion trophy. Thought the game was great overall, but some of the puzzles ask for more precision that the game is capable of doing, which lead to some trial and error frustration. The concept going in (that something only exists if light is shone on it) was tricky at first, but I love how at the end of the game you fully understand and are comfortable with the logic of which this world works.

#7 Posted by Nadafinga (959 posts) -

@Tearhead said:

Just finished the game and got that 100% completion trophy. Thought the game was great overall, but some of the puzzles ask for more precision that the game is capable of doing, which lead to some trial and error frustration. The concept going in (that something only exists if light is shone on it) was tricky at first, but I love how at the end of the game you fully understand and are comfortable with the logic of which this world works.

I got most of the moths on my own, but had to look up walkthoughs for the last few that I couldn't figure out.

Now I'm stuck at level 6 in the final "purgatory" levels. I had little trouble with the three main worlds, but these last few are pretty tough.

#8 Edited by Tearhead (2218 posts) -

@Nadafinga said:

@Tearhead said:

I got most of the moths on my own, but had to look up walkthoughs for the last few that I couldn't figure out.

Now I'm stuck at level 6 in the final "purgatory" levels. I had little trouble with the three main worlds, but these last few are pretty tough.

Yep. That level specifically was the hardest one for me. I figured out how you were supposed to use the light sources, but the hard part was getting back to that damned key. The infuriating part, was that once I knew how to solve the puzzle, the jumping on the edges of the light sources was fucking me up. I never used a walkthrough though, as the twinkling sound the moths make usually pointed me in the right direction.

#9 Posted by Nadafinga (959 posts) -

@Tearhead said:

@Nadafinga said:

@Tearhead said:

Yep. That level specifically was the hardest one for me. I figured out how you were supposed to use the light sources, but the hard part was getting back to that damned key. The infuriating part, was that once I knew how to solve the puzzle, the jumping on the edges of the light sources was fucking me up. I never used a walkthrough though, as the twinkling sound the moths make usually pointed me in the right direction.

After pure frustration, I finally just looked up a walkthrough for level 6. I got through the rest of those Purgatory levels OK, but level 6 totally stumped me.

In all, I thought this was a GREAT little puzzle game. I really enjoyed it...it might even make it into my top ten for the year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.