Is this game not out in the UK or Europe?

#1 Edited by IAmNotBatman (629 posts) -

So yeah, I was just about to buy this game only to not be able to find it on PSN. Is there an announcement I missed or something? Will it be coming out later where I live for whatever reason? When I use the word "Closure" in the PSN search bar it just comes up with some Rock Band song...

#2 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

Can't help you duder, sorry.

#3 Posted by jonschubbe (7 posts) -

@IAmNotBatman: No EU just yet, sorry. Switching PSN accounts to a NA account should allow you to download it. But we are working on an EU release. Business just takes longer overseas and we already rushed to finish to fit the game into PSN's Spring Fever promotion as it was.

#4 Posted by jonschubbe (7 posts) -

@IAmNotBatman: Look at it as in it came out Early for NA, not necessarily Late for EU

#5 Posted by mosespippy (4115 posts) -
#6 Posted by IAmNotBatman (629 posts) -

@jonschubbe: Ah ok, thats kinda annoying, but I understand, I'll get it when it comes 'round over to European shores. Thanks for the fast reply, shows that you guys care! If you are who you're making out to be that is.

#7 Posted by AssInAss (2618 posts) -

I made a US account and bought it.

#8 Posted by jonschubbe (7 posts) -

@IAmNotBatman: Yep, sorry. Business is business. We make the game as best it can be, sometimes things are out of our control.

#9 Posted by fisk0 (4031 posts) -

Isn't creating a US account strictly speaking a breach of the terms of service? I'm looking forward to this, but I think I'll be waiting for the EU release. :)

#10 Posted by Huxley (8 posts) -

Business is Business is bad Business then I guess.

All the hype for this game is NOW. I was set to buy this game, but maybe in a few weeks I'll forget or something else will come along and distract me / take my money.

Staggered releases in a digital age make no sense at all. Pisses me off greatly.

#11 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@jonschubbe said:

@IAmNotBatman: Yep, sorry. Business is business. We make the game as best it can be, sometimes things are out of our control.

Damn, in that case I'm tempted to buy a US psn card online. First game in a while that's really grabbed me - too bad the publicity has been low. From the demo I noticed I could enter 3 of the main doors, so are they similar in difficulty or should they be tackled in order?

#12 Posted by jonschubbe (7 posts) -

@Huxley said:

Business is Business is bad Business then I guess.

All the hype for this game is NOW. I was set to buy this game, but maybe in a few weeks I'll forget or something else will come along and distract me / take my money.

Staggered releases in a digital age make no sense at all. Pisses me off greatly.

This is the same thing as saying 'You did bad business because you also didn't release for XBLA'. We don't call all the shots, it's a couple people dealing with entire teams of Sony in different departments, while also trying to finish the game earlier than planned to make it in time for the promotion. We would love it if the different departments came to OUR TEAM and consistently made sure our business was taken care of, but we are self published so it doesn't work that way.

#13 Posted by Huxley (8 posts) -

I hope the promotional period paid off then. Personally I hear more hype about steam sales these days than whatever the consoles are doing.

#14 Posted by IAmNotBatman (629 posts) -

Sooo, still no word on this? Any news?

#15 Posted by d0rks (73 posts) -

@IAmNotBatman said:

Sooo, still no word on this? Any news?

No news, but latest words (yesterday, via facebook) are:

Sometime early summer hopefully. We're still working out business with that part of the company
#16 Posted by JohnLocke (255 posts) -

Any more news on this? The quick look has made me interested but I can not find any info on if or when this game will come to European Playstation Network).

#17 Posted by JohnLocke (255 posts) -

So yeah any news on this? Sorry to bump this again but I really liked the quick look but Sony Europe did not have it on the store update again.

#18 Posted by NorseDudeTR (423 posts) -

If this is released concurrently on PSN and Steam here in Europe, I´ll have to decide where to get it. Laptop or big screen? Who can say. Seems like it would work on both.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.