Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Club Nintendo

Concept »

A service allowing consumers to obtain limited edition items with points accumulated through purchase of Nintendo products. Several titles have been released exclusively for this purpose. The program was discontinued in September 2015.

Club Nintendo Rewards 2012

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Omega

I don't know if there has been a topic yet but this years club nintendo gold and platinum rewards are ready to be redeemed.

Platinum members can get any of the 7 choices but 2 are exclusive to them.

Limited Edition Platinum Poster Set
    Limited Edition Platinum Poster Set
    Platinum Mario Playing Cards
    Platinum Mario Playing Cards
    Nintendo Calendar
    Nintendo Calendar

The poster set and cards are platinum members only but gold members need not settle for a calendar they can also chose from some classic Nintendo games

Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask

Metroid 2: Return of Samus

Mario vs. Donkey Kong Minis March Again

Super Mario Kart

It's cool that they included some alternatives, but I can just as easily buy those games with money. I'd rather go with one of the items that can't be bought without an ebay account. Personally I'm kinda digging the Platinum cards. What are you guys going to pick?

Edit: sorry about the way my post is formatted everything was fine until I posted it and it went all crazy. I can never get videos to embed or images to post correctly. Oh well...

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By crusader8463

Fuck this blows. After last year getting that awesome statue I was hoping this year would be something cool, but of course the one year I get the 600+ points is the off year with crappy prizes. None of those games interest me at all, those posters look bad, and a calendar just gets thrown away. I guess I will go with the p laying cards, but I know they are just going to sit on a shelf collecting dust until I get tired of picking them up off the floor all the time as they get knocked over and throw them away. RAGE! So annoyed right now.

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Mendelson9

I wish they were better, I still have other Club Nintendo posters that I have not framed yet.

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pw2566ch

I already claimed Metroid II. I don't care what anyone says. A free game is awesome.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

I went with the cards, but yeah, the prizes this year are pretty crap. I'm honestly not that crazy about the Mario statue from last year.

I wish I had registered my stuff the year before, and got that downloadable Punch-Out!! game where you fight Doc, which they never sold later because Nintendo doesn't want my money apparently.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#6  Edited By pyromagnestir

I got Super Mario Kart. I was cool with it.

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MAGZine

Will probably take Majora's Mask. The posters were pretty lame, IMO, calendar meh. Cards looked probably the best, but I'm not plat.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By TehFlan

I ordered the cards. They look pretty rad, and I often play card games with friends, so they'll get some use.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Hunter5024

The negativity here is a little disappointing. They're giving us free stuff! I now have a free copy of my favorite Zelda game that I haven't been able to play for years. Just for basically being a fan. That's pretty cool of them.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By crusader8463

@Hunter5024: It's not free though. I had to buy close to a thousand dollars worth of systems and games over the year to get these points to qualify. I fail to see what's wrong with being disappointed with the selection when after working towards that goal for over a year I finally get to see the prize at the end of the road and have it be cheap/ugly crap. The whole point of the reward system is some kind of cool collectable thing that you can only get by being a fan of Nintendos stuff and have been able to prove it by spending a rather large sum of money on their products in a years time. So to have that reward be a cheap deck of cards, some crappy posters, a couple downloadable games and a calendar that you will throw away in a years time is a major let down. Especially after years past where they gave away a cool statue.

UltorOscariot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#11  Edited By UltorOscariot

I'll probably order the cards. Already got more game wall art between my Mass Effect 2, Portal 2, and Team Fortress 2 lithographs and Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 posters than I have walls to tastefully display them. Not as good as the statue from 2 years ago, but I like the cards more than the crappy Hot Topic-esque buttons from last year.

JohnnyAutoFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By JohnnyAutoFire

I picked up Metroid 2 Return of Samus. I'm a pretty big fan of the Metroid games, and for some reason I had never played this one. I finished it last night and thought it was an awesome game, although I wish it had a little more music. I don't really get why people are so mad about this, since Nintendo doesn't have to give anybody anything.

DxBecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By DxBecks

I picked up the playing cards, which are solid plastic by the way. I feel the prizes this year are a little disappointing. Some of the games Nintendo has offered as rewards redeemable with coins for everyone before, and the other games that weren't I can purchase. To me the rewards for Gold and Platinum members should be some cool collectible item, not ROM's that I can purchase on the e-Shop.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Hunter5024

@crusader8463 said:

@Hunter5024: It's not free though. I had to buy close to a thousand dollars worth of systems and games over the year to get these points to qualify. I fail to see what's wrong with being disappointed with the selection when after working towards that goal for over a year I finally get to see the prize at the end of the road and have it be cheap/ugly crap. The whole point of the reward system is some kind of cool collectable thing that you can only get by being a fan of Nintendos stuff and have been able to prove it by spending a rather large sum of money on their products in a years time. So to have that reward be a cheap deck of cards, some crappy posters, a couple downloadable games and a calendar that you will throw away in a years time is a major let down. Especially after years past where they gave away a cool statue.

The reality is you bought those products to own those products, they are giving you a gift as thanks for doing that. You can look at it like you bought thousands of dollars worth of merchandise to earn a prize that you don't care for, but that only makes them look cheap and you look crazy and feel disappointed. Personally I'd rather appreciate that they are doing it at all then make myself feel bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.