Has anyone ordered something besides the Game & Watch game?

#1 Posted by dantebk (218 posts) -

I have 640 coins now, so I'm trying to save up for the Game & Watch game.  I have a feeling I'll be terribly disappointed (I have Game & Watch Gallery 2 for the GBC and don't like it at all) but it's an exclusive game, and the only thing that seems worth the effort of getting these coins.

I was just wondering if anyone on here has ordered something besides the game.  Has anyone gotten the Hanafuda cards?  Is the card holder/stylus set pretty nifty?  The Mario hat bookends?  Let me know.

#2 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Im a platinum member but im saving my points for something i actually want. 

#3 Edited by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

You are right, Game & Watch games are garbage, don't play them.

I actually really want this, but I like my DS and my games to be in the same case. But that's just me. I'd probably get this and put it on my shelf.

Actually, I should probably buy some Nintendo shit first, I don't have any coins...

#4 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

I got the Animal Crossing cards. They're awesome.

As someone who's played the Game and Watch thing from the Club, my suggestion is this: Don't get it. It's got like two not-very-good-games. I played it for three minutes and never touched it again.

#5 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -
License_To_Bill said:
"I got the Animal Crossing cards. They're awesome.As someone who's played the Game and Watch thing from the Club, my suggestion is this: Don't get it. It's got like two not-very-good-games. I played it for three minutes and never touched it again."
I just got it because of the sub-par selection on there currently. I also got the little Mario hat book-end type thing.
#6 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

I almost got the DS protective case until I read more about the DSi. Since I plan on getting a DSi at some point in the future, I'm probably not going to get that case now, since it probably won't fit.

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -
TooWalrus said:
"You are right, Game & Watch games are garbage, don't play them.

I actually really want this, but I like my DS and my games to be in the same case. But that's just me. I'd probably get this and put it on my shelf.Actually, I should probably buy some Nintendo shit first, I don't have any coins..."
I also want the Mario Stylus case but, I bought the Game & Watch game......   The reason I got it was because I didn't know that the DS Lite Styluses could fit into my DSi before I ordered it.  Oh well, maybe I just start saving up for that or those cool cards that are 800 coins.
#8 Posted by Mercator (365 posts) -

When all is said and done the Game and Watch game will probably be one of the rarer DS games...and you see how rare games sell.

It is probably has the biggest shot of being worth something in the future.

#9 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

The real problem is most of this stuff only supports DS lite equipment. 

#10 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -
Godwind said:
"The real problem is most of this stuff only supports DS lite equipment.  "
The real problem is most of it is boring. Who actually carries around enough styli to need a package for it? Doesn't the one in your DS work just fine?
#11 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
Azteris said:
"Godwind said:
"The real problem is most of this stuff only supports DS lite equipment.  "
The real problem is most of it is boring. Who actually carries around enough styli to need a package for it? Doesn't the one in your DS work just fine?"
I'll probably get the game and watch collection.  I am a dipshit that way.
#12 Posted by dantebk (218 posts) -

Just the potential rarity of the G&W Collection is what gives it some appeal.  On the other hand, the Hanafuda cards are pretty cool looking, though I have no idea how to play with them.  On the other other hand, I could probably just buy (non-Club Nintendo) Hanafuda cards for a few dollars and then I'd own both.

Has anyone played Hanafuda cards?  Are they fun?

#13 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#14 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Club Nintendo doesn't exist here in Norway. Such a shame.

#15 Posted by DrRandle (1205 posts) -

I find the Hanafuda cards quite entertaining and classy, myself.

#16 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

I got the Mario game and stylus case. It's a pretty nice case, but I have like ten styluses now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.