I Earned 5000 Stars Taking Surveys On Club Nintendo Last Night

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Yesterday evening I realised that I had more than a 100 surveys waiting for me on my Club Nintendo account, each giving away 50 stars for completion. I had no fricking idea they existed!, I've never noticed the blue tabs before (?), but after switching my display preferences to a 100 games per page, I was amazed at what I saw. I had assumed you don't get reward Stars for Virtual Console games, and you don't, but it seems you do for questionnaires based on those games:

I have 97 Virtual Console games in total, so you can imagine how happy I was when I scrolled through my account pages to find more than 100 surveys waiting for me. Knowing I had that many stars ready in wait, stars that I would turn into Wii Points, I got to work straight away. Last night I stayed up drinking coffee taking more than a 100 surveys on all the games that I own, They were very short surveys, not much of a chore at all, in fact some of them were actually quite fun in all honesty. I also wanted to make them useful to Nintendo, so I made them all honest too. I was pretty scathing on some lol, I also, on every single one I made sure I clicked the "not satisfied at all" with the Virtual Console option, and selected the "never" option whenever possible, lol.

Anyway, I earned myself 5000 Stars + in the process, and after the woeful BS I had to endure yesterday after updating my Wii to find Nintendo had deleted all 97 on my Virtual Console games...I'm pretty ******* happy today :D
#2 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

Holy crap!

#3 Posted by Protoroll (344 posts) -

All power to you man. That was one epic feat you accomplished. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. 

#4 Posted by Fallen189 (4918 posts) -

"And all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

#5 Posted by Protoroll (344 posts) -
@Fallen189 said:
" "And all I got was this lousy t-shirt" "
+1
#6 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Congrats, I'll go do the same thing now, but could you explain to me how and where do I do it

#7 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

I can't even link my shop account to my club nintendo profile...

#8 Posted by JosephBarron (137 posts) -

That's freakin' awesome. I had no idea you could register Virtual Console games. I just got me 500 free Wii Points :D

#9 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
@addictedtopinescent said:
" Congrats, I'll go do the same thing now, but could you explain to me how and where do I do it "

Log into your Club Nintendo account and click "My Account, then scroll down right to the bottom of the page and click this:

Any blue tabs will indicate if you have a survey waiting for you, and in turn 50 Stars.

This is for the European Club Nintendo, the US one may differ slightly...

#10 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
@JosephBarron said:
" That's freakin' awesome. I had no idea you could register Virtual Console games. I just got me 500 free Wii Points :D "

You don't, we in Europe have the option to link our Club Nintendo accounts to our Wii's, so when we buy any Virtual Console game our account is automatically updated.

#11 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

It's been a while since I last tried doing that, where do I go to try and link it again? Maybe it works now... Last time (when I first got the Wii online I think) it didn't have room for enough characters to fit my club Nintendo login... Yeah, weird...

#12 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

You just type your email address and it does the rest.

#13 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Type it where? I don't see the option. That's what I was asking.

#14 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
#15 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Dur, Club Nintendo logo clickage. I was scared it was a 1-time thing at the beginning since it's not in the list of the other 3 settings.

Edit: I don't have that under settings... I only have:
Wii Download Ticker
Gift Settings
Remove Wii Shop Channel Account

No other icons or anything, just Back, ?, and that up arrow icon which is to go back also...

#16 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

I guess it must not be available in your region of Europe.

#17 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

I was doing a google search for the issue and it showed a youtube video and someone had this comment on it:

"PEOPLE! Stop screaming.
This video is old, an update removed the option.
Even Nintendo have not updated their FAQ!"

What? :S

#18 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Well I guess that means those that did link at the time have a steady stream of stars whenever they buy VC or Wiiware games, or DSiWare games, DSiWare games show on my account also. The linking option is available on the DSi.

#19 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

I just don't see why they'd remove it, yet still support it with surveys and stuff for people who had registered... Unless they intent to bring it back later for some reason, working on the backend or whatever... Oh well :S

#20 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
#21 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:  

Awesome, I have been getting my points from Virtual Console games for a while now :D. 
You also seem to play more Nintendo console games then me, so if you don't mind me asking what is your   
Total Stars earned since registration
#22 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Let me take a look.  

#23 Edited by JudgeDread (570 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:

" I guess it must not be available in your region of Europe. "

that is fixable
if you like me live in a country not recieving Nintendos love you just go into the wii setup menu and change the country to England. Not only can you then register games for stars on Nintendo Club but the price for nintendo points are probably much cheaper than buying on a system in the real country. I pay quite a lot less for points on my UK-registered Wii in Sweden than I did when it was registered to be in Sweden.

For me I only will get points for answering questions on 4 of my 15 registered products VC games. Maybe because I barely have touched my wii.
#24 Posted by Mushir (2388 posts) -

So pissed that this Club Nintendo thing doesn't exist in Norway.

#25 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
@JudgeDread said:
" @Linkyshinks said:

" I guess it must not be available in your region of Europe. "

that is fixable if you like me live in a country not recieving Nintendos love you just go into the wii setup menu and change the country to England. Not only can you then register games for stars on Nintendo Club but the price for nintendo points are probably much cheaper than buying on a system in the real country. I pay quite a lot less for points on my UK-registered Wii in Sweden than I did when it was registered to be in Sweden.    For me I only will get points for answering questions on 4 of my 15 registered products VC games. Maybe because I barely have touched my wii. "

We weren't talking about that, he was asking about the linking option, of linking your Wii to your Club Nintendo account from the Wii. It was a feature of the Wii once.
#26 Posted by JudgeDread (570 posts) -
@Twilight said:
" So pissed that this Club Nintendo thing doesn't exist in Norway. "
Read my post
@Linkyshinks said:

We weren't talking about that, he was asking about the linking option, of linking your Wii to your Club Nintendo account from the Wii. It was a feature of the Wii once. "
im pretty sure thats what I did this Autumn. I can register games on club nintendo page, get stars, change stars into points redeem code, use code on my swedish wii (setup as british)
#27 Posted by Mushir (2388 posts) -
@JudgeDread said:
" @Twilight said:
Read my post
@Linkyshinks said:

We weren't talking about that, he was asking about the linking option, of linking your Wii to your Club Nintendo account from the Wii. It was a feature of the Wii once. "
im pretty sure thats what I did this Autumn. I can register games on club nintendo page, get stars, change stars into points redeem code, use code on my swedish wii (setup as british) "
But do the games in Sweden come with that code you need to redeem points. Because I don't believe the ones in Norway do. And have you received any stuff from them?
#28 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

Wow, thanks for pointing this out.  Unfortunately I don't own many Wiiware games, but the extra stars always help.
It's nice that they finally got around to frequently updating the store, but it's still too difficult to make a decent amount of points and our amount of content is still embarrassingly limited compard to the US and Japanese equivalents.

#29 Posted by CABBAGES (496 posts) -

i had 1000s of stars from registering games and a few wiis and stuff but one day they deleted them all ! 
Use them as soon as you can as they will delete them all after a while :( 
Now i dongt bother registering nintendo things in my account and infact i dont really buy much anymore anyway.
#30 Posted by JudgeDread (570 posts) -
@Twilight said:
" @JudgeDread said:
" @Twilight said:
Read my post
@Linkyshinks said:

im pretty sure thats what I did this Autumn. I can register games on club nintendo page, get stars, change stars into points redeem code, use code on my swedish wii (setup as british) "
But do the games in Sweden come with that code you need to redeem points. Because I don't believe the ones in Norway do. And have you received any stuff from them? "
no, I import most of my games from the UK. Its much cheaper that way. I did get some stars for wii-fit which I bought in Sweden though.
#31 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

Aw, just noticed they don't have any Pikmin plushies left.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.