Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Club Nintendo

Concept »

A service allowing consumers to obtain limited edition items with points accumulated through purchase of Nintendo products. Several titles have been released exclusively for this purpose. The program was discontinued in September 2015.

Nintendo revises privacy policy with threats to cut you off

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969

Want privacy? Well Nintendo thinks it will just take your Club Nintendo account away, your stars, and then go home. At least that is what it seems to be saying in this article.

Punitive action for wanting some semblance of privacy with your data.  Is that REALLY what you want to be saying Nintendo?  You mean there is no compromise between sharing data and getting some benefits for buying and playing Nintendo products?  That just sounds wrongheaded.  I can see where if you do not provide an address they cannot ship you key-fobs, or if you do not provide an e-mail address, they cannot send you contest information.  However, why can't I join a CLUB?   Why can't I accumulate stars unless I give you cart-blanch to my data?    

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

Huh?

What are you even talking about?  You're not providing any links or anything, and I haven't gotten any notices from Club Nintendo regarding any changes in policy.

Also, it's "carte blanche."

moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By moelarrycurly
    @Hailinel said:
    " Huh?
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Contro

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.