Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Club Nintendo

Concept »

A service allowing consumers to obtain limited edition items with points accumulated through purchase of Nintendo products. Several titles have been released exclusively for this purpose. The program was discontinued in September 2015.

What 2013 reward did you/ will you get?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

No Caption Provided

I personally got the three posters.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game. The soundtrack seemed like the most obvious choice for me. Plus if it's in a jewel case, it'll go nicely with my Orcarina of Time 3D Soundtrack on the shelf.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Wow. The grand platinum reward for this year is a soundtrack? Not even a mask? Glad I stopped trying to earn coins after the pin set.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I want that Wind Waker poster pretty bad, but apparently I was too late redeeming my stuff to apply for this year.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SuperWristBands

@zeik said:

I want that Wind Waker poster pretty bad

yeah that poster looks hawt. Too bad I am only gold. I guess I'll get the calender... there is no other gold option that is appealing to me.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Was gold again this year, so I got the 2014 calendar.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Only having Gold, I decided on Sakura Samurai. Might get a good blog out of it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Anyone who gets Super Mario Land is kind of a chump. Isn't that game dramatically cheaper than all of the other 3DSWare/Virtual Console games on offer? And like, sure, Super Mario Land is kinda good for how totally nuts and not-Mario its levels are, but it's certainly not as phenomenally great as 6 Golden Coins, which is straight up ballertown.

I think I'll get the Majora's Mask soundtrack, because I love that game. Do they just have a warehouse full of Majora's Mask soundtracks left over from some decade-old promotion? Because that's such a random inclusion. Wouldn't the soundtrack of Wind Waker be more on-message this year, like the poster? Or hell, something Link to the Past-related, to fit with the 3DS sequel?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot to register all of my stuff before now. So, I guess I'm too late. I'd probably get the Link's Awakening DX.

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Got Sakura Samurai even though i was platinum, i've been wanting to check out the game for a while and nothing else really caught my eye

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Do they just have a warehouse full of Majora's Mask soundtracks left over from some decade-old promotion? Because that's such a random inclusion. Wouldn't the soundtrack of Wind Waker be more on-message this year, like the poster? Or hell, something Link to the Past-related, to fit with the 3DS sequel?

Maybe they are doing this to tease a new Majora's Mask?

Ah who am I kidding, that is way too clever for Nintendo.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

I'm not satisfied with this years selection at all. =-( I'm severely disappointed. Damn it Nintendo! I might as well get the soundtrack from my least favorite "3D" Zelda game, because the games are shit, and the posters aren't really that great! I don't even collect posters! The calendar is a gold reward, and I'm a platinum this year. Thanks Nintendo for nothing!

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

Cannot believe they didn't put the moon on the disc label.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By confusedowl

I didn't even get gold this year. Kind of sad but oh well. I wouldn't have minded the Wind Waker posters.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#15 riostarwind  Moderator

Since I already got last year's poster set I'll go with the Majora's Mask OST.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The soundtrack or posters would be cool if I wasn't lazy and completed some surveys. Apparently if you wait a bit you can sell those things for a good wad of cash on eBay.

Since I'm Gold, I dunno. The only one of those games I don't have is Sakura Samurai, and that doesn't look very good. (Anyone have experience with this game?) Might get the calender or if I'm feeling generous give a game to someone.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezakael said:

I didn't even get gold this year. Kind of sad but oh well. I wouldn't have minded the Wind Waker posters.

Yeah, it wasn't a great year for Nintendo-published games (aka Club Nintendo Coins), at least as far as stuff I would ever consider buying. Lemme break it down, and hope someone appreciates it.

July 2012 - December 2012 was a barren wasteland, unless you were one of the few who was determined to get a launch Wii U and some games. Aside from that, there was a Prof. Layton (if you're not too burnt out on the series), and a Paper Mario (which is possibly the weakest Paper Mario because they simplified the battle system and really stripped down the world by basically only have one main town and not a lot of original, interesting party members or NPCs or enemies).

January 2013 - June 2013 was better, at least in terms of having solid 3DS games worth getting like Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Luigi's Mansion, and Animal Crossing. Wii U releases still pretty light, and maybe not worth getting (Game & Wario is good, and I guess it's cheap, but man, it's just not WarioWare).

Still, I only made Platinum because I got a 3DS in February (still don't have a Wii. Had I bought that last year or something, there really weren't enough games worth buying this year to come anywhere close to Platinum.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I saw a golden badge on the top corner of my screen and was ready to claim Sakura Samurai as my reward.

Then I realized that it was just telling me how many coins I needed to reach Gold status. I feel so sad ;__;

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.