Where my Platinum brothers and sisters at?

#1 Edited by DarthOrange (3810 posts) -

How many of you have reached Platinum status on Club Nintendo this go around? I just barely made it this time and I ended up buying three games to push me into Platinum (and I own a Wii U!). I recommend anyone who is close to pick up Metroid: Other M on Amazon. It is $10 and worth 50 points.

All of the coins!

So do you guys care about Club Nintendo? And did you reach Gold or Platinum status this year?

#2 Edited by jeffrud (382 posts) -

I made Platinum this year as well. I am both incredibly proud and deeply ashamed of this.

Also, people looking for a good points-to-dollars spread on a good game could also grab Sin & Punishment: Star Successor.

#3 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Yeah man I love Bayonetta!

#4 Posted by afjkidd5 (97 posts) -

I am Platinum for the first time because I never used to redeem any of the stuff I bought. I redeemed games and systems purchased over the years and reached it in no time. I even have some stuff in reserve that might get me most of the way there for next year.

#5 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

What does Platinum get you?

#6 Posted by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

@darthorange: what do you get when you reach platinum status?

#7 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2284 posts) -

I'm pretty close. I just hope this years platinum reward isn't totally lame like last year.

#8 Posted by DarthOrange (3810 posts) -

What does Platinum get you?

@darthorange: what do you get when you reach platinum status?

It is different each year. Last year it was a deck of cards, the year before that it was pins, the year before that it was a figure.

#9 Edited by JJOR64 (18885 posts) -

Plat here. :-)

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (35823 posts) -

Only Gold :(.

#11 Posted by JJOR64 (18885 posts) -
#12 Posted by Deakor (39 posts) -

Platinum here for the second straight year. Hoping the reward this year is better than the deck of playing cards from last.

#13 Edited by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Platinum represent!

#14 Posted by JJOR64 (18885 posts) -

Looking at my coins and I have coins expiring June 30th, 2012. That was last year.

#15 Edited by AltonBrown (948 posts) -

Platinum here, too.

#16 Edited by vinone (127 posts) -

I'm 80 coins away... :/ So I'm buying Metroid and Sin and Punishment I guess.... Fortune Street is also on sale for 13 bucks.

#17 Edited by strictlystyles (2 posts) -

Just platinumed twice. I always make sure i get two prizes a year.Too bad the last two years the prizes have sucked. Like posters, for real?!

#18 Posted by Hector (3352 posts) -

Can't wait to find out what we're getting this year!

#19 Posted by StarvingGamer (7915 posts) -

Ugh, I haven't even golded yet this year, WTF Nintendo.

#20 Posted by GunstarRed (4996 posts) -

We don't even have a little card like that in the UK. We still have stars and no coins. Thanks Nintendo.

#21 Posted by rye256 (114 posts) -

I am 45 points from Platinum, but probably will be selling my Wii. If I don't get those last 45 points out of 3DS titles, then I guess I won't get there.

I did get a sweet shirt from Club Nintendo last month. The Super Mario Bros. NES one with lots of characters in their 8-bit glory. I was surprised there was a character whose name I did not know, Blooper, the squid.

Lot of Club Nintendo stuff shows up on Ebay and isn't that expensive. Given the amount of points you need to get most of the items, Ebay isn't a bad option if you really want something they offer, but have no where near the points.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.