Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Club Nintendo

Concept »

A service allowing consumers to obtain limited edition items with points accumulated through purchase of Nintendo products. Several titles have been released exclusively for this purpose. The program was discontinued in September 2015.

Which Club Nintendo reward?

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathTrap

Trying to decide between Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Super Mario 3D Land. What do you guys think?

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3D Land is a fantastic game. I also heard the port of DKCR has some issues.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

From what I remember DK had framerate issues more apparent when the 3d was turned on. Go with Super Mario 3D Land.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Both are great games, but I would say 3D Land.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I dunno, I liked DKC Returns when I first played it on Wii but after going through it again on the 3DS I thought it was boring as crap.

3D Land though, man that game kicks ass. Get that.

fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3D land is more solid, just an all great super mario game

dkcr is good, but i feel it lacks the widespread appeal of mario platforming. donkey kong platforming is still great, but way different scale/size than 3d world.

so unless donkey kong really got you off in the 90s, land is overall a better choice

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3D land but if you have the option go for the wrapping paper. Trust me the value among collectors will skyrocket.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

OK, help me choose between:

or

I don't know, I'm just kind of lukewarm on the stuff they have on offer. It looks like a lot of different games, but BOY is it a lot of NES games that I'm either not interested in, or NES that I already spent like $40 on buying them for the Wii so I'm good. So looking past that, I bought one thing for the Wii U, and one thing for the Wii that I didn't have but kinda wanted, so those are covered. These are the things I came up with for the 3DS offerings that I'm kinda vaguely interested in.

The Mario shirt isn't like, wowing me, but it's alright.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bisonhero: Definitely don't get Xevious. I made the mistake of spending coins on that game a few years ago and immediately regretted it. It sucks.

I didn't care much for the original Dillon's Rolling Western. Not sure if the sequel is any better or not. Can't speak for Sakura Samurai.

I know it isn't the same thing, but my mom bought me an 8 bit Mario shirt from Walmart recently on clearance.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BisonHero

@turtlebird95 said:

@bisonhero: Definitely don't get Xevious. I made the mistake of spending coins on that game a few years ago and immediately regretted it. It sucks.

I didn't care much for the original Dillon's Rolling Western. Not sure if the sequel is any better or not. Can't speak for Sakura Samurai.

I know it isn't the same thing, but my mom bought me an 8 bit Mario shirt from Walmart recently on clearance.

Yeah, that's kinda my problem, both options are functionally worthless in my mind, so I'm paralyzed by indecision. They're kinda both bad options, but I have to spend these coins on something.

I wish they had Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, but I think that game isn't poorly selling enough to warrant "let's give it away for free". Or I dunno, I could get New Super Mario Bros. 2, but I played the Wii one and I think that was enough. I wish they were offering some more interesting 3DS retail games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.