Quick Look Request: Cognition

#1 Posted by ch3burashka (5012 posts) -

I imagine any kind of request is bound to go down poorly (at the least this isn't an Endurance Run request thread), but with the increase in indie adventure game QL's, I was thinking I'd put in my 2 cents.

I found this game on Kickstarter about a year back - it looks cool and has an interesting premise. Like mentioned in a Bombcast e-mail long ago, GB holds a lot of sway in terms of awareness, especially if there's a Quick Look involved, and I imagine they'd appreciate the attention.

http://www.postudios.com/cognition/

Also, I'd like to put forth the conversation of a broader design: requests in general. Sure, they're an autonomous group of blokes that know what's what. They do Quick Looks of both the AAA titles and things they find around the web, but I'm sure the community would appreciate some input. Good Old Games has a request thread for games people want, and while that's a much more important factor of their business, I think GB could benefit from a similar measurement of community interest.

My idea? At the very least, an anchored thread in the General Discussion forum, or maybe later on, a built in feature similar to GoG.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10482 posts) -

You might be better off trying to directly contact one of the GB guys (Vinny perhaps) and recommend playing the game. Even if this thread gets a lot of traction and people supporting it, that doesn't mean that the GB guys will even see it.

#3 Edited by Stika (9 posts) -

I played their demo a few weeks ago, after bumping into the game while searching through Steam's Greenlight, I thought the game was great, loved the artstyle and the music, the puzzles were a bit easy, but then again, it was just a demo, so that's to be expected.

I remember the animations were a bit wonky at times, I was also not a fan of the mouse cursor during cutscenes, hopefully these will be fixed in episode 2

Still, if you can you should download their demo, I think it was worth it.

Anyway, here's the link to their greenlight page if you're interested:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92915746

and I found out they have something similar on GOG.com

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/cognition_an_erica_reed_thriller

#4 Posted by ch3burashka (5012 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

You might be better off trying to directly contact one of the GB guys (Vinny perhaps) and recommend playing the game. Even if this thread gets a lot of traction and people supporting it, that doesn't mean that the GB guys will even see it.

That's what I was hoping to avoid - I would guess direct PM's of requests is at the bottom of their junk pile. The point of a community request outlet would be to coordinate interest from the community rather from a single person. If everyone contributed their own request, that'd be madness.

And that's the point of the second part of the thread - I don't expect or want this to be a main thread, mainly an initiator of another, more concise solution for this issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.